What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Updated to 374.43 and all is well. My USB drive (ext4) mounted.
Thanks Merlin once again for your great work!

Thank for release

but my Philips doesn't see MKV files and 3d files from attached to AC66U WD 3.0tb ( Philips see it, but can't read)

last working is 374.40 ( here all work so great!)
42 - not working
43 - not working

can you fix it please?

RT-AC66U : 374.43_0 IPTV IGMP Snooping

Hi there,

this is my 1st post on this forum, so feel free to move this topic where appropriate if it is not already the case.

This post is a bit long, but I hope it can be usefull (sorry for my english, it's not my native language)

I'm using a RT-AC66U and I've upgraded today to 374.43 (from 374.42_0).
=> Unfortunatly, I had to rollback since I lost my IPTV.
=> Now everything is working again (so 374.43 is breaking something)

My ISP is french, and the ADSL modem has no bridge functionality, so I'm doing more or less a double NAT (in fact the WAN leg of the RT-AC66U is on the DMZ of the modem).

My setup is a bit weird (for me at least) but functional :
* ADSL modem IP is 192.168.1.254 and its subnet is 192.168.1.0/24
* ADSL modem DHCP is ON (mandatory for IPTV)
* RT-AC66 WAN IP is 192.168.1.200 (static IP, but the IP is DHCP-reserved on the modem side, just in case)
* RT-AC66 LAN IP is 192.168.2.1 (for a subnet of 192.168.2.0/24)
* the router is the main DHCP server for my network
* LAN1 of the router is plugged to a manageable GB switch
* with the 374.42_0 Firmware, I used IGMP proxy / IGMP snooping / DHCP forward, with a STB port set on LAN 4 (no VLAN or ISP specific setting)
* LAN4 of the router is plugged on port 16 of my GB switch
* port 16 of the switch is dedicated to IGMP snooping (static port, no VLAN)
* near my TV I have a second GB switch (smaller one, also manageable) which has also a specific port dedicated to IGMP snooping (port 2)
* My IPTV STB is linked to the port2 of my second switch
* last and least, both switch are connected via a cat6a cable.

Where it becomes interesting :
* in order to work, the IPTV IP MUST be on 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (IP served by DHCP by the adsl modem). I can change nothing on the IPTV box.

=> with the 374.42_0 Firmware, the IPTV STB DHCP lease is fine, and the IP given by the ADSL modem is 192.168.1.3
=> with 374.43_0, the STB is rebooting 5 or 6 time and is then stuck. In the RT-AC66 logs, I can see that there is something wrong with the DHCP request of the STB as there are some errors like "DHCPNAK $STB_mac_adrr$ wong server ID"

What is really strange is that if the STB is shutdown and unppluged (but RT-ACC66 remains plugged to the GB switch with LAN1 and LAN4 ports), I can see LAN4 an LAN1 leds of the router blinking simultaneously and so are my second swich leds.
=> so the router seems to flood the network with IPTV multicast packets.
=> then few minutes latter (say 10), the router becomes unresponsive and must be rebooted.

As I said, rolling back to latest availble FW for RT-AC66U (374.42_0) made my day !

Thanks for reading until there,
hope this helps.

Bistoury.

Last edited:
Appears to be performing better than 374.42 on my N66U.

Thank for release

but my Philips doesn't see MKV files and 3d files from attached to AC66U WD 3.0tb ( Philips see it, but can't read)

last working is 374.40 ( here all work so great!)
42 - not working
43 - not working

can you fix it please?

This is a minidlna issue. It will have to be resolved by the minidlna developer, I don't have time to debug third party components myself in addition to everything else.

is this one more stable ?

any more rebooting issue ?

Can you be more specific?

The RT-AC68U reboot issues have been fixed months ago.

I just uploaded the 374.43_2 build for the RT-AC56U.

do i need to restore factory default after i flash this new one ?

i am currently using : 3.0.0.4.374.39

Hello, today i bought the RTN66R model and update the firmware to the latest merlin fw and I have been getting 1.2mbs-30mbps on speed test when I should be getting between 45-55mbps...

I have about 8 devices connected to the WiFi.

What settings should I change to help fix my issues?

This is a minidlna issue. It will have to be resolved by the minidlna developer, I don't have time to debug third party components myself in addition to everything else.

yeah i can understand

but you fixed it once =)

can you tell me, where i can find info how to fix it myself,
because I'm perry sure developer of minidlna doesn't do it.

Wan doesn't renew IP on RT-AC66U

Hi,
I got some strange issue on the 374.42 and now 374.43, the WAN IP doesn't renew after 10 to 12 hour running, to get a new one I have to log in and go to the WAN page and press the "Apply" button and then the IP comes up again and all works fine.
My RT-AC66U is behind a D-Link DWR 923 which is configured as a bridge.
I have tryed to connect a double WAN in Failover mode with a Huawei USB modem as the backup one, but as the WAN is not stable the second WAN is always on and running out of capacity.
Anyone have got the same issue?
Anything I could do to fix that problem?

Thanks.