What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the Softpedia website!! Only way I could D/L the 378.55 firmware was through them. Now I have to submit my user and password for the router. Only thing is, I don't know remember my user name for the router. I never had to use it before! What BS!! Only because I can't access Merlin's latest firmware update, non-beta from Merlin's firmware page! WTF! Never had this issue before!!
I think you picked a virus or malware. The regular Softpedia download does not ask for any credentials (checked myself just now). Access to the router to load the firmware does, of course....

This firmware runs great on my 3 AUS-routers.

However, since version 378.54 there is something amiss about openvpn, possibly this has to do with the implementation of new openssl-code. This problem prevents my main router (rt-ac66u, directly connected to modem) to create a working NAT-tunnel to another router abroad (rt-n66u, directly connected to modem).

Problem description: While according to the VPN Status everything is fine, I can't reach the router abroad. There is nothing peculiar in the system log either. However when I check the OpenVPN Client statistics I see that the number of TCP/UDP read and write bytes is increasing, and the number of TUN/TAP read and write bytes stays zero. I can reproduce this problem anytime.

Let me describe my setup:
  • RT-ac66u runs an OpenVPN Server over UDP on instance #1,
  • and runs an OpenVPN Client over UDP on instance #1, that connects to RT-n66u.
  • RT-n66u runs an OpenVPN Server over UDP on instance #1.
  • I use the standard settings
I figured out that this problem only occurs when I start the OpenVPN server on rt-ac66u before the OpenVPN client, or after a reboot of the rt-ac66u while both the server and client are activated (apparently the server starts before the client).
I can get the NAT-tunnel working when I first turn off both the server and client, and after that start the client first and afterwards the server.

More things I noticed:
  • The problem won't occur, if the router abroad (rt-n66u) runs the 378.53 version.
  • When I compare the output of the route command in the working situation, to the not-working situation the only difference I noticed was a double interface entry in the non-working situation (marked bold). Could this be the culprit?
Kernel IP routing table (slightly modified to hide own IP)
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
ISP-gateway * 255.255.255.255 UH 0 0 0 eth0
10.16.0.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 tun22
10.8.0.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 tun21
10.8.0.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 tun11
46.127.218.0 * 255.255.254.0 U 0 0 0 eth0
10.0.0.0 * 255.255.254.0 U 0 0 0 br0
10.0.2.0 10.8.0.1 255.255.254.0 UG 0 0 0 tun21
127.0.0.0 * 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 lo
default ISP-gateway 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0

Been running Merlins 378.55 on a new AC87U since friday, and haven't had a single problem in that time. No 5Ghz dropouts, no hangs, nothing that I haven't caused myself... ;-)

Very impressed with this router so far.

Update 24 hours almost later
Normal to report. Reverting back to last stable build No issues at all. Go figure. All Wifi 2.4 connected, Media Bridge perfect and PC booted up to its reservation IP. Life is good. Yup 55_0 has an issue at least in my setup with DHCP

Same problem here. 2 Routers (AC87U Router, AC68U Repeater) - sometimes i can't get any IP Adress for the LAN Clients which are connected to the Repeater. The only fix that was working was to reboot both routers (it wasn't enough to reboot just the Repeater). I'm trying to go back to the last Version as well. Thanks R1-Limited

HDD recognizing problem on Merlin 378.55 !

Hi guys, 1st I'd like to thank to Merlin for writing the best firmwares for RT-AC68U & other ASUS routers.
The device simply shines.

but... I do have a problem with the latest 378.55 FW

I'm using a usb 3.0 1TB Verbatim ext.HDD for Download Master (which is running perfectly after 3.1.0.95 version) and it has been 7 months without any problems.

After the launch of 378.55 & the usual update process, I've seen that my HDD is NOT recognized by the RT-AC68U !

I said, Ok... not a big issue & tried all of the processes below.

- Formatted the Verbatim USB 3.0 , 1TB ext. HDD NTFS via it's HDD formatter program. (have done this everytime before the Merlin FW Updates and reload Download Master 3.1.0.95 which is the latest version available)

- Factory reset the RT-AC68U.

- Manually entered my settings.

- Every thing looks fine except the HDD !

I've waited 4-5mins (which was enough to mount the HDD in the previous Merlin FWs) The USB 3.0 LED is On but the HDD is not recognized ?!?

Nope.. there simply wasn't my HDD !

This is a weird problem, as the previous versions of Merlin FWs always recognized the HDD with in seconds after a reboot, power-cut etc.

I've checked the HDD with 2 different computers & it is running fine !
The HDD is NOT faulty.

Finally when I manually detach & attach the HDD on RT-AC68U it recognized the HDD as usual.

Then I tried a reboot again... and as u can guess the HDD was NOT recognized !
The funny thing is the USB 3.0 LED was always on while I detach & attach the HDD (from the HDD side, not on the router ports. The usb 3.0 HDD cable stays attached on the router.)

Finally, the manually detach-attach procedure worked and the HDD recognized & mounted again... Download Master was on and reacheable from the web and phone... until a new reboot/power-cut situation occurs..!

There is definitely something wrong with the recognizing & mounting process of the HDD after a reboot/power-cut. u can see it in the system logs too... Help !

Attachments

• RT-AC68U Log.txt
    31.1 KB · Views: 688
I read that before upgrading.

The issue, if you read my report, is that 378_55 minidlna works right after reboot, plays a movie. Next day, minidlna server is down and I have to killall and re trigger the minidlna via terminal (on top of this issue, browsing the router page, on/off buttons don't work under iOS 8.4)

I guess you missed some changes then, what they do exactly I dont know but minidlna have been changed/fixed.

378.55-beta1
CHANGED: Updated minidlna to upstream Git snapshot from 2015-06-26,
and switched to the newer build system.

FIXED: minidlna could get stuck building its database (reverted
Asus's recent memory optimizations)
reas rural

Updated to version 378.55.
Now I can't paste my long password into this new login form. Which javascript do I have to block, in order to be able to paste it?

Do I really have to choose a short password? Improved security feature?
Has anybody a solution to this?

Big Thanks!

--
Edit:
Figured out Keepass Auto-type feature. It works. http://keepass.info/help/base/autotype.html
Still. I don't understand why paste directly into the password field is not possible.

Last edited:
Same problem here. 2 Routers (AC87U Router, AC68U Repeater) - sometimes i can't get any IP Adress for the LAN Clients which are connected to the Repeater. The only fix that was working was to reboot both routers (it wasn't enough to reboot just the Repeater). I'm trying to go back to the last Version as well. Thanks R1-Limited

OK Update now back on 378.54_2

- No more packet loss between the two routers (on 378.55 about 2-5%)
- No more DHCP Issues (wired clients on Bridge Router only)
- No more problems with my DLNA Client to lose the connection after about 30 min to the Synology NAS and only get back after a reboot of both routers or after waiting about 10 minutes (DLNA Client is also wired to the bridge)

Updated to version 378.55.
Now I can't paste my long password into this new login form. Which javascript do I have to block, in order to be able to paste it?

Do I really have to choose a short password? Improved security feature?
Has anybody a solution to this?

Big Thanks!

--
Edit:
Figured out Keepass Auto-type feature. It works. http://keepass.info/help/base/autotype.html
Still. I don't understand why paste directly into the password field is not possible.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/bu...rd-on-login-page-in-378-55.26058/#post-194272

I have been using this release (378.55) for a while, I got some issues with wifi on 2.4ghz, the connection seems fine but I noticed randomly a lot of delays surfing on web sometimes not reaching webpages or even the GUI, mostly happens on my new MacBook. Now i'm trying the 5Ghz and it seems going better, i'm just trying to understand if the issue is related to the wifi connection settings or the driver itself.
With the previous release i didn't have any issue at all, both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz were going fine, seems these one is not 100% stable as I can read from other users too.

Is the Rx / Tx Rate opposite of what is indicated on the Wireless Log page? For example, I am showing 260 / 702 Mbps on the Wireless Log page, which I would assume from the chart heading means a Rx Rate of 260 Mbps and a Tx Rate of 702 Mbps. For the same device on the Network Map Interface page, I am showing a 260 Mbps Tx Rate and a 702 Mbps Rx Rate. From what I understand, Rx rate is usually higher than the Tx rate. Maybe the Wireless Log heading should say Tx / Rx Rate. The Asus firmware is the same way. No big deal. It has always been this way, but it has always confused me. BTW the 378.55 firmware is running well on my RT-AC87R. Thanks.

I have been using this release (378.55) for a while, I got some issues with wifi on 2.4ghz, the connection seems fine but I noticed randomly a lot of delays surfing on web sometimes not reaching webpages or even the GUI, mostly happens on my new MacBook. Now i'm trying the 5Ghz and it seems going better, i'm just trying to understand if the issue is related to the wifi connection settings or the driver itself.
With the previous release i didn't have any issue at all, both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz were going fine, seems these one is not 100% stable as I can read from other users too.
I have the same experience with my AC68U when using Android mobile (XPERIA M2). I never had these issues before, till updated to 378.55 (which is very nice by the way - thank you Merlin).

I have the same experience with my AC68U when using Android mobile (XPERIA M2). I never had these issues before, till updated to 378.55 (which is very nice by the way - thank you Merlin).

I forgot to mention I got the AC68U too, now i'm trying different settings on the router to find out which one is involved to this issue maybe i need some fine tuning, I also keep an eye on the log page to see if something is wrong.

I got delays also with my LG G3 on 2.4ghz something is wrong with this network, do I have to do a factory default on the router? need some advices..

AC68U here also, exactly same problem. Happens on both on 2.4GHzand 5 GHz, it only happened once on 5 GHz with my iPhone 5S.

I've "forgot" and rejoined wifi on my devices, this still happens.

Next step is to do factory reset and re-enter all the settings, worth doing? I upgraded from 378.51 if that makes any difference. Everything else is working well, my guess is that Asus messed up the AC68U wireless driver?

I don`t think so as I have 0 issues so far on RT-AC68U or RT-N66U, both running latest 378.55.

AC68U here also, exactly same problem. Happens on both on 2.4GHzand 5 GHz, it only happened once on 5 GHz with my iPhone 5S.

I've "forgot" and rejoined wifi on my devices, this still happens.

Next step is to do factory reset and re-enter all the settings, worth doing? I upgraded from 378.51 if that makes any difference. Everything else is working well, my guess is that Asus messed up the AC68U wireless driver?

In general seems 5ghz goes better but i still have some delays while surfing web with that too, i don't know if it is the wifi driver or some other process in the router, ill'try a factory default, its a bit annoying because i have to reinstall entware and transmission too :\

I don`t think so as I have 0 issues so far on RT-AC68U or RT-N66U, both running latest 378.55.

Lucky you, did you do a factory default after upgrade? if you don't have problems doesn't mean that there are no issues, depends also how many devices you are connecting and how much the router is exploited...

Status
Not open for further replies.