What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta (stage 2) is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@L&LD
What HW revision are you using on your AC68U or AC66U-B1?
Still problems?

I don't have these routers myself anymore. Customers don't have any issues with them though on 386.1 Beta 4.

I've got a couple UPS units on the way to keep my running. I do have a standby home generator but that takes roughly 10-15 seconds to kick in. Separately, but related I have seen folks mention to set up new SSID when doing factory reset. Why is that? Can I do new SSID and reboot and then change to old? I have many cameras/peripherals that I would prefer not to have to manually update SSID on. Especially things like NEST cameras where I think I need to scan back of cameras...

Any thoughts/guidance?

I've reused the same SSID, but my experience with performing resets is low. I think I've only ever had to done one reset in the last five years. In concept, it should be no different from switching to a new router, and I'm sure plenty of people use the same SSID when setting up a new router.

386.1 Beta 5, coming soon to a router near you. :D

Impressive. Overall b4b seems to be doing fine on the two AC86Us where I have it installed. Only issue was with OVPN, but now that I've resolved that with config file changes, all has been good. I'll be curious to know what exactly is changed with the 386.41700 build.

Should the next release be called gamma 1 perhaps? :D

If I recall, TransAmiga (the BBS software me and a friend used to run back in the day) went through beta, then gamma releases (1.10g1, 1.10g2, etc...).

I've been running the betab2 for my AX88U since its release without any issues. It just keeps getting better and better. Thanks for this RMerlin!!!

for me to come super gamma or x-ray!
so Master @RMerlin continues to provide the best of firmare! Vlw for the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!