What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RMerlin , thanks again for the new Beta2. I assume that 386.2 Beta2 is on par (actually better than) with ASUS recent release for AX86u - same GPL, etc?

1616443998402.png

Thank you for Beta2, uneventful update from 386.1_2 on AX88U.
Will try to keep an eye on speed over OpenVPN and wireguard.

RGB LEDs are working as expected. Logs also look good. Only issue I have seen is that it takes a good 5 minutes for the router time to update for other dependent services like OpenVPN Server to start.

Thanks a lot for adding support to GT-AX11000.
AI Mesh with AC88U node is also working well with GT-AX11000.

B2 working great on my GT2900. Thanks again!

Ahh...fond memories of radio and TV ads from a distant past (and likely a geographic/regional thing): perhaps it explains why you haven't received more Likes just yet.
On a more serious note, I too have noted the tendency for significant builds to drop on the weekends (which is a good thing in most cases).
i tend to get cheeky when the 2nd coffee kicks in. (some of my college tuition was paid for by those spots...I couldn't resist) hope you got a chuckle out of it.

There's a whole new GPL from Asus containing multiple fixes of all kinds, SDK updates for many of the newer models, plus a number of fixes of my own as well.

This would seem to explain why ASUS has only released only a few firmware updates based on 42095. Are you going back to alpha status when you incorporate this update?

This would seem to explain why ASUS has only released only a few firmware updates based on 42095. Are you going back to alpha status when you incorporate this update?
I don't understand what you mean here. After 386.2 is finalized, then yes I will move on to 386.3 alpha, same as usual. And my release schedule has nothing to do with Asus's staggered releases.

I don't understand what you mean here. After 386.2 is finalized, then yes I will move on to 386.3 alpha, same as usual. And my release schedule has nothing to do with Asus's staggered releases.

I was wondering if incorporating the new GPL would mean taking 386.2 back to alpha phase.

I was wondering if incorporating the new GPL would mean taking 386.2 back to alpha phase.

See Change Log here
https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/changelog [link taken from #1 post in this thread].

RMerlin does not timestamp changes as he progresses from b1 to b2 etc ... so unless you regularly check the log you won't know what's changed between b1 and b2. The Change Log simply grows until fully done when he completes release name and date.

EDIT: This post does summarize the b2 changes ..
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-386-2-beta-is-now-available.71038/post-675037
As does Post #1 of this thread.

Last edited:
I have run Beta2 for a couple of days and found "domain name" on two places.
octopus@RT-AX86U-EA08:/tmp/home/root# nvram show | grep domain
ipv61_get_domain=
ipv6_get_domain=
lan1_domain=
lan_domain=home
local_domain=router.asus.com
wan0_domain=my provider.se

Attachments

• domain_name-1.jpg
    domain_name-1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 156
  • domain_name-2.jpg
    domain_name-2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
ok I have a RT-AX68U as the main router with other Asus routers in an AiMesh configuration.

Is there a template that I can follow to provide feedback on this beta. I have had to reboot the ax68u a few times...

Thanks.

I'm currently facing latency instability on 386-2 Beta version of AX58U. (I'm using NexDNS CLI and Cake QOS) (Fiber - 300/150 speed)
Latency is very unstable and I'm not able to get "A+" score with 200/140 (down/up) speeds configurated on Cake QOS.

The issue is not seem on 386-2 Alpha1 (It is pretty stable.).
With same Cake speed configuration on Alpha1, I'm able to get 200/140 speed and also score "A+" without issue. Latency is way better on this version also.

My guess, Something broke after upgrade GPL verson to 386_42095. (Same issue on 386-2 Alpha2).

Last edited:
I applied Beta 2 yesterday and it resolved a problem that I had on Beta 1. I did not post about the problem previously because I had way too many changes (moved Airbnbs between states, went from VDSL to cable, upgraded from 386.1_2 to 386.2 Beta 1) so I didn't think it would be useful information.

Before I applied Beta 2, my Fire TVs claimed to not have Internet on the home screen; however, I could launch the Apps manually from the Settings page and everything worked fine. After applying Beta 2, everything works as expected. I don't know what fixed it or if anyone else had this issue, but I'm glad it is working now.

I applied Beta 2 yesterday and it resolved a problem that I had on Beta 1. I did not post about the problem previously because I had way too many changes (moved Airbnbs between states, went from VDSL to cable, upgraded from 386.1_2 to 386.2 Beta 1) so I didn't think it would be useful information.

Before I applied Beta 2, my Fire TVs claimed to not have Internet on the home screen; however, I could launch the Apps manually from the Settings page and everything worked fine. After applying Beta 2, everything works as expected. I don't know what fixed it or if anyone else had this issue, but I'm glad it is working now.
I had one Fire Stick do that to me on 5Ghz main SSID.. All the others were fine (5 in total) so I moved this one to the 5Ghz Guest and its working there. .. 386 Beta2 on 3x RTAX58U in AiMesh, with wifi backhaul (as i just moved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!