What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the main page DDNS isn't showing as connected but on the DDNS page is shows registered when you click apply. AX86 router, clean install with manual setup.

I had to reboot the router and now have the padlock and DDNS is working, the homepage still shows GO instead of my domain.
View attachment 41743
That would suggest that DDNS isn't enabled. Check with nvram get ddns_enable_x over SSH. Or look for errors in the browser console using the F12 key.

Albiet @RMerlin inadyn ddns support is as true as inadyn itself. Inadyn developers have yet to allow for updating of dual stack simultaneously. However, as long as the DDNS service offers a friendly enough API, then both ipv4 and ipv6 can be update separately ~~~~~~
Thank you :)

Yes, you've gone a level deeper there than I (currently) have, by avoiding any Asuswrt-Melrin web involvement & instead, creating your own custom DDNS functionality via /jffs/configs/inadyn.conf & /jffs/scripts/ddns-start files and your DDNS providers API, so you can access all the services provided by In-a-dyn this way, from 1 provider.

My (current) level of DDNS was/is a bit simpler to be honest and was aimed at 2 separate DDNS providers by using the /jffs/configs/inadyn.conf.add file as well as the std Asuswrt-Melrin web involvement. Hence, in this firmware release, I am affected by that Asus IPv6 DDNS process removal I mentioned earlier, but you're not :D

You've given me a new direction of thought now though, i.e. to re-create what you have already achieved, but, to see if that's also possible with 2 separate DDNS providers as well. To be fair this new 'project' is not relevant to any IPv6 issues with this specific firmware release, so in deference to @RMerlin who is focused on that, in this thread and who provides his own DDNS references anyway, I'll create a separate post on this, once it's done.

I've had issues with the GUI graphs of unbound, spdMerlin and ntpMerlin...but I'm on the latest release, so I'd guess my usb drive is failing or I've a bad USB port on my AC86
(yes I know this is not quite germane to the thread/topic, but I have been seeing strange things)
Interesting ideas, but I doubt it in my case: I long ago switched to using a SSD in an external USB case rather than a simple USB flash drive, as I know the long term problems associated with most of the (cheap) flash drives. Also, it's not like my scripts aren't accessible and running, they simply refuse to accept any updates or with the built-in re-installation tools, either forced or conventional (both the "u" and "uu" versions).

Beta firmware installed on both my AX88 devices (router/node) and both run fine! :)

386.7 beta1 running happily here.
The “CONSOLE” entries that were in the Alpha’s syslog have gone away.
Great work!:)

Upgraded my AC86U from Alpha 1 to Beta 1.

Upgrade succeeded the first time (I shut down the router and removed the USB flash drive before flashing the firmware).

One minor issue though: I could not SSH into the router using my private key (from several devices). After a second reboot SSH worked fine (using the same key).

It’s running very well on my 5300 and both of the ac68u.

Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 Beta is now available for all supported models. This release focuses on GPL merges and component updates.

The highlights:
  • Merged with GPL 386_49335 (for the RT-AC5300) and 386_48966 (for all other models).
  • DNSFilter can now also intercept and redirect IPv6 DNS queries on HND models. You can also specify IPv6 DNS servers for the three custom settings.
  • Component updates: openssl 1.1.1o, haveged 1.9.18, openvpn 2.5.7 and tor 0.4.7.7.
  • Fixed CVE-2022-0934 and CVE-2022-26376.
  • And a few other fixes

Also for those not using a GT-AX6000 or XT12, this also includes the changes from 386.6, such as the improved IPv6 support for OpenVPN servers. Please review the 386.6 changelog for mode details.

Things in particular need of testing in this release:
  • DNSFilter and IPv6 support (also ensure no regression on older models)
  • IPv6 support with the OpenVPN server

Please keep the discussion on this particular release. Off-topic posts will be moved, deleted or ignored depending on my mood at the time.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Performed dirty upgrade from 386.7 alpha to 386.7 Beta 1 on my RT-AC5300 and has been running with no issues for just over two days.

Anyone else worried that the AX86 series hasnt gotten a firmware update since January 11th, 2022? I am wondering if there is a known issue with these routers.

They tried to release a new firmware in April, and it bricked a few routers.
The AX68 isn't much better - the last good build dates from last year, due to WiFi dropouts (although maybe light at the end of the tunnel on the GPL on this beta version there, hopefully)
They're clearly having trouble on the software side.

After a few days I can only confirm that my AC5300's are sailing smoothly!

All good here. Dirty upgrade of two AX88Us from 386.5_2 to 386.7 Beta1. No issues.

That would suggest that DDNS isn't enabled. Check with nvram get ddns_enable_x over SSH. Or look for errors in the browser console using the F12 key.
My RT-AX88U shows "Go" as described but only when set to DNS-O-Matic as the provider. The "Go" button then links to the DNS-O-Matic website. It shows the current ddns hostname when set to other providers (e.g.No-IP). Looks like might be intended behaviour unless the OP isn't using DNS-O-Matic.

Last edited:
so you're gonna make it proper?
Sorry for my rather Tardy reply... I just revisited the script & was suddenly reminded (Unless I missed it somewhere) :
sha256sum
- is NOT typically installed on the router & I would wager MOST people are "somewhat reluctant" to (Install/copy) additional EXECUTABLE files onto their router.
And for good reasons ;-)
So... maybe I'm not quite as LAZY as I first thought & likely abandoned the remote router-checksum for this reason.

Read a few posts/pages above. It was pulled for reported issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!