What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty flash over Alpha 1 on 2 x RT-AC68U. All went smoothly.

@RMerlin, the change log link in the first post doesn't have the changes of this release. The one in git is up to date. Maybe the wrong link?
Probably a Cloudflare caching issue, I do get the up to date changelog here.

Just echoing @octopus wish for the "kernel: CONSOLE:" log entries to stop spamming log when the final firmware version is released.
dhd logging is enabled at the time the driver is compiled. It's outside of my control.

Sorry, I reformatted prior to thinking about it, but from the syslog:

May 5 01:05:13 kernel: random: init urandom read with 12 bits of entropy available
May 5 01:05:13 kernel: proc_dostring_crashlogsave: crash log filename is /jffs/crashlog.log
May 5 01:05:13 kernel: crashFileSet: Failed to get mtd !
May 5 01:05:13 kernel: ++++ Powering up USB blocks
May 5 01:05:13 kernel: hub 1-0:1.0: config failed, hub doesn't have any ports! (err -19)
Nothing related to the jffs in that log, sorry.

AX-88/386.7b1: OpenVPN cloud server (openvpn.net) connection with ipv6 enable on router did show (prior to this beta) one of their DNS servers even though DOT was enable, filter was set to router, and "accept dns configuration' was set to disable. Now I am only seeing the DOT listed cloud flare dns. Saw a post about problems with AiMesh, and although my hardwired mesh units came online slowly (especially the AC68), they all seem to be working fine and load distribution looks better than before. Am seeing an increase in memory usage (about 3/4 vs 1/2 memory prior); although I changed some things in amtm, so I'll blame it on scripts. Thanks for the release.

New user of Merlin here, running 386.5_2 release now on an RT-AX68U.

Anyone try this beta on an AX68U yet? I have the bug that occasionally causes the 5GHz network to drop; supposedly it's fixed in this release but it's only happening every couple of weeks so I'd rather not upgrade if this release has other issues.

Am really loving Merlin so far and even sent in a donation to support the project. The "quality of life" improvements like built in SNMP (no more WiFi dongle!) and the much nicer Wireless log screen are awesome! Thank you for that. :)

Yes, someone on the first page (see post #6) indicated they put the beta on a AX68U.
Excellent, thanks for the pointer, musta missed it the first readthrough. Anyway this is good, might just way for the release version anyway as the 5GHz bug hasn't been happening too much lately.

a1 to b1, no issues. ax88u

GT-AX11000 dirty flash over Alpha 1 successfully. All seemed OK except that this line about SFP in the syslog, don't really understand what it means, hope it is nothing serious.....

===========================================================================================================
Jun 11 04:11:17 crond[2288]: time disparity of 2157486 minutes detected
Jun 11 04:11:45 kernel: bcm_i2c: bus 0: Failed to detect SFP: 100 retries exhausted <----------------------
Jun 11 04:12:23 kernel: nf_conntrack: automatic helper assignment is deprecated and it will be removed soon. Use the iptables CT target to attach helpers instead.
Jun 11 04:12:33 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(556): eth7: Assoc BE:EE:EE:77:8C:54, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Jun 11 04:12:33 hostapd: eth7: STA be:ee:ee:77:8c:54 IEEE 802.11: associated
Jun 11 04:12:33 kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_change_station : WLC_SCB_AUTHORIZE sta_flags_mask not set
===========================================================================================================

Also the top LED still automatically turns on after reboot even it was OFF previously. Have to turn it off again on Auro RGB tab under System Status

Thanks for the good work !!!!!

RT-AX86S, Updated 386.5_2 to 386.7_beta1
Dirty upgrade, just unmounted the USB drive beforehand.

Came back straight away, All seems OK at the moment.
I see the guest network IP addresses on the Wireless log page have been fixed - thanks for that.

I initially thought YazFi hadn't started up but it had, it's just that there were no YazFi entries on my syslog server. I found them on the syslog file on the router,
I guess in this release YazFi must get started before syslog entries start getting sent out.

Have they finally fixed the Client list on the Network map page in this release?

Mine looks accurate and stays stable, it shows all my wired and WiFi clients correctly.
Doesn't show Guest networks, but I think that's due to YazFi interfering.

I'd love to be able to do this as well!
You can use SSH as a tunnel. I have used Putty to establish a tunnel then use a browser to connect to a web page. Has been a while and I've forgotten the steps but Google is your friend.

I'd love to be able to do this as well!
See my post #35 above
EDIT: In case others are wondering why I didn't make the script more automatic...
I'm finding too much automation is actually making me dumber.
ex) I don't even know anyone's phone number anymore.
At least with the script as is...
It should prevent me from accidentally flashing the wrong firmware.
Yet it still keeps me somewhat in control of what is actually taking place.

Last edited:
this is awesome in that it includes the hash check!
Thanks but now that you brought it up... It would probably be even better to perform the hash check on the file we copy to the router just before flashing. But I got lazy & kinda figured scp would alert me of any wrongdoing during the file transfer.

@RMerlin

Same IP assignments in Guest #2 is still present in Beta1, it seems cosmetic as they are leased the right IP's according to Network map and the DHCP lease entries. These guest clients are manually assigned IP's in the DHCP server. sameIP.jpg

RT-AX88U

Been running this on the GT-AX6000, no new bugs to report! The issue of the Aura RGB setting only being available when the Aimesh Management LED: ON, remains. The USB 2/3 settings for the two ports remain conjoined. Reboot speed seems to have improved though that could just be a placebo...

3 x RT-AX86U upgraded from 386_5_2 to BETA1 - two of which were remote. All OK. All models originally bought at different times over a year or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!