What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.49 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I seem to be having a problem applying changes to the main WAN config page. Example: Connect to DNS Server automatically is set to no, with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in the DNS fields. If I make any changes to these numbers, and hit apply.. they are not applied. Same if I change the checkbox to Yes.Any other setting on the WAN page does the same thing. It appears the submit function is broken on the form. This istarted with 376.49_0 and is still in 376.49_2. Tried with multiple browsers on multiple devices.

And your router model is?
RT-N68U
Just tried, and it works for me. Open your browser console and see if it shows any error message when you load the page or try to apply.

When I open the Javascript console, after I hit Apply, I get this...
Code:
Uncaught ReferenceError: validate_fqdn is not defined
nY0pWsq.png

Firmware upgrade

Quick question... I have RT-AC68U, and yesterday I did factory reset as suggested. I was on RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_376.49_0, and after factory reset I upgraded my firmware to RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_376.49_2

I have my old configuration file saved from the 49_0. My question is... Is it safe to load that file into 49_2 ? Are there any settings not supported in this newest firmware?

I know it's noob question, but I believe there is no harm in asking. It's simple... I do appreciate everyone's great effort in helping people like myself and even those with even less knowledge, but if you're annoyed with my question in any way, please don't reply. I just want to make sure I don't screw up anything. I could reconfigure everything manually of course, but my custom DHCP list is pretty long, so I'd have to enter all those entries from the scratch.

Thanks in advance to all those who try to help and of course to Merlin for his hard work and dedication. Thank you!

AC66U. Flashed 376.49_2 after 376.48_3. There is a problem with enabling OpenVPN server - the device asks me to wait until it configures the server but this continues forever and I cannot download the config file as a result. Reconfiguring server doesn't help. The config file used in 376.48 does not connect to the server.

Do anyone else have such problem?

6.jpg

P.S. RMerlin, thank you for the fixed long SSID names.

Last edited:
Updated to this firmware today on my RT-AC87U. At the top of the GUI, where the SSID names are listed, my 2.4G SSID name is listed properly, and the 5G SSID is listed as 'undefined'. Everything seems to be working properly, and the 5G network can be seen with the correct name. Seems to just be a graphical bug.

I installed RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_376.49_2

and yet it tells me that ive got 3.0.0.4.376.45_0 installed?

:confused:

Either you really haven't updated as you think or you need to clear your cache. ;)

No problems here with my RT-N66U - updated, pulled the power plug and waited 5 minutes. Started the router and after 10 minutes did a gui Reboot.

Solid ever since.

Working Fine so far, except for the mac filter naming again. Doesn't work properly.

I installed 376.49_2 and lost all IPv6 capability on my RT-AC66U, even after restoring the factory default. The only way I got IPv6 back was by rolling back to 376.48_3. :(

Did I misunderstand the difference between reset and restore when I used the GUI restore instead of the button reset? :confused: If it helps any, my ISP is Comcast and I'm using a SB6183.

RT-N68U

When I open the Javascript console, after I hit Apply, I get this...
Code:
Uncaught ReferenceError: validate_fqdn is not defined

Found it. That error only occurs if you enter something in the hostname field. Leave it empty for now (most ISPs don't require this to be defined).

For now, if the goal is to define your LAN hostname, do so on the LAN page instead.

Last edited:
I have my old configuration file saved from the 49_0. My question is... Is it safe to load that file into 49_2 ? Are there any settings not supported in this newest firmware?

It's fine. There was no setting change between these two versions.

Was on .47. Upgraded to .49_2. Router isn't getting assigned an IPV6 address.

Tried turning on and off NAT acceleration. Turning on and off IPV6. No luck. Went back to .48_3 and now it is working.

I have Comcast ISP. Also tried turning on and off my Cable modem.

Also this is an RT-AC66

Last edited:
I installed 376.49_2 and lost all IPv6 capability on my RT-AC66U, even after restoring the factory default. The only way I got IPv6 back was by rolling back to 376.48_3. :(

Did I misunderstand the difference between reset and restore when I used the GUI restore instead of the button reset? :confused: If it helps any, my ISP is Comcast and I'm using a SB6183.

I have numerous users with working IPv6 on Comcast and 376.49, so I'd double check your configuration. Some people also resolved Comcast-specific issues in the past by also turning their modem off for 5-10 mins to fully reset their connection.

Working Fine so far, except for the mac filter naming again. Doesn't work properly.

These past few weeks I've had 2-3 reports of issues with MAC filter names, yet I've been unable to reproduce any of it so far. Can you describe in details the steps you are taking, and the actual results?

Found it. That error only occurs if you enter something in the hostname field. Leave it empty for now (most ISPs don't require this to be defined).

For now, if the goal is to define your LAN hostname, do so on the LAN page instead.
Thanks! That did it! Finally decent download speeds. I was using Google DNS for the longest time, but found changing my DNS back to Charter's I got better speeds with more local content servers.

I have numerous users with working IPv6 on Comcast and 376.49, so I'd double check your configuration. Some people also resolved Comcast-specific issues in the past by also turning their modem off for 5-10 mins to fully reset their connection.
Charter 6RD is working fine for me as well. All sites working fine as far as I can tell.

First of all, thanks Merlin for all the hard work and the excellent firmware result of it.

Just upgraded from 48_3, did a Factory Reset and when configuring everything again I noticed that "Advertise DNS to clients" option is missing from OpenVPN Server settings.
Is this a bug (i think so) or was removed for some reason?

I was able to enable it manually in case anyone has the same problem by executing the following command:

Code:
nvram set vpn_server1_pdns="1"

I am moving the RT-AC87U 376.49 and 376.49_2 builds to the Beta folder for now while I try to investigate two reports of boot loops occuring on this particular model.

If you did flash and encountered the issue, then please put your router into Factory Recovery mode (by booting with the reset button pressed), and reflash 376.48.

So far I can't reproduce the issue on my own AC87U, so I don't know yet the cause of it.

AC66U. Flashed 376.49_2 after 376.48_3. There is a problem with enabling OpenVPN server - the device asks me to wait until it configures the server but this continues forever and I cannot download the config file as a result. Reconfiguring server doesn't help. The config file used in 376.48 does not connect to the server.

Do anyone else have such problem?

6.jpg

P.S. RMerlin, thank you for the fixed long SSID names.

Solved a problem by changing the Encryption cipher setting in Advanced settings.
For some reason the openvpn server now in 376.49 doesn't start if the Encryption cipher is set to None!

Router freezing

I've upgraded to 49_2 a few hours ago, jumping from 48_1 on my AC68U. I've been noticing issues with the router freezing when doing massive downloads WAN to LAN. It gets to about 200Mbps and then it freezes. I need to hard reboot it to get it back working again. On the 48_1 firmware I had no such issues, I could easily pull 500Mbps WAN to LAN downloading.

I tried searching a bit for this issue but can't seem to find anyone else complaining. I should mention I haven't done a factory reset after upgrading. If this is required, can I do a factory reset and then load the cfg file? Or do i need to reset everything up by hand again?

LE: I've disabled hardware acceleration and while I see the obvious hit in performance it seems the router no longer freezes in software mode.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!