What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.10 is now available for AC models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
386.10 is now available for WIfi 5 (AC) models.

Code:
- NEW: Added Site Survey page under Network Tools tab.
       (RT-AC86U/GT-AC2900).
- UPDATED: dnsmasq to 2.89.
- UPDATED: openvpn to 2.6.0.
- UPDATED: openssl to 1.1.1t.
- UPDATED: miniupnpd to 2.3.3.
- UPDATED: Asus security daemon updated to 2.0 engine (patch
           from Asus)
- CHANGED: Moved WiFi Radar and Site Survey to the
           Network Tools tab
- CHANGED: Disabled auto logout on System Log and
           Wireless Log pages.
- CHANGED: Reduced EDNS packet size from 1280 to 1232
           bytes in dnsmasq, to better work with some
           upstream servers not fully supporting EDNS0.
- FIXED: NTP redirection wouldn`t work properly with
         Guest Network, removed redirection for these.
- FIXED: Added missing Tools icon on ROG UI (icon
         contributed by Cody).
- FIXED: RT-AC68U may crash when using Media Bridge mode
         with a specific SSID length (patch from Asus)

Please keep discussions in this thread on this specific release. This thread will eventually be locked once the release feedback has died down.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Reserved post.

Upgraded AP RT-AC68 from 386.9 to 386.10 and my main router (same model) rebooted and reset to default. Both were running 386.9 prior.

Last edited:
Upgraded AP RT-AC68 from 386.9 to 386.10 and my main router (same model) rebooted and reset to default. Both were running 386.9 prior.
You probably had filled up nvram, which resulted in its corruption.

Bridge upgraded from 368.10-beta without errors.

You probably had filled up nvram, which resulted in its corruption.
Happened with mine as well, the 5300 node upgraded from the beta was fine, the 5300 router (also upgraded from the beta) lost it's config. Got to start from scratch in the AM, going to WPS reset it and move on from there... Since it was reunning scribe, will see if anything remains to see if I can identify the cause...

I had to perform the following clean up command to free up some nvram then I upgraded no problem.

for line in `nvram show | grep ^[^=]*=$ `; do var=${line%*=}; nvram unset $var; done; nvram commit

Upgraded AC86U router and AC68U node from 368.9 - smooth upgrade, up and running for 3+ hours now without issue.

Several RT-AC68 users are experiencing low NVRAM issues when updating to the later 386.x firmware which may result in weird issues with the router. Various suggestions are to perform a hard factory reset and manually reconfigure from scratch. Or if using static IP reservations, use YazDHCP (see the YazDHCP thread in Add-Ons) or move those IP address reservations to /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add. Or try clearing out the NVRAM using the methods explained in the following threads:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/solved-high-nvram-usage.56848/#post-494736
Run the following code from SSH:
for line in `nvram show | grep ^[^=]*=$ `; do var=${line%*=}; nvram unset $var; done; nvram commit
Or run a larger script (see following link) to clear out other values:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/3...lable-build-s-for-ac-models.83565/post-824457

Upgraded from 386.9 on AC86U and two AC68U mesh nodes. Upgrade was event free. Almost 10 hours uptime with no issues found yet.

"Dirty" upgraded AC86U from 386.9. Running since 4 hours. Nothing to report.
Thank you VERY much
Best regards

Dirty upgraded AC86U from 386.9 and lost openVPN, only showed check configuration on service state.
Rolled back to 386.9 and OpenVPN works perfectly.
I may retry with a full reset later.

My spidey sense was trying to tell me last night to have a look at this...but I've updated now.
Thanks @RMerlin !!

UPDATE- one week has just ticked past and things are smooth and stable with my AC86. Router temps as discussed in the alpha/beta threads for this release might -MIGHT- be a degree or so cooler, but I'm noticing in my ntpMerlin charts that the corrective mechanisms in the clocking start working in overdrive as the router cools (after I shut my 2.4GHz radio down, and then the LEDs), and re-warms to 79-80C as those conditions are reversed by automation:
1679160886541.png

2.4 radios off @ 20:00, followed by LEDs at 21:00, and then radios and LEDs wake up at 07:30.
Every day is like this:
1679161109134.png

Even before upgrading to 386.10 on March 11:
1679161189364.png

I'm tempted to come up with an active cooling solution to see if the swings/their width are related...stay tuned.

Last edited:
My spidey sense was trying to tell me last night to have a look at this...but I've updated now.
Thanks @RMerlin !!
I thought your spidey sense would be significantly more sensitive to an RMerlin FW Release?
Yet Google Earth clearly shows you unresponsive.
Spiderman+sleeping.jpg

Dirty Upgrade on my AC86, and smoothness continues.

Upgrade from Beta1 8 hours ago. So far so so good.

Dirty upgraded AC86U from 386.9 and lost openVPN, only showed check configuration on service state.
Check your system log, it will tell you what the problem is.

I cannot troubleshoot anything without that information. Most likely is you have a custom parameter that's no longer valid with OpenVPN 2.6. The system log will tell you what it is.

Site survey crashes 5 ghz radio ac-68u
Code:
Mar 11 21:15:52 rc_service: httpd 264:notify_rc restart_wlcscan
Mar 11 21:15:56 rc_service: httpd 264:notify_rc restart_wlcscan
Mar 11 21:15:56 rc_service: waitting "restart_wlcscan" via httpd ...
Mar 11 21:15:58 acsd: eth2: NONACSD channel switching to channel spec: 0xe02a (36/80)
Mar 11 21:16:03 acsd: eth2: NONACSD channel switching to channel spec: 0xe26a (108/80)
Mar 11 21:17:14 syslog: wlceventd_proc_event(530): eth2: Auth 18:26:49:DD:63:23, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Mar 11 21:17:14 syslog: wlceventd_proc_event(559): eth2: Assoc 18:26:49:DD:63:23, status: Successful (0), rssi:0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!