What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.3 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I don't have time to do this test right now.
I hope someone else will be able to do it and that it will solve the problem of empty boxes and missing QRCODES.
Thank you for taking care of this bug.
I hope I can try tonight.
I don’t believe Merlin intends to fix this since it is already fixed in later ASUS GPL versions. If you want to fix this locally until the next official Merlin release with new GPL (unknown ETA), you can add this code to /jffs/scripts/services-start and reboot, or just execute the services-start script manually.
Bash:
#!/bin/sh

cp /www/device-map/router.asp /tmp/router.asp
sed -Ei "/^_element = / s/'wl[012](\.1)?_wpa_psk', //g" /tmp/router.asp
if ! diff -q /tmp/router.asp /www/device-map/router.asp; then
        mount -o bind /tmp/router.asp /www/device-map/router.asp
else
        rm /tmp/router.asp
fi

AC86U Actively cooled w/copper mod fluctuates nearly 6-8 deg just from daytime to nighttime, let alone within an hour after flashing, mine after 10 days has 12degs of fluctuation. Daytimes are mid-low 40s. night time is 38-40
Heat transfer is proportional the temperature difference between the two subjects. Therefore if the ambient temperature in your router's location changes, so will the CPU temperature.

The solutions using fans take advantage of this by moving more cool air from the room into the inside of the case, thus increasing the temperature difference between the CPU and surrounding air.

I have tested this and for me it indeed solves the problem! :)

Thank you! Hope @RMerlin will merge your PR (or come up with another solution himself).
Asus already fixed it upstream, so since I don`t intend to release a new firmware until I have a new GPL to merge, I will most likely not be merging this commit - it would only get in the way when I try to merge the next GPL and have to manually resolve the ensuring merge conflict. I might merge it if in the meantime I need to issue another point update for 386.3, which is why I kept the pull request open.

Anyone who wants to fix it themselves however can reuse it - this is basically the same way Asus changed it on their end from what I can tell (they removed the variable from the _element array).

I get the following error: "Connected (Local: 10.137.0.74 - Internet not redirected)"
Well the message is saying it clearly: your Internet is not redirected. Did you configure it to be redirected, just a few settings below that message?

I don’t believe Merlin intends to fix this since it is already fixed in later ASUS GPL versions. If you want to fix this locally until the next official Merlin release with new GPL (unknown ETA), you can add this code to /jffs/scripts/services-start and reboot, or just execute the services-start script manually.
Bash:
#!/bin/sh

cp /www/device-map/router.asp /tmp/router.asp
sed -Ei "/^_element = / s/'wl[012](\.1)?_wpa_psk', //g" /tmp/router.asp
if ! diff -q /tmp/router.asp /www/device-map/router.asp; then
        mount -o bind /tmp/router.asp /www/device-map/router.asp
else
        rm /tmp/router.asp
fi
@XIII @RMerlin
Thanks for your research and testing.
As I am not very comfortable with command lines, the bug will be fixed in a future version of Merlin or am I wrong ?
That would be more convenient for everyone than running command lines.
Thank you again for your efficiency.

I completely missed @dave14305’s post with a persistent solution…

(I only tested the temporary solution)

I don’t have a real use for these QR codes, so I’ll probably just wait for that upstream fix.

I've got no "testing methodology". Just looking at the temperatures shown in GUI and printed out via SSH... So there is nothing flawed.

Both - AX88U and AC68U - show a 5 degrees increase even after a day of operation. Same settings after dirty upgrade.

Please tell how to stop the blinking "upgrade-sign"? It flashes even though I switched off the firmware check.
Run "pwr config --cpuwait on" from an SSH session. It dropped the temp on my RT-AX88U ~ 8 Celsius.

Enable jffs and create an init-start script:
Code:
admin@RT-AX88U-2600:/jffs/scripts# cat /jffs/scripts/init-start
#!/bin/sh
# https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/User-scripts#init-start
pwr config --cpuwait on

Does anyone know what this means? Oddly I have never seen this entry before in my logs.
Code:
Aug 14 07:28:01 RT-AX88U-E770 kernel[Sat]: Aug 14 07:28:01 GMT 2021]
Aug 14 07:28:01 RT-AX88U-E770 kernel: mode.
Aug 14 07:28:05 RT-AX88U-E770 kernel[Sat]: Aug 14 07:28:05 GMT 2021]

Does anyone know what this means? Oddly I have never seen this entry before in my logs.
Code:
Aug 14 07:28:01 RT-AX88U-E770 kernel[Sat]: Aug 14 07:28:01 GMT 2021]
Aug 14 07:28:01 RT-AX88U-E770 kernel: mode.
Aug 14 07:28:05 RT-AX88U-E770 kernel[Sat]: Aug 14 07:28:05 GMT 2021]
Any idea? @RMerlin ?

I’ve just dirty upgrade my RT-AX58U from 386.1_? to 386.3_2, and the 5GHz part of the Guest Network has been missing, but these networks are still existing and usable.

Attachments

• firefox - 2021 08 18 - 21 15 25 800.png
    firefox - 2021 08 18 - 21 15 25 800.png
    439.5 KB · Views: 146
I’ve just dirty upgrade my RT-AX58U from 386.1_? to 386.3_2, and the 5GHz part of the Guest Network has been missing, but these networks are still existing and usable.
NOTE: On first boot with 386.3, you must either force-refresh the browser page (shift-reload), or clear your browser cache. Failure to do so will prevent the new QR codes from being properly displayed, due to an old cached CSSn

Done?

NOTE: On first boot with 386.3, you must either force-refresh the browser page (shift-reload), or clear your browser cache. Failure to do so will prevent the new QR codes from being properly displayed, due to an old cached CSSn

Done?
The qr codes are displayed. I shift-refresh, then deleted the site data, then tried in chrome, then edge (where I’m sure I never log to my router admin panel) and I have the same problem. The 5GHz guest networks are missing.
The div is here, but it’s not populated as you can see on the screenshot.

Attachments

• firefox - 2021 08 19 - 00 12 55 518.png
    firefox - 2021 08 19 - 00 12 55 518.png
    191.3 KB · Views: 152
hi ! my have two device ax86u and ac86u

my Merlin firmware version 386.3_2 or 386.2_6
cake qos version 2.0.0 or 2.1.0 from https://github.com/ttgapers/cakeqos-merlin

i get a problem that run cake qos and IPSec VPN on ax86u

When my android phone open any website After connect to ax86u by IPSec Xauth PSK

Then AX86u will crash and reboot

by the way i try the same setting config on ac86u , anything is fine

hi ! my have two device ax86u and ac86u

my Merlin firmware version 386.3_2 or 386.2_6
cake qos version 2.0.0 or 2.1.0 from https://github.com/ttgapers/cakeqos-merlin

i get a problem that run cake qos and IPSec VPN on ax86u

When my android phone open any website After connect to ax86u by IPSec Xauth PSK

Then AX86u will crash and reboot

by the way i try the same setting config on ac86u , anything is fine
Have you been doing "dirty upgrades"? If so....it may be time to start from scratch on the AX86u unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!