What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.3 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the procedure. Here is the result with Firefox opened in safe mode :
View attachment 35638
The problem is the same. The problem is the same. Empty boxes and no QRCODE.
Is there anything unusual about the SSIDs or passwords? Unusual characters?

When you have the page open to the Wireless tab next time, open the Browser Console again, and on the console input line, enter variable; and Enter key. Expand the results with the small arrow and confirm you see your values for ssids, wpa_psk, auth_mode_x, etc. If any of those are blank, let us know (key1 - key4 may appear blank).

Last edited:
Thank you for the procedure. Here is the result with Firefox opened in safe mode :
View attachment 35638
i think this has to do with a setting in the browser that prevents loading sources where some items come from https and some from http?

also found this:

and this:

How do I fix mixed content block in Firefox?

Mozilla Firefox
  1. At the top of the page, to the left of the address bar, click the shield icon ( ).
  2. In the pop-up window that appears, click the down arrow next to "Options", and select Disable protection for now.
  3. The page will refresh and display any mixed content.
i think modern firefox has a protection feature that can be set to strict. maybe that mode triggers if it thinks there is mixed content on the webui ... is there?

Last edited:
Is there anything unusual about the SSIDs or passwords? Unusual characters?

When you have the page open to the Wireless tab next time, open the Browser Console again, and on the console input line, enter variable; and Enter key. Expand the results with the small arrow and confirm you see your values for ssids, wpa_psk, auth_mode_x, etc. If any of those are blank, let us know (key1 - key4 may appear blank).
Thanks for your help. For the special characters of the password and SSID, they are well accepted by the router interface.
I just entered variable; in the console, but an error appears. Is there something I'm doing wrong ?
w.png

Same result in Edge :
wx.png

@ugandy => (Deactivate the protection in the shield icon) I have done this test before but the problem persists.

Last edited:
For the special characters of the password and SSID, they are well accepted by the router interface.
So you do have special characters. I have found that certain combinations of "|" and "\" will cause this problem.

Change your SSIDs and passwords so that they only contain alphanumeric characters and see if the problem goes away.

So you do have special characters. I have found that certain combinations of "|" and "\" will cause this problem.

Change your SSIDs and passwords so that they only contain alphanumeric characters and see if the problem goes away.
Exactly, I use special characters for the SSID and the password. I just changed the SSID name with only letters and the password with only numbers and the problem persists, empty box and no QRCODE link :
3.png

Exactly, I use special characters for the SSID and the password. I just changed the SSID name with only letters and the password with only numbers and the problem persists :
Now try changing the UI language to English. It wouldn't be the first time there were bugs with the non-English UI.

Sorry but I have the same problem with the English interface :
View attachment 35645
This problem is completely crazy...
Does the browser ever finish loading the page (even if incomplete)? The variables won’t be populated until the document.ready event is triggered in jQuery.

Does the browser ever finish loading the page (even if incomplete)? The variables won’t be populated until the document.ready event is triggered in jQuery.
Thanks for your comments. Indeed, the page loaded well except that the QRCODE link is missing and some boxes are empty as on my captures. There is a problem somewhere.

View attachment 35638
What are your actual Smart Connect settings? Over ssh, run nvram get smart_connect_x

I’m bothered that there was no output from the variables array in the console. @ColinTaylor do you get expected output when viewing that Wireless tab in the frame?

I’m bothered that there was no output from the variables array in the console. @ColinTaylor do you get expected output when viewing that Wireless tab in the frame?
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "unexpected output". The wireless tab looks fine unless I enter a password that contains a backslash.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "unexpected output". The wireless tab looks fine unless I enter a password that contains a backslash.
Sorry, referring to post #462. Typing variable; in the browser console window to see the collected nvram values used to draw the page. It worked for me but not Unetwork.

This could really be broken off into its own thread…

Sorry, referring to post #462. Typing variable; in the browser console window to see the collected nvram values used to draw the page. It worked for me but not Unetwork.
No, I get the same response as @Unetwork in Chrome regardless of whether it's displaying correctly or not.

Another successful dirty update on RT-AX3000 (aka RT-AX58U) from 386.3 -> 386.3_2. Took same amount of time as previous updates. Thanks Merlin!

Try accessing the webui over http instead of https, that will allow you to rule out mixed content issues.

I have the same problem as @Unetwork.

This is what my variable looks like (SSID and password redacted):

Code:
isError: true
smart_connect_x: ""
sw_mode: ""
wl0_auth_mode_x: ""
wl0_closed: ""
wl0_crypto: ""
wl0_key: ""
wl0_key1: ""
wl0_key2: ""
wl0_key3: ""
wl0_key4: ""
wl0_mfp: ""
wl0_nmode_x: ""
wl0_ssid: "<SSID>"
wl0_wep_x: ""
wl0_wpa_psk: "<PASSWORD>"
wl1_auth_mode_x: ""
wl1_closed: ""
wl1_crypto: ""
wl1_key: ""
wl1_key1: ""
wl1_key2: ""
wl1_key3: ""
wl1_key4: ""
wl1_mfp: ""
wl1_nmode_x: ""
wl1_ssid: "<SSID>>"
wl1_wep_x: ""
wl1_wpa_psk: "<PASSWORD>"
wps_enable: ""

Is there a way to test this with different SSID/passwords in the browser without really changing them in the router?

If so, how?

386.3_2 working perfectly on AX88U.
I see some changes on OpenVPN has been done/improved.
Will 2FA on OpenVPN be included sometime, or is it not optimal to use on Asus router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!