What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've two Asus routers with 374.43 and 374.43_2. Thinking of using one of them as a VPN server.

How do I do that?

Have tried to configure the main one as "Wireless router mode (Default)" and the 2nd one as "Access Point(AP) mode". However, the VPN option does not show up on the AP mode.

AC66U -> Main router
AC56S -> thinking of AP + VPN server

http://www.howtogeek.com/60774/connect-to-your-home-network-from-anywhere-with-openvpn-and-tomato/
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Configuring-OpenVPN

Is it possible to make the router/network extra secure? I already set my own SSID & password and I have changed the Admim GUI access page password and my security is on WPA 2 Personal. Is there much I can do to make it extra secure?

ASUS RT-AC66U F/W: 374.42

Do you have a vpn service app on your phone by any chance? I downloaded one and put the wrong password in for my vpn and my router showed those in the logs and that's what it was from. Never saw them again after uninstalling the apps

Running Open VPN on the AC68U with my Iphone 5s, no apparently issues connecting as long as I have a updated cert.

I've two Asus routers with 374.43 and 374.43_2. Thinking of using one of them as a VPN server.

How do I do that?

Have tried to configure the main one as "Wireless router mode (Default)" and the 2nd one as "Access Point(AP) mode". However, the VPN option does not show up on the AP mode.

AC66U -> Main router
AC56S -> thinking of AP + VPN server

Running two Asus Routers also AC68u as main, and the AC66U accesss point. VPN running through main router working just fine.

Md5 don't match on the rt-n66u downloaded 3 times same results

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

MD5 is good here. RT-N66U
dfds1c.jpg

78ebdd8b4c48fcfc7bef63111ad7ec4e RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_0.trx

Asus release new firmware.When release merlin new version?Asus latest version rt-n66u is 3.0.0.4.376.1071 released 2014/06/27

Network map new features :
1.System status can now show CPU and RAM usage.
2.Client status can show wireless clients signal strength.
3.Client icon is changeable.
4.Client name is changeable and parental control, QoS, manually assigned IP, static route, port forwarding client list can also refer to this name.

Security related :
1. Upgrade OpenSSL library from 1.0.0d to 1.0.0m

Bug fix:
1. Fixed IPv6 and some VDSL modem compatibility issues.
2. Fixed 3G/ 4G dongle compatibility issues for some Huawei dongles.
3. Fixed secondary wan setting issues in dual wan fail over mode.
4. Fixed traffic monitor display issues.
5. Daylight saving time can be manually adjusted.

Download master 3.1.0.88
1. Improved GUI response time.
2. Improved download speed.
3. A torrent downloading task may include multiple files and user can choose which files should be downloaded.

I am back on stock Asus software. My internet was disconnecting sometimes and Wi-Fi was slow. I did a factory reset before and after upgrading.

kiesa1231,

as stated, patience is needed. But thank you for posting about the new features.

Asus release new firmware.When release merlin new version?Asus latest version rt-n66u is 3.0.0.4.376.1071 released 2014/06/27

Network map new features :
1.System status can now show CPU and RAM usage.
2.Client status can show wireless clients signal strength.
3.Client icon is changeable.
4.Client name is changeable and parental control, QoS, manually assigned IP, static route, port forwarding client list can also refer to this name.

Security related :
1. Upgrade OpenSSL library from 1.0.0d to 1.0.0m

Bug fix:
1. Fixed IPv6 and some VDSL modem compatibility issues.
2. Fixed 3G/ 4G dongle compatibility issues for some Huawei dongles.
3. Fixed secondary wan setting issues in dual wan fail over mode.
4. Fixed traffic monitor display issues.
5. Daylight saving time can be manually adjusted.

Download master 3.1.0.88
1. Improved GUI response time.
2. Improved download speed.
3. A torrent downloading task may include multiple files and user can choose which files should be downloaded.

First we need to wait Source Code of this FW, second need to wait some users reviews how this stock FW works.

I am back on stock Asus software. My internet was disconnecting sometimes and Wi-Fi was slow. I did a factory reset before and after upgrading.

By this do you mean that although the WiFi connection would stay up, you would lose the internet connection? WiFi would show as connected but websites would be unavailable?

That's what I've been occasionally seeing.

Ok guys, I've got a weird problem.

I've got an rt-n66u and I'm on the latest merlin firmware. I also factory reset from 374.42.

Now my uptime was 23days, when I came home in the afternoon to check my router stats (like I always do), the router had automatically restarted. It wasn't a power cut because noting else looks like it restarted e.g(modem).

Now is there a way to retrieve like a crash log or a log of any sort. I looked at the system log but it reset to jan 1st.

I was using pptp vpn server this morning from my android phone, I think at around that time, could it be that?

Thanks!

I am hopping that some of you experts on this forum can answer my question. I have been using my RT-N66U as an SMB storage server for two of my Raid1 drive enclosures for a while now. My Android phone is setup to automatically sync all new pictures and videos upon connection to the router. After I upgraded to 374.42 and now to 374.43 I can no longer sync larger files (pics and video to be specific). The smaller files sync fine. I get an error in the SyncMe app saying "Error: Computer error: Insufficient server system resources to complete the operation while copying /storage/extSdCard". I contacted the developer of the app and he stated that the problem is related to the memory leak in SMB server on the router. Can someone confirm if this is the case? I have no apps installed or running on the router so the memory levels should be good. Can this problem be remedied with adding internal sd card?

Here is my df and free output:

admin@AHWNR:/tmp/home/root# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 24.5M 24.5M 0 100% /
tmpfs 117.0M 2.4M 114.6M 2% /tmp
devfs 117.0M 0 117.0M 0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock4 5.5M 388.0K 5.1M 7% /jffs
/dev/sdb1 1.8T 335.0G 1.5T 18% /tmp/mnt/MEDIA
/dev/sdc1 931.5G 246.4G 685.1G 26% /tmp/mnt/BACKUP

admin@AHWNR:/tmp/home/root# free
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 239712 153596 86116 0 8100
-/+ buffers: 1454

Last edited:
Hi guys

I need to donwload the latest merlin`s fw for the RT-AC68U but now the Mediafire website appears to be down

Someone have an alternative link?

Thanks

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!