What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 Beta is available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I upgraded to 388.1 beta 3 on my AXE16000, using the ROG styled firmware, and have run into an unexpected issue. The router keeps redirecting me to router.asus.com when I have it set not to in System settings page. I've tried toggling it off and on but it just keeps redirecting me...pretty annoying. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Update: Flashed the non-ROG styled 388.1 beta 3 firmware and apparently it's fixed? Don't see how that could've fixed it but hey...will keep poking around it though.

Last edited:
what's your overwatch2 rank?
I had the same situation last night. Since upgraded my family says internet not stable, their phones getting no internet from time to time while other things still working. It happened to me last night also, I turned off WiFi on my phone and turned it back on. Once reconnected internet worked.

See attached log. Has anything looks strange?

Attachments

• B0FE65F3-17A4-4170-A007-8D1894D6304A.jpeg
    B0FE65F3-17A4-4170-A007-8D1894D6304A.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 130
A quick question - having got a GT-AX6000 incoming to replace my RT-AC87U, which is now on the Asus EOL list, do the "standard" and "rog" versions of the firmware use the same config data layout, so you can seamlessly move between them?
I'd like to try the rog version, but may find it easier to do the initial setup with the more familiar "classic" menus.

A quick question - having got a GT-AX6000 incoming to replace my RT-AC87U, which is now on the Asus EOL list, do the "standard" and "rog" versions of the firmware use the same config data layout, so you can seamlessly move between them?
I'd like to try the rog version, but may find it easier to do the initial setup with the more familiar "classic" menus.
You either flash the ROG version of the firmware or the Classic version. You can't switch back and forth without reflashing the firmware again.

Importing system settings between them could be very problematic.

Why?

Are there more differences than just a different theme?

(Also waiting for my GT-AX6000 to arrive - somewhere in December)
No issue in going back and forth — different GUI look and feel only.

@XIII I did not care for the rog theme, and quickly reverted back to RMerlin Standard ;)
I reset router at RMerlin's Stable fw, after alpha/beta stages. I screen shot "settings", then enter manually.
Current beta3 working well

I had the same situation last night. Since upgraded my family says internet not stable, their phones getting no internet from time to time while other things still working. It happened to me last night also, I turned off WiFi on my phone and turned it back on. Once reconnected internet worked.

This is what happened to me as well. Only fix was going back to 386.

what's your overwatch2 rank?
Low platinum on all three roles. Slowly climbing.

In your logs, the mac addresses that are showing in this line:
Nov 23 23:19:16 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(469): eth10: Deauth_ind XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)

Are they IoT devices like a camera, smart plug, etc? Are they on the 2.4ghz?

From some quick googling, this appears to be a more common issue, outside of 388. But I personally have only had this happen once to me during Beta 3.

So far so good with beta3 on my GT-AX6000...

noticed some connection issues since beta 2 on AX88U, sometimes the connection drops or takes more time to connect when starting...

Where are you from? Europe maybe? Can't find it online in North America. Anyway maybe overkill/overpriced for us so I'm more looking at RT-AX86U Pro which have yet to show online also here in NA.
Yes indeed I'm living in Belgium.

Same thing here with AX86U, only workaround is to go back to 386.7_2. There is huge WiFi issue with 388 (All betas).

There's also a problem with Firewall. If I enable IPv4 firewall with IPv6 firewall all of my IPv6 client are naked on the internet (I can access my IPv6 client port all over the internet)

This is the first firmware with this type of stability issues. I don't think it's from the merlin side, maybe from broadcom or Asus. @RMerlin So i'm not the only one to experience stability issue on 388. IMHO this is the top priority for public release as this is unusable in a daily use (Remote working etc). Could you please inform Asus of that?

Thank you very much for your work! And for your involvement for all of us :) !

Edit: Removed WireGuard part

Last edited:
Wireguard is also a problem. If it's enabled the speeds are drops by half on speedtests (700 Mbps on iPhone 13 Pro vs 400 Mbps with WireGuard enabled).
This is the expected behavior, it's definitely not a stability issue as you state above.

Outside of Merlin's control, it is an ASUS issue, report it to them.
Do you even read my posts? "This is the first firmware with this type of stability issues. I don't think it's from the merlin side, maybe from broadcom or Asus. ..... Could you please inform Asus of that?" I think it will have more power if Merlin said it to Asus than a random user

It's an expected behavior to have half my usual speeds without even using an activated service? Why does that doesn't happen with OpenVPN so? I didn't say that I was using WireGuard, I just enabled it without any client connected to it
It has been talked about at length here. Enabling Wireguard causes Flow Cache to be disabled. This will have lower over all speed on connections over 400Mb/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.