What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I see where temperature is now shown in System Info and it really looks nice.
But, can I change from Celsius to Fahrenheit?
No, if I am not wrong it is not possible to change to Fahrenheit.

I found this error. There is a router (RT-AX68U) as an access point and an AiMesh node (RT-AX1800U). If you disable the 2.4G range in the WiFi settings of the RT-AX68U, you get the following messages in the log:
Code:
May 12 11:19:37 acsd: eth6: Selecting 5g band ACS policy
May 12 11:19:37 acsd: acs_init_run(1111): acs_start eth6 cannot select chanspec with the wrong info
May 12 11:19:40 acsd: eth6: Selecting 5g band ACS policy
May 12 11:19:40 acsd: acs_init_run(1111): acs_start eth6 cannot select chanspec with the wrong info
May 12 11:19:43 acsd: eth6: Selecting 5g band ACS policy
May 12 11:19:43 acsd: acs_init_run(1111): acs_start eth6 cannot select chanspec with the wrong info
May 12 11:19:46 acsd: eth6: Selecting 5g band ACS policy
May 12 11:19:46 acsd: acs_init_run(1111): acs_start eth6 cannot select chanspec with the wrong info
May 12 11:19:49 acsd: eth6: Selecting 5g band ACS policy
May 12 11:19:49 acsd: acs_init_run(1111): acs_start eth6 cannot select chanspec with the wrong info
May 12 11:19:52 acsd: eth6: Selecting 5g band ACS policy
May 12 11:19:52 acsd: acs_init_run(1111): acs_start eth6 cannot select chanspec with the wrong info
May 12 11:19:55 acsd: eth6: Selecting 5g band ACS policy
May 12 11:19:55 acsd: acs_init_run(1111): acs_start eth6 cannot select chanspec with the wrong info
May 12 11:19:58 acsd: eth6: Selecting 5g band ACS policy
May 12 11:19:58 acsd: acs_init_run(1111): acs_start eth6 cannot select chanspec with the wrong info
May 12 11:20:01 acsd: eth6: Selecting 5g band ACS policy
May 12 11:20:01 acsd: acs_init_run(1111): acs_start eth6 cannot select chanspec with the wrong info
May 12 11:20:04 acsd: eth6: Selecting 5g band ACS policy
May 12 11:20:04 acsd: acs_init_run(1111): acs_start eth6 cannot select chanspec with the wrong info
I tried a hard reset of both devices with manual minimal settings. The error can be removed by setting the 5G channel to Auto mode. But if you select the channel manually and reboot the router, the error repeats.

I found this error. There is a router (RT-AX68U) as an access point and an AiMesh node (RT-AX1800U). If you disable the 2.4G range in the WiFi settings of the RT-AX68U, you get the following messages in the log:
Code:
May 12 11:19:37 acsd: eth6: Selecting 5g band ACS policy
May 12 11:19:37 acsd: acs_init_run(1111): acs_start eth6 cannot select chanspec with the wrong info
I tried a hard reset of both devices with manual minimal settings. The error can be removed by setting the 5G channel to Auto mode. But if you select the channel manually and reboot the router, the error repeats.
If you want to keep the described configuration and these messages continue to fill the log, and you are using scribe, you can filter them as described here: https://www.snbforums.com/goto/post?id=747000 by creating a "discard" filter.

You watch too much Colbert and his Meanwhile segment I think.
Not seen it being in the UK but i'll be sure to check it out.

Isn't this a bug? Just information that does not affect the operation of the router?
It's a result of your specific setup, it seems. You'd need to determine if it affects the router operation. I had this message on an older router on older firmware and I don't believe there was performance impact. I believe the message is informational, indicating the router cannot reconcile your requested channel with the local router policy (probably DFS channels).

As long as the router is not restarting wifi (and it doesn't appear to be from your post), either ignore it or, if you want to clean up your logs, discard or re-route it using scribe. I'm just providing options for you.

Dirty flashed my GT-AX6000 from 388.2_2 that is nearly a year old and has been rock solid. I hope this one is at least as good :D

..Still loving having ROG branding stripped from the dashboard

Thanks much!

Hi guys, I am new to Merlin… I just installed it onto my GT AXE 16000 performing a complete reset and configured it new.
So far, everything looks to be working fine but I noticed that the CPU temp is consistently at 75C.. is this normal?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_1100.jpeg
    IMG_1100.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 37
Hi guys, I am new to Merlin… I just installed it onto my GT AXE 16000 performing a complete reset and configured it new.
So far, everything looks to be working fine but I noticed that the CPU temp is consistently at 75C.. is this normal?

While you may not enjoy being that hot, your CPU is nice and cozy.

Mine is running at 34 C to 39 C. Same router but I have a fan under the router.

CC

Hi Merlin and all, My AX86U suddenly is not generating any new logs since yesterday (GMT+8 here). I tried restarting to no avail. Any helpful tips to help me out here? Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 085823.png

-UPDATE- Ok, just ignore the above. Ran Scribe, and Re-Detect Syslog location. It's fine now.

Hi, where can I find the configuration used from the server side of wireguard?

I have a fan on top of my RT-AX88U to pull air up and out. It helps a lot, enough to justify the cost (around $25). Just be sure to use an inductive ball bearing type for longevity and noise. If you use some non inductive (brushes) it could possibly generate enough electrical "noise" to affect the router. BTW, with the fan my CPU is running at 43c. Without the fan it ran at around 70c.

Last edited:
You're running the fan for no reason then (except to collect dust...). 70C is well within the specs for the SoC.

installed 388.7 on both RT-AX88U as well as RT-AX86U-PRO
so far so good, let's see if wifi is stable(which was not the case in 388.6_2)

If i may add sonmething to the future wishlist.
it would be nice if we could attach labels or some kind of popup when you click the physical ports(undr network map-status)
now i need to look up everytime what i connected to which port in case i need to trouble shoot.
some of my devices are 100Base-T but devices like Playstation show up as 100Base-T but once you switch them on they goto 1000Base-T