What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Last edited:
I know some people reported issues with Mediafire today. I suspect it might be a problem with their server cluster that only affect certain visitors - it happened in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• 2014-07-03_09-32-04.jpg
    2014-07-03_09-32-04.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 553
I hadn't noticed a second DNS has finally been added. That's useful and is available in DD-WRT.

There are two different DNS settings, and they work differently.

The one under LAN DHCP is what IP gets sent to the clients over DHCP.

The two under WAN is what gets used by the router.

Normal behaviour is DHCP provides the router's IP to clients, and client queries are sent to the router, which are resolved by what's on the WAN page (either manual, or ISP's automatic DNS).

Normal behaviour is DHCP provides the router's IP to clients, and client queries are sent to the router, which are resolved by what's on the WAN page (either manual, or ISP's automatic DNS).

Thanks for clarifying these settings. Have never been sure about what the one on the DHCP was for. I assume if I put an external DNS address in the DHCP config then the router would be bypassed. Of course since there is only one field you would lose the redundancy that is provided on the WAN config.
--bill

Not what I thought then.

With DD-WRT it passes the manually entered DNS IPs or if left blank the ISP's DNS IPs to the DHCP clients, so doesn't route this via the router's IP address. You can enable an option for DNS Relay if you want to pass the router's IP address to the DHCP clients as the DNS address instead.

Not sure if it is just the 43 firmware or other merlin versions as well but router is being identified as a UPnP router in my network.

I thought in previous merlin versions it said RT-N66U but not sure and do not feel like loading older firmware right now.

Stock firmware identifies the router correctly.

Fixed. miniupnpd's build configuration was missing the option that enables vendor model specification, so the config entry was being ignored.

With qos enabled and wmm apsd disabled, the rt-n66u still has wmm enabled just without the apsd add-on correct?

With the "802.11ac Beamforming" ENABLED for 5GHz - I'm noticing some slowness and lagging while surfing the net on my Samsung Tab S.

With it DISABLED, web surfing is noticeably faster and smoother.

Is this a known issue w/ 802.11ac BF on 5GHz w/ Merlin's FW?

With the "802.11ac Beamforming" ENABLED for 5GHz - I'm noticing some slowness and lagging while surfing the net on my Samsung Tab S.

With it DISABLED, web surfing is noticeably faster and smoother.

Is this a known issue w/ 802.11ac BF on 5GHz w/ Merlin's FW?

Every experience I've had with beamforming has been the same way. Slow and laggy compared to not using it lol

Does this apply to "Universal Beamforming" setting as well? Should this also be DISABLED?

I would do a speed test with it on and then with it off and see which gave me the best results. Other than that, I don't know how to help you man.

If it seems like its causing issues than turn it off.

Good luck

I am hopping that some of you experts on this forum can answer my question. I have been using my RT-N66U as an SMB storage server for two of my Raid1 drive enclosures for a while now. My Android phone is setup to automatically sync all new pictures and videos upon connection to the router. After I upgraded to 374.42 and now to 374.43 I can no longer sync larger files (pics and video to be specific). The smaller files sync fine. I get an error in the SyncMe app saying "Error: Computer error: Insufficient server system resources to complete the operation while copying /storage/extSdCard". I contacted the developer of the app and he stated that the problem is related to the memory leak in SMB server on the router. Can someone confirm if this is the case? I have no apps installed or running on the router so the memory levels should be good. Can this problem be remedied with adding internal sd card?

Here is my df and free output:

admin@AHWNR:/tmp/home/root# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 24.5M 24.5M 0 100% /
tmpfs 117.0M 2.4M 114.6M 2% /tmp
devfs 117.0M 0 117.0M 0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock4 5.5M 388.0K 5.1M 7% /jffs
/dev/sdb1 1.8T 335.0G 1.5T 18% /tmp/mnt/MEDIA
/dev/sdc1 931.5G 246.4G 685.1G 26% /tmp/mnt/BACKUP

admin@AHWNR:/tmp/home/root# free
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 239712 153596 86116 0 8100
-/+ buffers: 1454

Can someone please help me with the issue above?

Can someone please help me with the issue above?
I can't see this being a memory leak problem with the server. If that were that case then this forum would be full of posts about it. It doesn't appear to be related to file size either as I can quite happily copy 5GB+ files with no problem.

So it must be something to do with the app. The only thing that comes to mind is if the app is trying to do lots (10+) of concurrent file transfers. I would speculate that in that circumstance the router might run out of memory or become unresponsive.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!