What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.10 is now available for AC models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the common causes of the WebGUI/App-interface being rendered unreachable?
None that are known. That does mean there aren't any, just that if someone's httpd crashes, then it's currently unknown what would be the reason, and without having a test case to reproduce it while running a debugger, it's impossible to troubleshoot.

I'm experiencing problem logging in the WebUI using the edge browser. After signing in I keep getting redirected to the main log in page. Anyone else getting with edge browser? I could log in fine with firefox.

I'm experiencing problem logging in the WebUI using the edge browser. After signing in I keep getting redirected to the main log in page. Anyone else getting with edge browser? I could log in fine with firefox.
try clear cache and cookies

No issues using Edge Browser on Win 10 to log into an RT-AC68U running 386.10. As the previous person indicated, first step is to clear Edge's cache and cookies close Edge then reopen it and try to access the GUI. Other things to check is how you are trying to access the GUI, using HTTP or HTTPS. When/if you can access the GUI check the Administration > System > Local Access Config section.

Other troubleshooting steps. Reboot or power cycle the router, give it a few minutes to boot then try accessing the GUI. Once in the GUI check that you are not getting a Low NVRAM warning (a common issue with the RT-AC68U and 386.9 or 386.10 firmware). If low NVRAM is an issue then one has options; from doing a hard factory reset and reconfigure the router manually, to using various code or script NVRAM reduction methods mentioned in numerious other threads on NVRAM that one can find using the site/forum search feature. Just note those code or script NVRAM reduction methods typically do not survive reboot.

Hi.

I have a serious problem with my asuswrt-merlin 386.10 on RT-AC86U.

For almost a month, the 386.10 version worked perfectly. However, for the past 3 days there has been a problem logging into the management panel and resetting the device via the website as well as via ssh. In addition, after several hours of operation (despite the lack to manage settings on 192.168.1.1) using the network is impossible. It is necessary to restart and again a few hours and RT-AC86C and another restart.

I have about 10 devices set up in DHCP and 10 ports forwarded. I do not have an external drive connected. I do not use AiMesh. I can through the 192.168.1.1 page save the configuration (CFG file), but then when I clicked reset the device the page "locks up" - does not accept further instructions. Similarly, through SSH, the connection if successful, there are several retries of it, but, for example, the reboot command is not executed at all. I have already performed 5 reboots and today I plan a hard factory reset.

Hi.

I have a serious problem with my asuswrt-merlin 386.10 on RT-AC86U.

For almost a month, the 386.10 version worked perfectly. However, for the past 3 days there has been a problem logging into the management panel and resetting the device via the website as well as via ssh. In addition, after several hours of operation (despite the lack to manage settings on 192.168.1.1) using the network is impossible. It is necessary to restart and again a few hours and RT-AC86C and another restart.

I have about 10 devices set up in DHCP and 10 ports forwarded. I do not have an external drive connected. I do not use AiMesh. I can through the 192.168.1.1 page save the configuration (CFG file), but then when I clicked reset the device the page "locks up" - does not accept further instructions. Similarly, through SSH, the connection if successful, there are several retries of it, but, for example, the reboot command is not executed at all. I have already performed 5 reboots and today I plan a hard factory reset.
A hard reset should fix whatever the issue is, if it's firmware related. You may have a cooked machine in need of replacement.
I took this of mine after reading this/your post

I have upgraded my AC86U from 386.9 and now every time it restarts or the public IP changes, i need to click on apply to update the ddns service. Futhermore OpenVPN server doesn't start, in order to make it work i have to manually restart it or regenerate a new OpenVPN certificate.

RT-AC88U having intermittent high latency and packet loss on both lan and wan ports 1 month after upgrading. CPU looks fine. Syslog looks good too. Anyone have any ideas of what else to look for? WebUI was not accessible, had to hard reboot before it came back up. Problems presist after reboot although the webui is working now.

1.1.1.1 - cloudflare
192.168.1.3 - wifi remote AP (non ai mesh)
192.168.1.1 - rt-ac88u
pinging other nodes on the same network not going through the asus router, 1-2ms latency with no packet loss

Doesn't seem to the 386.10 related. Dirty flashed back to 386.7 and still have the issues. Very strange. Flash seems to be ok as well. Maybe the router has finally given its all and its time to move on.

1682974535704.png

Last edited:
RT-AC88U having intermittent high latency and packet loss on both lan and wan ports 1 month after upgrading. CPU looks fine. Syslog looks good too. Anyone have any ideas of what else to look for? WebUI was not accessible, had to hard reboot before it came back up. Problems presist after reboot although the webui is working now.

1.1.1.1 - cloudflare
192.168.1.3 - wifi remote AP (non ai mesh)
192.168.1.1 - rt-ac88u
pinging other nodes on the same network not going through the asus router, 1-2ms latency with no packet loss

Doesn't seem to the 386.10 related. Dirty flashed back to 386.7 and still have the issues. Very strange. Flash seems to be ok as well. Maybe the router has finally given its all and its time to move on.

View attachment 49822
A faulty cable may cause that ...

Has anybody noticed that Wifi Radar is not working/broken?
mine doesn't seem to populate the 2.4 band when I'm scanning (or maybe people around me are finally turning it off), and the 5GHz band doesn't seem as populated as I think it was/should be

A faulty cable may cause that ...

Thanks, went through every connection and found the gremlin. Strangest thing. I have a Microtek 10gb/s switch downstream of the asus router (which is not directly connected to the router). Rebooting the Microtek switch pretty much resolved the issue. Now I wish I had done some packet captures to see what was going on. The network usage was so low I can't imagine it was a broadcast storm. And it doesn't explain why layer 2 to other devices on the network had not issues either. It was only impacting the response time from the asus router. Either way upgraded the code on the microtek switch to the latest version for good measure. Everything is back to normal now.

🤷‍♂️

AC86.
was just wondering if it's my problem or one in general...
Not sure if this still applies from the Asus-Merlin change log from way back in 382.1 (12-Nov-2017), but might be something to check:
Added WiFi Radar (Broadcom's Visualization app) in the
Wireless section. You must enable data collection on
its Configuration page for all charts to work properly.
(RT-AC86U)

Yeah, I start data collection every time I need (well, want) to take a look.

Hi all, I know we've been chasing our tails on things locking up and mine happened to do it today while I was actively watching it. In syslog.log there were numerous repeating messages

May 3 10:15:15 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: timeout waiting for command 0x1
May 3 10:15:15 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: intfc status f80000e0

and

May 3 10:16:56 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: timeout waiting for command 0x4
May 3 10:16:56 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: intfc status c80000e0

Over and over again.

When this happened, tthere were 6 processes that jumped through the roof on cpu usage pegging out the CPU.

/sbin/init was at 35% cpu usage
httpd was at 23%
bcmsw_rx was at 12%
dnsmasq was at 11.2%

and occasionally vnstatd -d --noadd --config /jffs/addons/dn-vnstat.d/vnstat.conf would jump super high in cpu usage and then drop back down.

The only way to clear this up was a power cycle of the router.

This has happened on a brand new out of the box GT-AC2900 and an older RC-AC68U. I bought the AC2900 because I thought the problem was because my AC68U was so old, but both behave the exact same way on 386.10. I have had to downgrade back to 386_07 in order to get stability back. I hope some of this helps somehow, as I really don't like being so far behind in release.

Last edited:
After a few days I can only conclude that 386.10 is stabile. But compared to 386.7.2 the 386.10 firmware has less performance with an OPENVPN client (does not matter which node, or which one of my VPN providers (Expressvpn and Protonvpn. On average the speed with openvpn is 20-25% less on 386.10.
I dirty flashed from 386.5_2 to 386.10 and have been running stable for ~11 days without any issues. I definitely appreciate the hard work and support that has gone into keeping this router relevant, but I too have noticed a disappointing loss of OpenVPN speeds on the latest release. I've gone from consistent ~180Mbps speeds down to ~120Mbps on OpenVPN utilizing AES-128-GCM cypher. Why do we seem to keep losing performance over time with these updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!