What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgrade from 3004.388.4. No issues. Just noticed that uPnP was telling me that it cannot establish connection with my other router constant error msgs, so I turn it off, and after that everything was fine no more important errors.

Strange thing. After the reboot Guest Wifi 1 (2.4GHz) was disabled. I've enabled it and it's settled down fine again. I'll just keep an eye on it.
It did this once before on the beta but I just thought I may have disabled it myself.

Edit: Does it every reboot. If no-one else sees it in the next couple of days it's time for a factory reset 😒
Problem solved. I'd previously tried VPNMON-R3 for about 10 minutes then reverted back to VPNMON-R2, and maybe something was left behind or not restored.
So I flashed the beta, restored a backup from before the R3 test, dirty flashed this release and bingo - happy router.
Thank you @RMerlin

Dirty upgrade from beta1, no issues so far: everything is up an running. All IOT device online, OVPN working as expected.

BIG THANKS!!!

This "full" release is almost entirely bit-for-bit the beta 1 build. All I found different were compiled-in timestamp and version character strings. If you're running the beta, save your memory chip erase cycles. If you had a problem with the beta, the "release" won't fix it.
Thanks for this information. I still "upgraded" because I don't like this flashing bell on top...

I was hoping to see improved performance with custom MTU for Wireguard clients. Now set to 1412 for my PPPoE fiber.
My 500 Mbit fiber usually gives me 570-585 Mbit without vpn. My AX86U Pro maxes out around 415 Mbit across multiple vpn providers. I was hoping to see closer to 500 Mbit.
My friend with AX86U and 1Gb (not PPPoE) sees around 550-580 Mbit with the same VPN providers.

Does the overhead really eat up the ~150 Mbit ?

All Units updated and working great>
AX88U Pro / AX86U / AX58U
Thank You :)

Which version is this release based on?

Hi all,

I have a tricky issue with updating the firmware. I have a GT-AXE16000 and when I try to upload the new firmware, every time is't jumping back to router login screen.
I did try different browser or pc is the same.

Any ideas what it could be the issue?

Hi all,

I have a tricky issue with updating the firmware. I have a GT-AXE16000 and when I try to upload the new firmware, every time is't jumping back to router login screen.

Trying a different browser is not the same thing as clearing the browser cache.

Trying a different browser is not the same thing as clearing the browser cache.
Cache cleared, but is the same, after I click to upload the firmware is displaying "Please wait, Applying settings..." couple of seconds and back straight to the login page.

Cache cleared, but is the same, after I click to upload the firmware is displaying "Please wait, Applying settings..." couple of seconds and back straight to the login page.

Unplug all USB anything, Reboot router, then Flash from GUI.

Do not use any APP.

Problem solved. I'd previously tried VPNMON-R3 for about 10 minutes then reverted back to VPNMON-R2, and maybe something was left behind or not restored.
So I flashed the beta, restored a backup from before the R3 test, dirty flashed this release and bingo - happy router.
Thank you @RMerlin

VPNMON-R2/R3 doesn't touch or mess with any of the wireless settings... Must have been something else mucking things up. ;)

Dirty upgraded Ax86u main router and mesh router 3004.388.4 to 3004.388.5, all smooth.

Thanks for the great work

Smooth upgrade, so far so good.
Thank you!

Hi all,

I have the same problem and the same router...
1. Nothing plugged into the usb ports.
2. unplugged the routner for 5 mins will boot into 3004.388.4
3. flash the router and I get the message to manually reboot the router
4. it comes back to 3004.388.4
5. I have cleared all the cache and rebooted my pc.

I have never had this problem before....

-------
Update: wiped/cleared my router settings back to factory and then it would update to 3004.388.5... All is good now...

Last edited:
I have the same problem and the same router...
1. Nothing plugged into the usb ports.
2. unplugged the routner for 5 mins will boot into 3004.388.4
3. flash the router and I get the message to manually reboot the router
4. it comes back to 3004.388.4
5. I have cleared all the cache and rebooted my pc.

I have never had this problem before....

Flash stock ASUS Firmware (newest), let it settle for 10 minutes, then flash RMerlin (let it settle 10 min.)

If that doesn't do it, use the ASUS Restoration Tool to flash RMerlin.

VPNMON-R2/R3 doesn't touch or mess with any of the wireless settings... Must have been something else mucking things up. ;)
Testing R3 was the only thing I did, as I posted in the relevant thread. That was all that changed.
We'll leave it there, I have no proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.