What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.49 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is it posible to have the 87R Email me When someone connects to the wifi, with a scripts or something? THIS would be a nice feature. For Many many reasons. Can someone elaborate if possible. Thanks in advance.
It's probably best if you start a new thread about this as your question isn't specifically about release 376.49.

My Apps Analysis doesn't seem to be working anymore. Everything is listed as "General".
Anyone else experiencing this?

That was the KB article I was looking for...thanks for posting this. I know when I took my MS certifications a long time ago this was the norm for static addresses but I couldn't find the supporting documentation.
I presume you mean reservations and not static? Static addresses are set on the host and must not conflict wth anything handed out by the DHCP server, whereas reservations are set on the DHCP server.

But isn't that KB article just typical MS? There are 3 rules, but rule 2 basically says that rule 1 is irrelevant and rule 3 makes rules 1 and 2 irrelevant. :D

I was surprised to find (as referenced by unsynaps) that with ISC dhcpd (which might be regarded as the definitive reference) that creating a mapping within a pool doesn't actually reserve it exclusively. I can see that leading to problems!

I guess most people will be used to doing the "MS way". It seems sensible. But on a server you can create multiple scopes, some for dynamic addresses others for reservations. On the ASUS we don't have that option, just a single range with a start and end.

The max-leases option is really nothing to do with any of this, it's just a way of limiting the amount of memory consumed by all the lease records.

Last edited:
DHCP range

First post, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks. Still running ASUS WRT but about to leap into Merlin.

I have the DHCP pool range from 1 to 254 (yes, an overkill and I will reduce it sometime very soon). I have the router LAN IP set at 254. Is this a problem being in the pool range?

RT-AC68U @ 3.0.0.4.376_3626

Bob

Thank you Merlin, not that I have Apple devices (living in an Apple-free environment here :D) but I downloaded the firmware and updated my RT-AC87u with it... we'll see how it goes... read about the new ASUS firmware and it seems that it has fixes for several issues.. but this new firmware only includes the updated Quantenna driver, right?

Cheers,
Dragster

Correct. Merging the new code will take me weeks of work and testing.

First post, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks. Still running ASUS WRT but about to leap into Merlin.

I have the DHCP pool range from 1 to 254 (yes, an overkill and I will reduce it sometime very soon). I have the router LAN IP set at 254. Is this a problem being in the pool range?

RT-AC68U @ 3.0.0.4.376_3626

Bob

It might be. To be safe, just reduce the scope to end at 253.

Hi Merlin how are you?

First of all Happy New Year

Asus just released Version 3.0.0.4.378.3754 for RT-AC87U with a couple of changes

Is this Asus version newer than yours or the mods that asus madse is already at the 376.49?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Merlin how are you?

Asus just released Version 3.0.0.4.378.3754 with a couple of changes

Is this Asus version newer than yours or the mods that asus madse is already at the 376.49?

Thanks
What device is this for? ASUS have just released an update for the RT-AC68U for Japan ONLY.
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.3762
3.0.0.4.378_3762 is for Japan only, worldwide version will be released in the first week of 2015.

What device is this for? ASUS have just released an update for the RT-AC68U for Japan ONLY.

I can see this same update on Canadian ASUS site. Ready for download in download section.

http://www.asus.com/ca-en/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/

EDIT: False alarm, it will be available for download promptly, in first week of 2015. At least, that's the note inside... Why would they make GLOBAL download link then?

JL3nlPj.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to change to Merlin last night

I was about to load up Merlin on my RT-AC68U last night and I was a bit slow to start. I dodged a bullet because we had a 1.5 hour power fail which was right when I intended to do the change. Then I see a note about new ASUS firmware.

I'm going to hold off for a few days until our power stabilises a bit. We are having a heatwave here in south eastern Australia and all the air cons are overloading the system. We are expecting temperatures of around 40C today. It is 4:00am and already it is pushing 30C.

Last edited:
I'd rather avoid the flood of "my 5 GHz band is gone" reports from 376.48 that could have been avoided by either applying the posted fix, or doing a factory default reset.

I really tried to find the "posted fix". Where do I can find it? Any description? :confused:

Right now I am using 376.48_1 on a AC68U. So I will wait with an upgrade..

I really tried to find the "posted fix". Where do I can find it? Any description? :confused:

Right now I am using 376.48_1 on a AC68U. So I will wait with an upgrade..

First post of the 376.48 release thread on the forums.

I have made tests between fork v6 and .49_4 and .3626 last night and i noticed this 2 lines in the logs each time im switching firmwares and Factory Reset to default:

Jan 1 00:00:12 kernel: Scanning device for bad blocks
Jan 1 00:00:12 kernel: Bad eraseblock 953 at 0x000007720000

I dont have any usb devices hook on the router

p.s:i erased vram and Factory default also

These lines are normals? :confused:

It denotes a bad sector in the flash memory of the router. This aren't uncommon with this type of NAND, and are automatically handled by the kernel, so nothing to worry about.

Hi Merlin how are you?

Asus just released Version 3.0.0.4.378.3754 for RT-AC87U with a couple of changes

Thanks

Check the README, I always specify there on which GPL version my firmware is based.

Hi. I use firmware RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_376.47_0 it work good. When i upgrade firmware RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_376.48_1 or higher, internet connection do not work.
In System Log i see:
"/usr/sbin/l2tpd[941]: Too many retransmissions on tunnel (50095/0); closing down"
Use Beeline (Russia) L2TP. Sorry for my english.

NTP issue?

Is the NTP security problem applicable to AsusWRT-Merlin?

CVE-2014-9295

If so, has it been patched with this release? I didn't find it in searches but perhaps my search was inept...

Is the NTP security problem applicable to AsusWRT-Merlin?

CVE-2014-9295

If so, has it been patched with this release? I didn't find it in searches but perhaps my search was inept...

I asked several pages ago - no, no ntpd server (which is vulnerable) on the device; only a client. We're not affected by this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!