What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.58 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Strange, don't see any pop-ups but they appear on all other icons
Better to change this 'App' word to something similar to other icons, for examble a smartphone icon
I said the exact same thing :p

But that's up to Asus to do.

Anyway, I noticed that the popup works in Safari for example, but not in my FireFox.

Didn't really look into it too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noticed a problem when using Safari on the Mac. If I try and change the Adaptive QOS settings like change priority mode. It will not save it. Have to use chrome to change these settings.

is anyone having issues not being able to login the router after alot of activity, I have 20 devices on my network and after awhile if I want to login to tweak the settings, it won't let me it just times out. I have to power cycle the router to get admin access again. I think it has something to do with the web usage or app history filling up some buffer, the router does a reset (I know cuz my samsung printer wakes up) but then it's hung trying to login. Wired and wireless clients continue to function though.

darrinmc, this happens to me all the time. I don't think it is related to 380.57 or 380.58. For me anyway the issue appears to be with attached drives that require just little more power then what the router can provide (current working theory) then it goes into some panic state and login doesn't work either does access to the internet, however wireless and wired remains intact. I have not found a solution, but I would be curious to know if you have any attached usb harddrives to your device. This happens with both the n66u and ac87u for me. Anyway, likely a candidate for a separate topic, as I would be curious to chase this one down.

is anyone having issues not being able to login the router after alot of activity, I have 20 devices on my network and after awhile if I want to login to tweak the settings, it won't let me it just times out. I have to power cycle the router to get admin access again. I think it has something to do with the web usage or app history filling up some buffer, the router does a reset (I know cuz my samsung printer wakes up) but then it's hung trying to login. Wired and wireless clients continue to function though.
I have about 74 devices but no issues like that, but have no attached drives.

RT-N66U. Downloaded 380.58 from Mediafire from the RT_N66U directory. Attempted to load the firmware and I received the following error "Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again" part way through and the upgrade failed. I downloaded and extracted twice just to be sure.

Had the same exact issue with RT-AC66U 380.58 from Mediafire.

Yes it showed when I did the upgrade from 380.57, but once I did reset to factory default, VLAN ID is no longer there... RT-AC56U

5bvkDkQ.png

RT-AC68U, confirmed.

VNvH7Na.png

The DSL variants aren't supported by Merlin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really? That's so strange as I'm following a tutorial on how to setup this router to allow is to handshake with Sky, as just using the login details won't work. Here is the guide:

http://andyduffell.com/techblog/?p=1441

Is he using a different firmware, as the link in the blog post is dead so I had to search for the Merlin Firmware.

I think there might be something up with the router, as I can't even load official firmware!

Really? That's so strange as I'm following a tutorial on how to setup this router to allow is to handshake with Sky, as just using the login details won't work. Here is the guide:

Is he using a different firmware, as the link in the blog post is dead so I had to search for the Merlin Firmware.

I think there might be something up with the router, as I can't even load official firmware!

Your router is a router/modem (DSL, not RT). You can only load specific firmware.

Hi everybody!

Update flawlessly from 380.57. RT-N66U. Great Job.

P.D. Running: UDPXY for IPTV MovistarTV, XUPNP for watching by DLNA, Entware, Debian, Bird4 for auto build route table for services like VOIP and IPTV, FTP and SMB Server, OpenVPN Server.

Last edited:

According to the readme, supported devices are:
* RT-N66U
* RT-AC66U
* RT-AC56U
* RT-AC68U
* RT-AC68P
* RT-AC87U
* RT-AC3200
* RT-AC88U
* RT-AC3100
* RT-AC5300U

That article you refer to is quite old and the requirements look pretty basic, they may already be in the standard firmwares. (and he's using the RT-N66U which is supported). DSL-AC68U right? Try the 3.0.0.4.378_9296 here which is the latest, good chance what you need is already there.

Updated both 36 hours ago. No issues. I did notice that the AP has begun identifying clients by name on the network map. I think that is new.

Thanks for all the hard work, Merlin!

Hi,

Updated RT-AC68U to 380.58 recently and still having issue where after approx 15minutes lost possibility to telnet/ssh (can't fork) and sometimes cannot login to web interface
reboot solves issue for next 15 minutes
when above happens i can use internet (unless there is no request for DHCP - due to failed to write /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases: No space left on device (retry in 60s) or dnsmasq[432]: failed to allocate 1028 bytes)

df -h shows tmpfs growing up to approx 84% and when is less than 20MB left issue appear - first is "can't fork" in telnet.
ls -lh /tmp doesn't show any enormous file (the largest is 20kB syslog.log)
i assume tmpfs is for caching purpose and should be free "on demand" so shouldn't cause RAM overload. am I right ? however this is my suspect.
JFFS is enabled that you can see on snapshot below.

of the shelf asus firmware works good and doesn't have above issue. I'd like to use MErlin's advantages ... :)

Attachments

• 3-22-2016 9-48-18 PM.jpg
    3-22-2016 9-48-18 PM.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 647
Thanks Eric!
Dirty flashed from 56_2 directly to 380.58 and so far everything is rock solid on RT-AC68P. I don't seem to have the issues I had with 57 or with 58 alpha 1.

I haven't turned on any of the more advanced aiprotection features yet, i haven't had a lot of luck with stability and these features.

darrinmc, this happens to me all the time. I don't think it is related to 380.57 or 380.58. For me anyway the issue appears to be with attached drives that require just little more power then what the router can provide (current working theory) then it goes into some panic state and login doesn't work either does access to the internet, however wireless and wired remains intact. I have not found a solution, but I would be curious to know if you have any attached usb harddrives to your device. This happens with both the n66u and ac87u for me. Anyway, likely a candidate for a separate topic, as I would be curious to chase this one down.

No I didn't have any attached drives, I downgraded to 378.56_2 as it was supposed to be stable with the AC68U but I am having the same issues and I have the same messages in my log as mordorr posted above. The only firmware I haven't tried yet is actual Asus firmware. ;)

Since there was no way to turn off web traffic in 378.56 I did try to put a USB thumb drive and went to tools to save history there instead of RAM, but no change in behavior.

Yes it showed when I did the upgrade from 380.57, but once I did reset to factory default, VLAN ID is no longer there... RT-AC56U

5bvkDkQ.png

What happens if you enter VLAN IDs in these two fields?