What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.51 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Still the same problem. Where are these extra logs stored (Not in /tmp/var/log or /jffs/scripts or /jffs) .

Syslog still shows :
Code:
Mar  9 00:14:12 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/ddns-start (args: xxxx)
Mar  9 00:14:14 ddns: Custom ddns update failed
Mar  9 00:14:14 admin: DDNS updated 0
Mar  9 00:14:41 watchdog: start ddns.
Mar  9 00:14:41 rc_service: watchdog 585:notify_rc start_ddns
Mar  9 00:14:41 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/ddns-start (args: x.x.x.x)
Mar  9 00:14:43 ddns: Custom ddns update failed
Mar  9 00:14:43 admin: DDNS updated 0

Try inserting logging entries right after both ddns_custom_updated calls to see if it's an error code returned by wget that's causing it. Something like this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

wget -q http://freedns.afraid.org/dynamic/update.php?<secret_code>

if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
  /sbin/ddns_custom_updated 1
logger "DDNS updated 1"
else
  /sbin/ddns_custom_updated 0
logger "DDNS updated 0"
fi

That will confirm if the issue is the return code coming from wget. Maybe that update URL returns an error code if you try to update your DDNS too often (which DDNS providers call "abusive updates").

Still the same problem. Where are these extra logs stored (Not in /tmp/var/log or /jffs/scripts or /jffs) .

Syslog still shows :
Code:
Mar  9 00:14:12 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/ddns-start (args: xxxx)
Mar  9 00:14:14 ddns: Custom ddns update failed
Mar  9 00:14:14 admin: DDNS updated 0
Mar  9 00:14:41 watchdog: start ddns.
Mar  9 00:14:41 rc_service: watchdog 585:notify_rc start_ddns
Mar  9 00:14:41 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/ddns-start (args: x.x.x.x)
Mar  9 00:14:43 ddns: Custom ddns update failed
Mar  9 00:14:43 admin: DDNS updated 0

Your script seems to missing some code, try to use this:

#!/bin/sh
wget -q http://freedns.afraid.org/dynamic/update.php?your-private-key-goes-here -O - >/dev/null
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
/sbin/ddns_custom_updated 1
else
/sbin/ddns_custom_updated 0
fi

WiFi is much more stable now with 51 on my AC66R. With 50 it was all over the place especially with Apple devices. Thanks for reverting the driver! So far all ok at least in AP mode.

I can also report much more stable WiFi (AC66U) on our Apple devices (iPhones 4,5,6 and iPads) compared to .50. No more random delays and much faster net access after "sleeping/dark devices".

I do not have any hard evidence but the "feeling" is much better.

Last edited:
Strangely on .51 my Samsung U40h7000 tv won't connect anymore to the 5Ghz wifi of my 87 router. On .50-ta all was fine, as soon as I went back to 50-ta it connects again and after that back to 51 looses the connection..

So its back to .50-ta for me for now

I just installed the firmware 378.51 for my Asus AC-68u router
generally, things are working fine, however I am now not able to log into my samba share from my Asus android 4.2 tablet (using my oppo app). This was all working fine using the previous Asus 378.387 firmware. (And the original Asus firmware as well). I'm sharing a USB 3.0 hard drive plugged into the router.

By the way, these shares are visible On the tablet, but I'm not able to log into them. They are visible and I'm able to access them from my Windows PC.

(I had a similar problem in the past (1 mo ago) with a previous version of the Merlin firmware, and so I uninstalled it)

Last edited:
Look at the Tools -> Sysinfo page, it will tell you what feature is forcing it to be disabled.

What does it mean when it states nothing?

2gx2t80.jpg

Hello!

I have got a little problem with the ac56u router. I use your firmware, and i realise that the RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_376.47_0 is okey and then the newer are all not good for me.

The problem is:

I got some call of duty servers and if I update the firmware i cant ping the servers on xfire, biut bcause of teh localhost i can go and play, but he another peoples can't play, and sometimes they can, so there is some problem with the port forwarding. The other thing are work so i can use my webpage on port 80 and teh other things work eg team speak 3 server works too. If I put he 376.47_0 ewerithing work done.

Could you have anya idea of it? I think it is a firmware bug, because the older versions work fine, but the newer is always better so i want to update, but het last 7 release do this kind of bug :( I try all off the releases so because i think that not my mistake!

Thanks a lot!

The Tools->Sysinfo is not showing the wireless clients correctly for the AC3200. The 5GHz clients are actually 2.4GHz clients. The 2.4GHz clients are 5GHz-1 clients. The label 5GHz should be 5GHz-1.

Attachments

• Wireless Settings.pdf
    116.4 KB · Views: 370
Hello!

I have got a little problem with the ac56u router. I use your firmware, and i realise that the RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_376.47_0 is okey and then the newer are all not good for me.

The problem is:

I got some call of duty servers and if I update the firmware i cant ping the servers on xfire, biut bcause of teh localhost i can go and play, but he another peoples can't play, and sometimes they can, so there is some problem with the port forwarding. The other thing are work so i can use my webpage on port 80 and teh other things work eg team speak 3 server works too. If I put he 376.47_0 ewerithing work done.

Could you have anya idea of it? I think it is a firmware bug, because the older versions work fine, but the newer is always better so i want to update, but het last 7 release do this kind of bug :( I try all off the releases so because i think that not my mistake!

Thanks a lot!

Try the ASUS setting for NAT Loopback.

I only can see NAT Passthrough where everythng is enabled expect of Enable PPPoE Relay so it is disabled, but these are the same settings in 51 and it didn't work. :(

I think he meant in the FIREWALL settings

Have some problems disconnecting HDD on USB3 - > RT-68U.. Was working fine last 20 versions ?!?!

You need to re-enable the JFFS partition for Traffic Analyzer to work. JFFS is enabled by default now, so either you manually disabled it, or you didn't do the required factory default reset after upgrading to the first 378_xx build.
Traffic Analyzer will be of no use to you in AP mode anyway, it's intended for router mode.

Thanks Merlin,
Edit. All working after turning on JFFS on and rebooting

Last edited:
AC66U - do I need a hard reset after upgrading to .51 from .50?

Wireless log page is corrupted after update

View attachment 3409
Hey RMerlin, I found a bug again - the new wireless log page becomes corrupted if you have an apostrophie in your network name. There already was a bug like this, but on some other page, and you have fixed it.

Have an RT-N66U and have IPV6 configured using 6rd through AT&T. All works fine until Parental Controls are enabled. When enabled, IPV6 is still assigned to the router, the clients have an address, but none of the clients show up in the IPv6 LAN Devices List in the system log, and nothing gets passed to the internet. I'm guessing the problem is something with the IPTables that is changed when the Parental Controls time adjustments are made, but not sure where to look for the cure.

(RT-N66U, 378.51)

Ok guys, I am clueless regarding the Jffs partition. Is that a partition done directly into the RAM or it's save elsewhere?

Hoping it's not in RAM but physically on the unit's storage space or else a reboot or lost of power would mean all traffic analyser data would be lost.

thanks,

You need to re-enable the JFFS partition for Traffic Analyzer to work. JFFS is enabled by default now, so either you manually disabled it, or you didn't do the required factory default reset after upgrading to the first 378_xx build.

Traffic Analyzer will be of no use to you in AP mode anyway, it's intended for router mode.

I also have this problem after being asked to get a serial boot log of OpenWRT and going back to beta1.
Actually I went to 51_0 afterwards, then back to beta1, factory reset and re-configure and going to the page still takes out the web server.
The jffs partition was enabled all along.
Reformat jffs partition at next boot and reboot also doesn't fix it for me.