What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.51 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OMG... I restored my Setting from CFG file... Fine, just factory reset again and go setting manually...

Yeah I know, lot of ppl used to restore from the CFG file, is probably OK . But I like the hard way to make sure nothing old is left behind :)

Yeah I know, lot of ppl used to restore from the CFG file, is probably OK . But I like the hard way to make sure nothing old is left behind :)
Yah. I used to configured manually before. But I must disable many things like USB3.0, Enable Jumbo Frame... And It took me a lot of time... So this is the first time I use Restore function... But I think I should test for a day and re-do a factory reset later. Now I go to sleep ^^ Thanks so much again.

OMG... I restored my Setting from CFG file... Fine, just factory reset again and go setting manually...
Hi,

Any specific reason for not using the NVRAM Save/Restore Utility??? Saves a lot of time and provides a history of the settings if used regulary... :rolleyes:

When drivers are changed, the corresponding settings (defaults) are typically also changed - a factory reset is needed! :eek:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Last edited:
There's a bug with AiProtection - Web & Apps filters. Streaming and Entertainment: "Games" and "Internet Radio and TV" is always checked together automatically. I can't apply one without the other getting checked.

I factory reset 378.51 after upgrading from 378.50. I don't think this problem was in 378.50.

The Traffic Analyzer is buggy. It doesn't list all clients correctly when you select a date.

Edit: This strange I went back to FW 378.50 and Streaming and Entertainment still doesn't save properly.
My router is a AC68u. Did I somehow mess up the update? Could someone test that function out? Try to see if only Games alone can stay checked after applying.

Thanks RMerlin. How about:
Mar 12 19:42:31 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
and: Mar 12 20:05:43 kernel: net_ratelimit: 30 callbacks suppressed

There are countless posts about this particular issue already all over the forums, so I won't be repeating them again, sorry.

There are countless posts about this particular issue already all over the forums, so I won't be repeating them again, sorry.
Use 378.51_newtqn and still now no "kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address" appear...

RMerlin what you think to add green icon to show connected and not connected client to VPN ? Green icon about icon Radio WIFI... I think this is good option.

hi guys

i have the following problem : laptop using intelAC7260latest driver and a new TV samsung h6400 latest firmware

after clean install of latest merlin everything worked fine...all on auto on 5hz band but my laptop connection was around 351Mbps. So, i changed the channel one by one to see which one gave me the best speed . I settled on Channel: 100/80, but now my TV will not budge from Rx 6 and streaming is very very slow (5 seconds playback 10 sec buffering)

Name RSSI Rx / TxRate Flags
Samsung32H6400 -63 dBm 6/300 Mbps PSTAU
Thinkpad -75 dBm 260/585 Mbps STAU

looks like TV is alwasy in P mode? ....there are some jumps from 6 to 300 ...but only for 1 sec

i thinker a bit with the TV service menu and found the followings .... wifi region setting is E (i can change it but it goes from A-Z and then AA AB AC AD AE AF )
TV wifi adapter is Qualcomm AR6004

connecting the TV on 2,4 band works fine ...with no problems.

does anyone knows what wifi region E mean?
does anyone knows if AR6004 can only receive in the 36 40 44 channels ? using those channels works fine but my laptop does not connect to more than 351Mbps

hi guys

i have the following problem : laptop using intelAC7260latest driver and a new TV samsung h6400 latest firmware

after clean install of latest merlin everything worked fine...all on auto on 5hz band but my laptop connection was around 351Mbps. So, i changed the channel one by one to see which one gave me the best speed . I settled on Channel: 100/80, but now my TV will not budge from Rx 6 and streaming is very very slow (5 seconds playback 10 sec buffering)

Name RSSI Rx / TxRate Flags
Samsung32H6400 -63 dBm 6/300 Mbps PSTAU
Thinkpad -75 dBm 260/585 Mbps STAU

looks like TV is alwasy in P mode? ....there are some jumps from 6 to 300 ...but only for 1 sec

i thinker a bit with the TV service menu and found the followings .... wifi region setting is E (i can change it but it goes from A-Z and then AA AB AC AD AE AF )
TV wifi adapter is Qualcomm AR6004

connecting the TV on 2,4 band works fine ...with no problems.

does anyone knows what wifi region E mean?
does anyone knows if AR6004 can only receive in the 36 40 44 channels ? using those channels works fine but my laptop does not connect to more than 351Mbps

In Bucharest your region would be EU, so try setting it to that to match what your router is using. Channels above 44 require DFS support, which might not be implemented in your adapter - I don't know.

thanks for quick reply

ok, but why ac7260 only connects to 351Mbps when selecting channels 36 40 44? im the only 5hgz AP in the area

what RX/TX mean in that table? Rx is the receive speed of the router or client?
Can it be because the tv is N 5ghz and laptop is AC 5GHz?

In Bucharest your region would be EU, so try setting it to that to match what your router is using. Channels above 44 require DFS support, which might not be implemented in your adapter - I don't know.

RMerlin what you think to add green icon to show connected and not connected client to VPN ? Green icon about icon Radio WIFI... I think this is good option.

Stop asking the same question, please.

Hello i use asus rt-n66u router and latest 378.51 merlin build.I have big problem with ASUS EZ printer sharing.Printer sharing is working only with one pc.In second pc printer is not working.Need disconnect first pc from wifi.And printer is working in second pc.Maybe possible setup ASUS EZ printer sharing like real printer server.?My printer is samsung m2070.Please help

kiesa1231, please don't cross post the same question across sub forums.

Hello, using merlins latest 378.51 on my RT-N66U and have found great gains on the 5 GHz band BUT my 2.4 GHz band has taken a huge hit.
I cleared the nvram as I always do, and was coming from 378.50. Rebooted modem and router, and all settings were entered manually. I have made no changes to my settings (same as always) used primarily for basic wireless.
But cannot believe how bad the 2.4 GHz is now! Anyone else experiencing any dramatic performance drops on the 2.4 GHz band?

Thanks

Hello, using merlins latest 378.51 on my RT-N66U and have found great gains on the 5 GHz band BUT my 2.4 GHz band has taken a huge hit.
I cleared the nvram as I always do, and was coming from 378.50. Rebooted modem and router, and all settings were entered manually. I have made no changes to my settings (same as always) used primarily for basic wireless.
But cannot believe how bad the 2.4 GHz is now! Anyone else experiencing any dramatic performance drops on the 2.4 GHz band?

Thanks

Clearing the nvram is not the same as resetting to factory defaults. (I believe).

does it recover if you go back to .50 now? hard to say if something else if affecting whatever channel you're running your 2.4ghz. running the same channel # in both releases?
Have always used channel 1 because it has the least amount of traffic in my environment. But it seems to fluctuate?? I get good speeds results one min and then they drop right off? I'm going to give it another day or 2 to settle in before reverting back to .50

Thanks for your response