What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction!

To be able to generate certificates by the RT-AC86U itself, however for some reason it does not install automatically "or with an installation error" after validation!

Guys I decided to Let's Encrypt as follows:

1st Factory reset and added a ddns from asus.comm.com I released ports 80 and 8443 and enabled the WAN! Check the log if you were able to authenticate the DDNS and register the name in the ssl generating the certificate he claims to have installed but it doesn't work for me yet.

2nd Access via SSH and get the generated ones in /jffs/.le/! There will be a folder with your domain name, I got fullchain.pem and fullchain.key only!

3rd Now with fullchain.pem and fullchain.key. Go to DDNS and import the certificates manually regardless of what will work!

I hope I have helped the community!

Regards,

What do you mean by vpnmanager? I use a vpn, yes. But not nordvpn. VPN should have nothing to do with it, as it still works fine.
And the speed is the same as on older merlinwrt firmwares. I can use my whole 1000/1000mbit bandwith, so hardware acceleration is still there. Seems just like something in the gui which is not correct.

I would like a service to select the best nordvpn server!

Introduction!

To be able to generate certificates by the RT-AC86U itself, however for some reason it does not install automatically "or with an installation error" after validation!

1st Factory reset and added a ddns from asus.comm.com I released ports 80 and 8443 and enabled the WAN! Check the log if you were able to authenticate the DDNS and register the name in the ssl generating the certificate he claims to have installed but it doesn't work for me yet.

2nd Access via SSH and get the generated ones in /jffs/.le/! There will be a folder with your domain name, I got fullchain.pem and fullchain.key only!

3rd Now with fullchain.pem and fullchain.key. Go to DDNS and import the certificates manually regardless of what will work!

Regards,

fullchain.key == you_name_dominio.key

Introduction!

Regards,

Thanks for the provided workaround :) it works flawless

Thanks for the provided workaround :) it works flawless

Glad you got it, I will create a small script to fix it in the future if it is not fixed in fw.

I would like a service to select the best nordvpn server!

found this connection manager i'm testing more looks good with the beta

I still seem to be having problems with Adaptive QoS on my RT-AC1900 (RT-AC68U) with Beta 2. If I enable the Adaptive QoS, sites stop loading reliably for both wired and wireless clients and I can barely complete a speed test. If I do manage to complete a speed test, the speeds are terrible. I have a 300/25 connection but I will get maybe 10mbps on a speed test if it can even complete it.

This is not an issue on the ASUS public AiMesh 2.0 beta firmware; it is strictly a problem when I am using the Merlin firmware for some reason. On the public ASUS AiMesh 2.0 Beta firmware I get my full speeds and no page load issues. I still have the issue with the Merlin firmware after doing a clean flash to both my routers and setting up AiMesh and everything else exactly the same as it is in the public AiMesh beta firmware. In the previous Merlin firmware (the one without AiMesh v2), adaptive QoS works fine.

How are you 'doing a clean flash'?

Are you reversing the Up and Down speeds by any chance when entering them in Adaptive QoS? Does reversing them make a difference?

How are you 'doing a clean flash'?

Are you reversing the Up and Down speeds by any chance when entering them in Adaptive QoS? Does reversing them make a difference?

I'm clearing the NVram by holding the WPS button till the power led rapidly flashes, flashing, doing the NVram reset again, and factory resetting after just for good measure. It also happens if I just dirty flash.

I am making sure I am putting Up and Down in the right spots. I haven't tried reversing them yet - but seeing as I can't even get close to the upload speed on a download speed test I'm not sure that would matter.

You should be flashing the firmware you want first, then fully resetting.

Until you test by doing it, we don't know if it matters or not, either.

The above link is expected to be used with the suggestions below.

New M&M 2020

And, if it is still having issues, the following link may help determine if it is a hardware issue or not.

Fully Reset Router and Network

Installed 386.1 Beta on my AX86U.

Everything seems fine so far - I'm very happy - only one thing is odd - the CPU Statistics are crazy - spiking around the whole time in "idle" - BUT with HTOP there are no services or things with high CPU usage - so it seems to me it's just a visual bug ?!

View attachment 28280View attachment 28281

Do you have a USB stick plugged in with UIDivStats script installed? If so, SSH into the router, go to UidivStats and turn cached mode on. The issue is a slow USB stick if it is this.

I noticed this error when activating the guest network!

Captura de tela de 2020-12-23 00-51-16.png

I also noticed this other error but when restarting disappeared!
would it be some mesh error implanted in the beta?

Captura de tela de 2020-12-23 01-00-39.png

Captura de tela de 2020-12-23 01-00-18.png

Can I confirm ! These two errors are related after activating the guest network, the mesh goes crazy!

after disabling the guest network and restarting the router everything goes back to normal

What about enabling the Guest network and then rebooting and waiting for a few minutes for it to configure itself?

Whenever I turn on service state in the Openvpn client settings it disconnects me from internet. Can anybody please tell me why or is it just a bug I'm dealing with? By the way I have an RT-AX88U. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201222-203957_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20201222-203957_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 179
Whenever I turn on service state in the Openvpn client settings it disconnects me from internet. Can anybody please tell me why or is it just a bug I'm dealing with? By the way I have an RT-AX88U. Thanks!
You should check the router System Log for the error (assuming it is a configuration related). Also setting to VPN Client setting "Log verbosity" to, say, "4" will give you more information in the system log.

Separately, I found devices using the Guest WiFi would not work with the VPN client. It may be related to the change (from the change log):
- CHANGED: OpenVPN clients will now NAT all outbound traffic,
regardless of the source subnet.

It could be the returned packets are not correctly routed back through the NAT. But I am guessing and waiting for someone to properly analyze the problem.

Last edited:
That its i known issue, use : turn wan off/on that should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!