What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.8 Beta is out for specific models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well

For 24h, I can say it is working- maybe not flawless as other Betas, but we have somerhing to work with.

Trully hopefull for another Beta to come prior full release to the community with bug fixes implemented.

Thanks

Another bug worth mention.
Ch control switching on its own to AUTO, when I want to manually sign my Ch, it do not appear in the list (appear 64 max).
Under AUTO it automatically choose 161/80Mhz.
If I reboot the router, ch 161 is appear on Ch comtrol, and then switch to AUTO on its own.
5Ghz band I mean

For your check @RMerlin
Available channels are determined by the SDK (and Asus) and is outside of my control.

In addition, Ookla starts to prioritize IPv6 servers, so IPv6 got to obtain perfectly soon with the new FW soon, so they could prioritize IPv6 speedtest as well.
The application cannot "prioritize" IPv4 or IPv6, it will use whatever IP the resolver returned. Also, the Ookla application is closed source.

Available channels are determined by the SDK (and Asus) and is outside of my control.

The application cannot "prioritize" IPv4 or IPv6, it will use whatever IP the resolver returned. Also, the Ookla application is closed source.

About V6, i heard they will do a prioritized section. Idk how woukd that end up.
About Ch selection- attached 2 photos i think that shows better.
After reboot- channels are all the way down to 161.
Checking- and switch to Auto with 161.
Plus, the CH were available for choose (up to 161) in 386 5 2 which i understand had other SDK.
I guess a bug in the SDK worth ping them amond the others
Third pic after a reboot, 161 Ch is checked manually, untill it will change to AUTO.

Hope it better helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220809-020151_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220809-020151_Chrome.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_20220809-020354_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220809-020354_Chrome.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20220809-021631_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220809-021631_Chrome.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
About Ch selection- attached 2 photos i think that shows better.
Unable to reproduce, works fine for me. I get both low 5 GHz and high 5 GHz channels listed. Try a different browser, I suspect your list may possibly just be truncated because it doesn't fit your screen.

1660011467123.png

Unable to reproduce, works fine for me. I get both low 5 GHz and high 5 GHz channels listed. Try a different browser, I suspect your list may possibly just be truncated because it doesn't fit your screen.

View attachment 43396

Tried 3 devices, hit same results.

After my last night reboot (to the whole system), to demo the channels issue here-
My AX56U is not connected to the network on its own, lol.
Have to climb up to my upper floor today to manually reboot him so he'd re-join.

RT-AX88U. Update to beta1 all good.
But I've noticed that the system temperature chart is off.
CPU temperature at 51C looks right on the chart, but 2.4GHz and 5GHz is above CPU even if temperature is at 38C.
Can't remember if it looked this way with 386.7 or earlier releases.

Capture.PNG

I was curious so tried on my RT-AX88U AP. I don't use 160MHz and have my 5Ghz set to 80MHz normally.

So, Enabled 160Mhz, chose the 160MHz bandwidth and then saw the below channels available.

1660046076048.png

386.8 Beta 2 is now available.

Changes since beta 1:

Code:
c88edeb284 webui: update TZ database
a4cfce8ee2 webui: fix visibility of noise mitigation and DFS options on 5 GHz-2 band
414a3b048b webui: fix wireless modes shown for 5GHz-2 and 6GHz bands, and also select the current mode on page load
ac106f05e8 Bumped revision to beta 2

RT-AX88U. Update to beta1 all good.
But I've noticed that the system temperature chart is off.
CPU temperature at 51C looks right on the chart, but 2.4GHz and 5GHz is above CPU even if temperature is at 38C.
Can't remember if it looked this way with 386.7 or earlier releases.

View attachment 43408
It's probably a scaling issue since the scale isn't really set to handle such low numbers.

Anyway, I am currently considering removing that page from the next major release, since it's completely out of sync with Asus, and maintaining it is a major headache (old cryptic and undocumented Tomato code is used as its basis).

Updated to beta2. Node updated as well which came online really quick. Wireless mode in all bands working great! All clients back online and all running smooth. Thanks! :)

It's probably a scaling issue since the scale isn't really set to handle such low numbers.

Anyway, I am currently considering removing that page from the next major release, since it's completely out of sync with Asus, and maintaining it is a major headache (old cryptic and undocumented Tomato code is used as its basis).
It is a pity, as it is useful (at least for me) to decide when a cooling fan is needed .

Updated my both units.

Right after the update had connections issues, gladly after reboot most of them are gone.
IPv6 still takes forever to obtain, WAN connection takes longer than previous stable versions to connect (in both beta1 and beta2).
WIFI still losing some of my clients and optimization still not work- 22/30 devices are back online.

Hope for good news on this issues

It is a pity, as it is useful (at least for me) to decide when a cooling fan is needed .
The temperature is still visible on the Sysinfo page.

Hope for good news on this issues
Wifi is what it is, it`s not gonna change in this release.

The temperature is still visible on the Sysinfo page.

Wifi is what it is, it`s not gonna change in this release.

Wifi not gonna change on the Stable one?
Ok, I see.
Thanks

Hope next stable release will have better WiFi stabillity.

Wifi not gonna change on the Stable one?
As I said before, everything related to wifi is outside of my control, so no, nothing is going to change, assuming there is even actually an issue, which I personally doubt considering the rest of the feedback regarding Wifi is positive.

When we going to see some test builds for the rest of the models you support ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!