What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the new firmware. Good job all around. I did want to note that I was having issues with my connections (secure and regular) timing out as well as DNS not always resolving. The fix appeared to be disabling NAT acceleration in my RT-N66U.

Amendment: The problem occasionally shows back up. I wonder if it's a hardware problem, since I've had to replace another piece of network equipment?

Last edited:
Are there any known issues with the Second OpenVPN Server using this firmware? Here's my config that has worked before:

OpenVPN Server1 = Works on any port # (used for Split tunneling)
OpenVPN Server2 = Identical config to Server1 except for the Port #. Does not work no matter what port I try (always has on previous firmware versions) and is used to route all traffic through the tunnel.

Thanks in advance for your help
Stach

I have the same problem, although I am on _54 - so the issue seems to have been around for a while?

Are there some kind of function in these routers to have it reboot on schedual? If so - how can I do this?

Changing channel in 5 GHz does not seams to work. (AC66U).

5 GHz: The channel always reverts to "auto" after Apply.

I have two devices (one in router-mode and one in ap-mode) and I see this on both. In earlier fw I have had no problem changing channel to separate my two devices.

EDIT: I can set ch 36. But all other channels revert to "auto".

Last edited:
Are there any known issues with the Second OpenVPN Server using this firmware? Here's my config that has worked before:

OpenVPN Server1 = Works on any port # (used for Split tunneling)
OpenVPN Server2 = Identical config to Server1 except for the Port #. Does not work no matter what port I try (always has on previous firmware versions) and is used to route all traffic through the tunnel.

Thanks in advance for your help
Stach
I have *always* run two client and two server openvpns all the time. No issues here. check /tmp/syslog.log for errors?

Hello Folks,

not sure if this is the right way to publish my issue. But here we go:

I updatet my ASUS RT-87 to Merlin 378.55 like two weeks ago. It´s my first attempt to use Merlin - so I´m kinda nooby here. Nevertheless, I´m experiencing a completely frozen RT-87U sometimes. First of all I saw (and felt) that the RT is getting now much hotter than before (stock firmware). Is there some kind of overclocking going on in Merlin by default?
To overcome the issue with the frozen router I setup a CRON job rebooting it every night at 4am. The reboot works, but still the router freezes spontaneous after ~12 hours of operation. Not every day but like every 2nd or 3rd day.

Is this a known issue?
I have noticed the same several times (nothing written in the logfile). I reverted back to previous stable version and have no issues since....

I have noticed the same several times (nothing written in the logfile). I reverted back to previous stable version and have no issues since....
Me, too. Runs increasingly slower then dies.

I'm thinking of trying out the Asus beta but it says "Japan Only". How come no versions for EU/US?

I'm thinking of trying out the Asus beta but it says "Japan Only". How come no versions for EU/US?
it's not just for japan.Just certain fixes are for japan only,but it's for global too
I'm running it now without issue(***knock on wood)

Changing channel in 5 GHz does not seams to work. (AC66U).

5 GHz: The channel always reverts to "auto" after Apply.

I have two devices (one in router-mode and one in ap-mode) and I see this on both. In earlier fw I have had no problem changing channel to separate my two devices.

EDIT: I can set ch 36. But all other channels revert to "auto".
I tested setting my 5 GHz channel to 165, 161 and 157. They all worked, and a WiFi scan showed that the channel was indeed correct. AC68U.

Maybe this is isolated to AC66U. Anyone with AC66U?

I have the exact same issue with my RT-AC66U running access point mode. I already reported it earlier in this thread.
Channel stuck on 36, when I try to apply my new settings, everything is set back to auto again.
Tried factory reset, cleared nvram and stuff: doesn't help. Reverting to 54 does.
I'll just wait for the new version ^^

When I look at my network connection details in Windows 10, if "obtain DNS server address automatically" is selected, the IPv4 DNS server shown is 192.168.1.1 and the IPv6 DNS servers shown are my ISP's. I have them both set manually to Google DNS servers in my router's settings. Shouldn't both the IPv4 and IPv6 servers shown in Windows be the Google servers? Since the router is listed as the IPv4 DNS server, will it use the Google DNS server?

Last edited:
So merlin, now that the GPL for 7554 and 7838 has been released, does either of those look stable enough for merging? I'm still running 378.54 and have been wondering how 7554 and 7838 looked so far. Thinking about running 7838 official until 378.56 comes out.

I also happened to notice that all previous 4xxx binaries for the RT-AC3200 have just been pulled (6091 beta and its GPL were pulled some weeks ago, around the same time 6117 was pulled from the AC87, and 6152/6975 pulled from AC68)

So merlin, now that the GPL for 7554 and 7838 has been released, does either of those look stable enough for merging?...
This question is not about Merlin ...55 version firmware. This is a thread about the Merlin ...55 firmware release.

Why not start a new thread about your topic, so that we can keep this ...55 topic thread easy and quick to read for people interested in version ...55.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!