What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta (stage 2) is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just flashed my RT-AX88U with beta 3 and I've noticed that I am getting lots of entries in the system log like this...
View attachment 29620
I've no idea what this means, so can anyone enlighten me please?

Also, did I see something somewhere about AdGuard being in these new builds? If so, where is it located?

Adguard: now a preset option under dns privacy.:)

RT-AC68U 386.1 Beta 4 Adaptive QOS will not save when set to Manual bandwidth. This after hard factory reset. Enabled AiProtection, router rebooted and I was able to enable QOS/Adaptivr QOS/Manual setting. I have tried this several times to make sure it wasn't me (although today has been rough with losing another friend to COVID-19). In a prior test I upgraded the AC68U from 384.19 and was able to change the QOS settings successfully.
Someone may notice my signature says AC86U and that is my home router. I am setting up the AC68U for a small office, whenever I am able to get in to service them...

No problem, appreciate your comment. This was more for the previous poster re internet speed. The fact that the Comcast tech guys said 700mb was all you could expect from their 1gb svc was my focus.

BTW, used your Android ROM early on, Evo or OP1 IIRC. Thank you!

RT-AC68U 386.1 Beta 4 Adaptive QOS will not save when set to Manual bandwidth.

Works for me. Check your available nvram.

Works for me. Check your available nvram.
Nvram should not be the issue after a hard factory reset with only SSID, username and password set. May just be the old router but as I was able to reproduce this three times I thought it worth reporting. 386.1 looks promising on the AC68U.

Scheduler still doesn't work for me. I have beta 4 and I did a factory reset.

When I go in Adaptive QoS I can even see the red mark telling me the he's suppose to be cut out. While is playing is game without any problems.

Anyone else is having this issues?

Beta 3 seemed to stabilise my AiMesh that was very very wobbly on Beta 2 (RT-AX88U plus some Zenwifi Minis and an RT-AC68U). Setup still tricky - took me 3 times to get it to see one Zenwifi. Otherwise though finally able to walk around home without a problem. Now, though, OpenVPN is playing up. It seems to have some tricky issues that weren't present in Beta2. Looks like it's losing some packets as I'm getting message saying signal inconsistent. Looks like it's dropping connection more without showing a drop. And looks like it's not resetting the device blockout on strict routing when it does reconnects. Any timeline on Beta 4 for the RT-AX88U? Also - any tips on how to restore 100 fixed IPs after a factory reset?

Hi all- I was running 386 beta 4 on my AC 5300 for the past 5 days and was working great. I came home this evening and it would appear that my 2.4GHZ radio is dropping left and right. Ive tried a factory reset to 386 beta 4. Any other thoughts? Anyone noticed this? About to go back to 384.19

I worked on this for about 6 hours yesterday. Knock on wood I “think” I have things working but the logic in things doesn’t add up to me. When all of this started I was on 386 beta 4, on all devices and things were running great. Over the weekend I was hit with a 3 second power glitch and all of this started (not sure if this has any factor or coincidence). I’d really like to get back to 386 beta 4 but guess I’m hesitant at this point. I did following last night and I’m in a “steady run” for about 8 hours now:

1.) using factory reset option in GUI, flashes to clean beta 4 firmware.
2.) Still was having issues so I flashed to 384.19 Merlin image. Still was having issues so I decided to turn on the 2.4 ghz Guest Network with the SSID that I have been broadcasting and changed the SSID on “normal” 2.4 ghz broadcast. From here, I saw some things starting to connect.
3.) I then reset 2.4 ghz SSID to same as Guest network
4.) waited for things to connect
5.) turned off Guest network
6.) things appear to be stable now with this approach. Again, running 384.19. Id like to get back to beta 4 but hesitant.

curious to continue thoughts/experiences from others??? I'd like to get back to 386 beta 4, but want to poll folks here first as I am still not sure what the underlying issue may have been.....

Installed Beta 4b on my AC-86U from the very first day of availability, today for the first time I've faced with an issue: most of my devices weren't able to connect to the Wifi (both 5GHz and 2.4GHz).
Tried to reset/restart my devices but still getting unable to connect error messages, only a restart of the router solved the issues. The last, maybe not relevant, messages on the logs were:

Code:
Jan 18 12:00:43 ovpn-client1[1654]: event_wait : Interrupted system call (code=4)
Jan 18 12:00:43 openvpn-routing: Configuring policy rules for client 1
Jan 18 12:00:49 lldpd[11846]: cannot get ethtool link information with GLINKSETTINGS (requires 4.9+): Operation not permitted
Jan 18 12:00:49 lldpd[11846]: cannot get ethtool link information with GSET (requires 2.6.19+): Operation not permitted

Dirty upgrade to beta 4 on an 68U, and network came up promptly, still could not log in after 3+ hours. SSH login to see the common thread still consuming 80%+ of the CPU. Rebooted and could log in for the first time on the beta. Updated 68U aimesh and networks seems ok.

I had my 2gb capable modem directly connected to the incoming line, my AX88u directly connected to the modem
What do you get with the laptop directly connect to the modem?

This was more for the previous poster re internet speed. The fact that the Comcast tech guys said 700mb was all you could expect from their 1gb svc was my focus.
Has nothing to do with connecting your laptop directly to the modem.
Agreed. Post was not related to an issue with FW, more to the poster complaining of throughput on the FW, indicating you don't always get the advertised speed.

I worked on this for about 6 hours yesterday. Knock on wood I “think” I have things working but the logic in things doesn’t add up to me. When all of this started I was on 386 beta 4, on all devices and things were running great. Over the weekend I was hit with a 3 second power glitch and all of this started (not sure if this has any factor or coincidence). I’d really like to get back to 386 beta 4 but guess I’m hesitant at this point. I did following last night and I’m in a “steady run” for about 8 hours now:

1.) using factory reset option in GUI, flashes to clean beta 4 firmware.
2.) Still was having issues so I flashed to 384.19 Merlin image. Still was having issues so I decided to turn on the 2.4 ghz Guest Network with the SSID that I have been broadcasting and changed the SSID on “normal” 2.4 ghz broadcast. From here, I saw some things starting to connect.
3.) I then reset 2.4 ghz SSID to same as Guest network
4.) waited for things to connect
5.) turned off Guest network
6.) things appear to be stable now with this approach. Again, running 384.19. Id like to get back to beta 4 but hesitant.

curious to continue thoughts/experiences from others??? I'd like to get back to 386 beta 4, but want to poll folks here first as I am still not sure what the underlying issue may have been.....
Sorry you had such a rough ride. At my house all network gear (router, cable/Phone modem, ethernet switches, etc.) are on a dedicated battery-backup UPS that can sustain them for hours if the power goes down. It has saved my bacon many times. Not to mention NOT losing internet access if the house power goes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!