What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56 Beta 1 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be something I misunderstood on how arrays are defined in C then. Shouldn't be a problem to play it safe and update the array content.
I'm sure you are right (you definitely are above me here).....maybe it's a compiler quirk rearing it's ugly head.

I had the exact same problem this morning on my RT-AC87R after I upgraded the firmware. Turns out I had to change the DNS servers under Advanced Settings WAN/Internet Connection/WAN DNS Setting. Once I did that ntp picked up from pool.ntp.org

Not sure why this would trigger it but it worked for me.

Here no succes. I tried the Google DNS and the DNS provided by my ISP but no time sync.

Edit: Did another change of the DNS servers (from ISP provided to xiala) and voila timesync. strange

Last edited:
I'm sure you are right (you definitely are above me here).....maybe it's a compiler quirk rearing it's ugly head.

Don't bet your paycheck on my knowledge of C - it's a lot of Google-fu :)

What are you trying to block exactly? By default the firewall will reject any inbound connection unless you specifically opened the port through a Virtual Server or UPNP.

i have udpxy open on port 5225, so If I decide that someone removed access to udpxy need blocking its IP range...

Here no succes. I tried the Google DNS and the DNS provided by my ISP but no time sync.

Edit: Did another change of the DNS servers (from ISP provided to xiala) and voila timesync. strange
Same here: Had to change DNS to ISP to get it working and then back to google's DNS.

I had the exact same problem this morning on my RT-AC87R after I upgraded the firmware. Turns out I had to change the DNS servers under Advanced Settings WAN/Internet Connection/WAN DNS Setting. Once I did that ntp picked up from pool.ntp.org

Not sure why this would trigger it but it worked for me.
I had the same issue and that worked for me, thanks! :)

But since 9177, I'm getting less an hour and I get this message:
" * Reminder: The System time zone is different from your locale setting."

This issue is presented in the official firmware, but someone else have this bug?

Oct 13 03:39:54 kernel: [truncated] pch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch
Oct 13 05:18:44 kernel: [truncated] L/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/np

What is causing this npch trunciation?

Oct 13 03:39:54 kernel: [truncated] pch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch
Oct 13 05:18:44 kernel: [truncated] L/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/np

I'm using the 378.56.b1 rt-ac68u fw. Seems to be occuring hourly.

Last edited:
One minor change for US DST (right after Time Zone). The ending day/time this year is November 1 at 2AM. Mine was originally set to October 8. I noticed that my time was off by one hour. Changed it to the November (1st Sunday) setting and all is well.

Another ntp issue here?

Code:
Aug  1 02:01:43 dnscrypt-proxy[467]: No useable certificates found
Aug  1 02:01:43 dnscrypt-proxy[469]: Refetching server certificates
Aug  1 02:01:43 dnscrypt-proxy[469]: Server certificate #808464433 received
Aug  1 02:01:43 dnscrypt-proxy[469]: This certificate has not been activated yet
Aug  1 02:01:43 dnscrypt-proxy[469]: No useable certificates found

Notice the date.

This is the relevant part of my /jffs/scripts/wan-start script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

logger -t $(basename $0) "started [$@]"

# Now resolve DNS name for NTP server
ntp_name=$(nvram get ntp_server0)
grep "$ntp_name" /jffs/configs/hosts.add > /dev/null 2>&1 || \
for ip in $(/jffs/bin/hostip $ntp_name)
do
  echo $ip $ntp_name >>  /jffs/configs/hosts.add
done

# restart NTP client to eliminate 4-5 mins delay
killall ntp && sleep 1
service restart_dnsmasq
service restart_ntpc

And this is the resulting /jffs/configs/hosts.add:

Code:
91.207.136.55 pool.ntp.org
194.190.168.1 pool.ntp.org
188.134.15.192 pool.ntp.org
85.21.78.8 pool.ntp.org

This worked fine on my RT-AC66U with 378.55.

After I manually set the date to today the dnscrypt-proxy does start (until the next router reboot).

RT-AC66U:

Updated to .56 beta and a few hours later noticed that my 1T Toshiba USB drive was not mounted. The main screen shows the drive, I can feel the drive spinning, but it will not mount. Tried rebooting router, changing to the other USB port, checking the drive for errors - no joy.

Downgraded to .55 with the [unmounted] drive attached and the router came back up with the drive mounted and shared perfectly.

What are you trying to block exactly? By default the firewall will reject any inbound connection unless you specifically opened the port through a Virtual Server or UPNP.
specific ip range/class eg. from china. From this adreses my roouter is flooding/scanning when i open vpn server.

I update to 56 beta 1 and i see one bug. In firmware 9177 name of devices add to DHCP has the same name on Network Map and on LAN>DHCP Server (static IP). In firmware RMerlin 56 beta 1 on network map and DHCP has diffrent name. It is no good.

Better solution to edit devices is in STOCK FIRMWARE 9177. Maybe you can restore this solution also to your firmware ? And also implement this solution to edit forwared port, port trigger and also to edit user and pass on account for VPN.

Last edited:
i have udpxy open on port 5225, so If I decide that someone removed access to udpxy need blocking its IP range...

I don't think the service filter works with connections terminated on the router itself, only those forwarded to the LAN. You will have to use a firewall-start script for that.

I suspect it's inside a closed source module, because I can't find this error message in the kernel or any of the open sourced code.

I update to 56 beta 1 and i see one bug. In firmware 9177 name of devices add to DHCP has the same name on Network Map and on LAN>DHCP Server (static IP). In firmware RMerlin 56 beta 1 on network map and DHCP has diffrent name. It is no good.

Better solution to edit devices is in STOCK FIRMWARE 9177. Maybe you can restore this solution also to your firmware ? And also implement this solution to edit forwared port, port trigger and also to edit user and pass on account for VPN.

The Networkmap shows a description, while the DHCP page shows a device hostname. That's normal, and the intended behaviour.

The stock firmware totally lacks the ability to enter a device hostname.

One minor change for US DST (right after Time Zone). The ending day/time this year is November 1 at 2AM. Mine was originally set to October 8. I noticed that my time was off by one hour. Changed it to the November (1st Sunday) setting and all is well.

That's an old bug that was never, and most likely never will be fixed. Asuswrt is based on an age-old version of uclibc, which predates the newer DST start/end dates.

RT-AC66U:

Updated to .56 beta and a few hours later noticed that my 1T Toshiba USB drive was not mounted. The main screen shows the drive, I can feel the drive spinning, but it will not mount. Tried rebooting router, changing to the other USB port, checking the drive for errors - no joy.

Downgraded to .55 with the [unmounted] drive attached and the router came back up with the drive mounted and shared perfectly.

Can't reproduce. Check the System Log for any message related to the USB sub-system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!