What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.59 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I also just noticed this:

I have never tinkered with these settings and I have no intention to, as I want to make sure that I follow the appropriate (EU) laws. However, the set currently seems inconsistent to me. Should the "wl_country_code" not also be "EU" instead of "US"? If so, (how) can I (safely) change that?

Also weird: OS X El Capitan's Wireless Diagnostics lists the country as FR while I don't live in France.

wl_country_code isn't used by the firmware. It's a temporary value that is usually generated by the webui, and then it gets copied to wl_0 and wl_1 instances for the two radios as settings are applied.

wl_country_code isn't used by the firmware. It's a temporary value that is usually generated by the webui, and then it gets copied to wl_0 and wl_1 instances for the two radios as settings are applied.
Thank you for the explanation. This means I can safely ignore it, right?

RMerlin: Kind of "quick" question. I gave up on my AC87 a while ago (before .56 I think) since I thought the router unstable. Would you say .59 is good enough to give it a new try?

RMerlin: Kind of "quick" question. I gave up on my AC87 a while ago (before .56 I think) since I thought the router unstable. Would you say .59 is good enough to give it a new try?

From the posts I've seen? No.

But the 380.60 beta 1 version is worth testing. :)

I see. Maybe I should wait for the stable .60 even?

Up to you. :)

But if you have a use for the RT-AC87U, or even a curiosity of it's fit for purpose, the beta seems to be working pretty well for quite a few already.

Hello.
I just updated to this firmware on my RT-AC68U. i was stuck by last december's version.
seems all good but i'm encountering an issue on cable : it just randoms disconnects it seems, like i can see the lan indicator on router going off or a few seconds and then back on .. meanwhile on my pc it shows no connection.
what is that and why is it happening? i tried a different lan port and it is the same, i didn't have this issue on the previous december's firmware.
of course i followed all the procedure resetting to default etc
thanks so much for your help in advance

Hello.
I just updated to this firmware on my RT-AC68U. i was stuck by last december's version.
seems all good but i'm encountering an issue on cable : it just randoms disconnects it seems, like i can see the lan indicator on router going off or a few seconds and then back on .. meanwhile on my pc it shows no connection.
what is that and why is it happening? i tried a different lan port and it is the same, i didn't have this issue on the previous december's firmware.
of course i followed all the procedure resetting to default etc
thanks so much for your help in advance

Sounds like either a cable or an Ethernet port problem. Replace the cable.

Sounds familiair, I had in the past an 16port switch from NetGear it connects and disconnects my Mac within minutes, and only one port, but life time warranty!

thank yoi, it seemed a cable thing, i tried a new cable and it's going ok, also i reflashed the firmware with this new cable just in case i had done it wrong with the broken cable. so weird, it's in perfect condition from outside.
Also, I noticed something and i don't know if it's ralated to the firwmare, when i'm downloading torrents and stuff i saw that my router cpu goes up to 95-96 degrees, isn't it too much=? the cpu load isfine, just around 20-30%, it's these degrees that scare me
thank you!

ps. my room temperature is about 35 degrees ( celsius)

Last edited:
Also, I noticed something and i don't know if it's ralated to the firwmare, when i'm downloading torrents and stuff i saw that my router cpu goes up to 95-96 degrees, isn't it too much=? the cpu load isfine, just around 20-30%, it's these degrees that scare me
thank you!

That's indeed a bit high, the RT-AC68U should usually be around 80-85C.

What can I do ? Now it's around 87, it gets to those temperatures when I use torrent

Some people are using a laptop cooling pad to help reduce their temperatures.

If you use a USB flash drive, I recommend using a short USB extension cable rather than plugging the flash drive directly into the port, so it will thermally isolate the USB drive from the router.

Some people are using a laptop cooling pad to help reduce their temperatures.

If you use a USB flash drive, I recommend using a short USB extension cable rather than plugging the flash drive directly into the port, so it will thermally isolate the USB drive from the router.

Thank you !!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

when i'm downloading torrents and stuff i saw that my router cpu goes up to 95-96 degrees, isn't it too much=? the cpu load isfine, just around 20-30%, it's these degrees that scare me
thank you!

35c ? where do u live?
that sounds unbearable and would be hard on electronics , routers and humans

Have a bug to report: Installed 380.59 from 380.57. Had an issue with the throughput of my Raspberry Pi 1 OSMC on wireless (wired worked fine). The wireless adapter I have is: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8188CUS 802.11n WLAN Adapter. The issue was resolved once I reverted the firmware on the router to 380.57. Have not tested 380.58. All my other wireless devices "worked" fine with 380.59 I just noticed an issue with the Pi. That being said I don't really stream media from my NAS to any other device besides the Pi. Router I have is: RT-AC56U

Just one last piece of info, in case it helps you deciding in favor or against your current gut feeling about the culprit :)
I checked with dev tools what happens with the page code itself when it crashes, and I noticed that it all starts with a few icons trying to load:
jquery.js:5 GET https://192.168.2.1:8443/ajax_uploadicon.asp?clientmac=001DEC05B5F1&_=1463429248986 send @ jquery.js:5x.extend.ajax @ jquery.js:5getUploadIcon @ client_function.js:776showdhcp_staticlist @ Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:259(anonymous function) @ VM1484:1

After 3 of these I get connection refused, which most likely means httpd restarted.
I don't know if the error above happens to cause the restart, or it appears due to the restart.
However I can see no icon for my 5 static devices.

Hi there,

I am having trouble with http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_ACL_Content.asp

Trying to load this page is causing a temporary "connection refused" message in the browser. I am effectively unable to edit the Mac filter list, I cannot add or remove any clients.

If I look at network activity I see tons of jquery requests. See screenshot.

And solution to this ?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2016-07-03 00:01:04.png
    Screenshot from 2016-07-03 00:01:04.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 557

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!