What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.49 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can I flash ac68u fw over ac68p ?

ac68p has 1ghz processor

Yes, you can. I'm using the new firmware on my RT-AC68P, and working fine so far. Including IPv6, thankyou for that *smile*. Nothing special to do, just do the same things that you would do if you had an RT-AC68U. Don't forget to reset to factory defaults and manually re-enter settings. It might work not to do that, but I've found that a clean start with new firmware is really helpful in the big picture.

Update: Still getting these in my system log. I thought that turning off DHCP message logging would stop them from being logged...is there something additional I need to do:

Dec 21 10:05:43 dnsmasq-dhcp[682]: DHCPADVERTISE(br0) 00:01:00:01:1b:eb:4f:58:44:8a:5b:bc:44:09 no addresses available
Dec 21 10:10:21 dnsmasq-dhcp[682]: DHCPADVERTISE(br0) 00:01:00:01:1b:eb:4f:58:44:8a:5b:bc:44:09 no addresses available
Dec 21 11:07:44 dnsmasq-dhcp[682]: DHCPADVERTISE(br0) 00:01:00:01:19:7b:81:2c:84:8f:69:bb:78:2f no addresses available
Dec 21 11:48:32 dnsmasq-dhcp[682]: DHCPADVERTISE(br0) 00:01:00:01:1b:eb:4f:58:44:8a:5b:bc:44:09 no addresses available
Dec 21 14:13:07 dnsmasq-dhcp[682]: DHCPADVERTISE(br0) 00:01:00:01:1b:eb:4f:58:44:8a:5b:bc:44:09 no addresses available

Last edited:
Any changes to the UPNP on this release?
Thanks Merlin!

Nothing changed. Please review the changelog for the detailed list of changes.

Thank you for this great port Merlin..

Btw, is there any chance of adding support for Microsoft's OneDrive and Google Drive instead of just Dropbox? Regards.

Most of AiCloud is closed source, so no. Beside this is outside the goal of this project.

Thanks for the update.

I might have come across an issue... OpenVPN server1 is running but no users are listed at the bottom of the page. I've tried adding them but as soon as the page refreshes they disappear. when I run "nvram show" I can see the users details and I can log into the VPN as a client. It's a minor issue as the accounts I need are there but I can't edit (remove) them using the VPN webui.

Confirmed. Must have somehow broke in the merge with the new Asus VPN UI.

The full IPv6 LAN Address no longer shows. Only the prefix shows (in the prefix field and the LAN address field).

A LAN cannot have "an IP". It's a collection of devices, therefore having a prefix is normal (and in line with the field name).

Minidlan icon still missing?

Hi
RT-N66U still having the "cosmetic" issue with minidlna missing default icon.

favicon.ico still not present?

BR and thanks
Orcam

Perhaps an obvious question...

I haven't upgraded yet, but I'll do so in a few hours.

If I decide to do a factory reset, is there a way to export all of my settings and re-import them so I don't need to start from scratch w/ my router setttings, port forwarding, etc?

Thanks!

With this update and after restoring the factory settings is impossible to configure the DDNS service asus.

AC87u

Perhaps an obvious question...

I haven't upgraded yet, but I'll do so in a few hours.

If I decide to do a factory reset, is there a way to export all of my settings and re-import them so I don't need to start from scratch w/ my router setttings, port forwarding, etc?

Thanks!

This has already been discussed on Page 1, please read the previous pages to see the solution,

Regards

Sorry, not what he had seen.
Sorry for the level of English.

regards!

Hi
RT-N66U still having the "cosmetic" issue with minidlna missing default icon.

favicon.ico still not present?

As I previously explained, favicon.ico is not part of the DLNA protocol. Any client that relies on favicon.ico is broken. The correct DLNA method is to push the icon through the DLNA protocol in the upnp:icon field, which minidlna does properly. I get the icons in both Plugplayer (Nexus tablet) and in Windows 8.1's network locations.

favicon.ico is for web browsers only. If your DLNA client tries to use favicon.ico instead of the upnp:icon standard, then they need to fix their code.

Attachments

• win_location.png
    win_location.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 317
  • plugplayer.png
    plugplayer.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Bug report: Upgraded my RT-AC68U to 376.49, then factory-defaulted the unit. While reconfiguring my settings, I observed that when attempting to add a new userid/password combination underneath an OpenVPN Server instance Server 1, clicking the + sign underneath Add / Delete to add the userid, and clicking Apply, the webui emits the message Applying Settings..., however the new userid doesn't actually get added.

Regression in the 3677 merge, fixed.

For now user authentication should still be working, you just won't be able to edit OpenVPN server users until the next release.

Asus DDNS issue fixed - that return call got lost in the code merge.

Have you done a full factory reset after flashing?

I initially carried out an upgrade from 48.1 and when port forwarding (not UPnP) wasn't working I proceeded with a factory reset and reflashed .49... no go!

I also noticed the memory stats are being incorrectly reported in the web gui

Attachments

• 2014_12_22_00_48_40.png
    2014_12_22_00_48_40.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 340
So how come Asus don't employ RMerlin?!

I am considering a RT-AC87 purchase to replace my N66U.

Thanks to you for supporting the routers development.

OpenVpn server with "Extra HMAC-verification" I couldn't get "inconing 0" from drop down menu to work,
I have to put "key-direction 0" in customized configuration.

Octopus