What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.49 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Then this is a totally different issue, which has nothing to do with favicon.ico. I will have to check if the icon gets correctly copied on install with MIPS routers.

Yes, the original poster mentioned the favicon.ico and that is what added the confusion .
So to clarify:
At least on the rt- n66 and rt ac66 firmware the dlna icon (an icon with a picture of the router) no longer shows.
In windows it simply shows the generic windows dlna icon.
In other clients like tvs android devices etc it shows a ? mark in place of the icon.
Many thanks.

I found a wireless network connection failure from sleep fix, which involved deleting the bluetooth preferences, seems to be working on 49 now.

Yes, the original poster mentioned the favicon.ico and that is what added the confusion .
So to clarify:
At least on the rt- n66 and rt ac66 firmware the dlna icon (an icon with a picture of the router) no longer shows.
In windows it simply shows the generic windows dlna icon.
In other clients like tvs android devices etc it shows a ? mark in place of the icon.
Many thanks.

Hello
Sorry I apologizie for the added confusion and in my ignorance i made the mistake to associate the favicon.ico 404 error to the missing icon
So , now after Merlin explanation I confirm what Said by Faria:

Since a couple of releases RT-N66u miss the nice router default DLNA icon and it show a question mark.

Now i know that it has nothing to do with the missing favicon.ico (probably wrongly asked by Samsung devices just because they cannot retrieve the icon by DLNA)

I tried minidlna with debian and now Samsung tv correctly retrieve the defaullt (Tux) icon
I think this is a confirmation that something could be wrong in RT-N66U DLNA Icon and that it can be fixed only recompiling minidlna after changing icons.c (just my guess)

Thank you very much for your help

BR
Ocram

Last edited:
A LAN cannot have "an IP". It's a collection of devices, therefore having a prefix is normal (and in line with the field name).

Thanks. That makes sense, but in previous versions, the LAN IPv6Address field showed a full IPv6 address. I did notice then that it didn't seem to match anything on the network, so maybe it was giving itself an IPv6 address? Showing something bogus in memory? Anyway, now it shows:

LAN IPv6 Address 2601:b:8f00:35::1
LAN Prefix Length 64
LAN IPv6 Prefix 2601:b:8f00:35::

Last edited:
Latest firmware has the same issue, that way I guess it's time to get a real router that doesn't only advertise 3G/4G compatibility, but simply works.

I would suggest to check what dovado routers offers. That might be best router with 4g modem. www.dovado.com. I am suffering also with e3276 and rt-ac68.

Last edited:
Thanks. That makes sense, but in previous versions, the LAN IPv6Address field showed a full IPv6 address. I did notice then that it didn't seem to match anything on the network, so maybe it was giving itself an IPv6 address? Showing something bogus in memory? Anyway, now it shows:

LAN IPv6 Address 2601:b:8f00:35::1
LAN Prefix Length 64
LAN IPv6 Prefix 2601:b:8f00:35::

Which now looks correct to me, so it's actually a bug that was fixed, not the other way around. A prefix is a "block" from which IPs get allocated to LAN clients, based on the prefix length.

I think this is a confirmation that something could be wrong in RT-N66U DLNA Icon and that it can be fixed only recompiling minidlna after changing icons.c (just my guess)

It was indeed specific to only these two models, as all others have an external image.

icons.c was looking for a define that was present in Makefile (RTN66U) but not in icons.c itself, so the RT-N66U was only getting the default embedded icon. Fixed with this commit.

As for the RT-AC66U, it didn't have an external icon, and the minidlna build environment wasn't looking for that model either, so I made minidlna handle it as if it was an RT-N66U (since both are physically identical). Fixed with this commit.

376.49_2 has been uploaded, addressing issues with Asus DDNS, the OpenVPN server user account list, and missing DLNA icons for the N66 and AC66.

Hi,
Just updated my rt-as56u from stock 3602 to 376.49. All went fine. Did "factory reset" from the admin -> update -> another "factory reset" from the admin and set everything manually, without importing old settings. I'm not very much of a spec in this matter, so I have two questions :
1. Admin says bootloader is 1.0.2. As far as I understand 3602 should've upgraded the bootloader to 2.0 (never checked before I put 376.49, though). So - is this 1.0.2 normal or something's wrong ?
2. My 5GHz settings still show only 4 channels, but again - I've never checked how it was before I upgraded to the faulty 3602. So second question is - is it just normal to have just 4 channels and no DFS on rt-ac56u or I still have problems because of 3602.

No i did not, next time I test again. I only use server1 atm.
Probably new try in next week.
Octopus

I have just tested and "Extra HMAC-verifiering" is working now. Removed, "key-direction 0" and use drop down menu.
I can see in configfile, "tls-auth static.key 0". No problem with that function.

Octopus

I get the icons in both Plugplayer (Nexus tablet) and in Windows 8.1's network locations.

Merlin Logo looking good also. Too bad Microsoft removed the ability to set a logo for the network in Windows 8.

Attachments

• Network and Sharing Center.png
    Network and Sharing Center.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 688
Hi Merlin,

From 376.48 build on my RT-AC66U, when I download from my MAC Pro in 5GHz (AC), the CPU tops out at 96-100%...

And I really don't know why...

This may be outside the scope of the project, but it would be nice if the router would let you listen on WAN for webui access on HTTP but then forward it to the HTTPS port automatically. Just a thought.

AC68P upgraded to 376.49 with full reset. Making progress with v6 issues, but noticed the following in the log regarding v4 DNS that I've never seen before with any other version. What does "for domain bad" mean and why is it showing up?

Dec 31 19:00:23 dnsmasq[679]: using nameserver 2001:558:feed::2#53
Dec 31 19:00:23 dnsmasq[679]: using nameserver 2001:558:feed::1#53
Dec 31 19:00:23 dnsmasq[679]: using nameserver 75.75.76.76#53 for domain bad
Dec 31 19:00:23 dnsmasq[679]: using nameserver 75.75.75.75#53 for domain bad
Dec 31 19:00:23 dnsmasq[679]: using nameserver 75.75.75.75#53
Dec 31 19:00:23 dnsmasq[679]: using nameserver 75.75.76.76#53

Anyone know why I'm seeing these two items in the log with 376.49_2 with my AC68P? Never seen either before?

DNS "for domain bad"...what does this mean?

Dec 31 19:00:23 dnsmasq[679]: using nameserver 75.75.76.76#53 for domain bad
Dec 31 19:00:23 dnsmasq[679]: using nameserver 75.75.75.75#53 for domain bad

DHCPv6 is throwing out these although most clients are getting v6 addresses, not all clients are showing with an address under the IPv6 system logging:

Dec 31 19:00:45 dnsmasq-dhcp[679]: DHCPADVERTISE(br0) 00:01:00:01:1b:f4:03:63:ee:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX no addresses available (substituted XX's)

So I noticed that it was recommended to reset to factory defaults this time. I have both an AC68U as a router and an N66U as an access point. I reconfigured the A68U first and all went well. Then I reset to factory on the N66U and the fun began. The factory reset caused the N66U to come back up with the same IP address as the AC68U (192.168.1.1) and all sorts of chaos ensued. I did get it sorted eventually, but for the future, what are best practices to follow in order to avoid this type of issue? Thanks for any suggestions.
--
bc

So I noticed that it was recommended to reset to factory defaults this time. I have both an AC68U as a router and an N66U as an access point. I reconfigured the A68U first and all went well. Then I reset to factory on the N66U and the fun began. The factory reset caused the N66U to come back up with the same IP address as the AC68U (192.168.1.1) and all sorts of chaos ensued. I did get it sorted eventually, but for the future, what are best practices to follow in order to avoid this type of issue? Thanks for any suggestions.
--
bc

unplug your AC68U while you're setting up the N66U.

1. Admin says bootloader is 1.0.2. As far as I understand 3602 should've upgraded the bootloader to 2.0 (never checked before I put 376.49, though). So - is this 1.0.2 normal or something's wrong ?

There was no bootloader upgrade for the RT-AC56U.

Hi Merlin,

From 376.48 build on my RT-AC66U, when I download from my MAC Pro in 5GHz (AC), the CPU tops out at 96-100%...

And I really don't know why...

If you don't have NAT acceleration enabled, then any Internet connection close to 100-150 Mbps will push the CPU load to 100% on the RT-AC66U.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!