What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 Beta is available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you even read my posts? "This is the first firmware with this type of stability issues. I don't think it's from the merlin side, maybe from broadcom or Asus. ..... Could you please inform Asus of that?" I think it will have more power if Merlin said it to Asus than a random user
Actually ASUS is very aware by now from every other user with your router model.

It has been talked about at length here. Enabling Wireguard causes Flow Cache to be disabled. This will have lower over all speed on connections over 400Mb/s.
Ok my bad on that point so, didn't now that disabling fc was having this huge impact on speeds

It has been talked about at length here. Enabling Wireguard causes Flow Cache to be disabled. This will have lower over all speed on connections over 400Mb/s.
If he have read first post he should know about it. Common behave to not read first.

If he have read first post he should know about it. Common behave to not read first.
Sorry I just searched how to reproduce the WiFi issues in order to help for resolution and mixed one problem with another. I've read almost all the page of the post in order to find a solution to the WiFi problem, just forget about the WireGuard part as I read it like 2-3 weeks ago

Sorry I just searched how to reproduce the WiFi issues in order to help for resolution and mixed one problem with another. I've read almost all the page of the post in order to find a solution to the WiFi problem, just forget about the WireGuard part as I read it like 2-3 weeks ago
My advice for WiFi is to use the minimalist approach. No extra features. Don't use smart connect, don't use WPA 3, don't use DFS channels etc.

If you need the basic settings I'll gladly post my settings in a separate thread for you.

My advice for WiFi is to use the minimalist approach. No extra features. Don't use smart connect, don't use WPA 3, don't use DFS channels etc.
Yes, I already use what you mention (No Smart connect, no DFS) but I use WPA 3 as it adds another layer of security. As I fallbacked to 386.7_2 I'm not really ready to retest 388 and factory reset another time to 386.7_2 :/ But thanks for the tips! :) I always try the minimalist approach as I always try to think security first (Although WiFi is less secure than cable it now provides better speeds now). Thanks for your help!

You either flash the ROG version of the firmware or the Classic version. You can't switch back and forth without reflashing the firmware again.
You misunderstand. What I was asking was if the EEPROM data was the same between GT-AX6000 "standard" and "rog" user-interface firmwares, so you can switch between the two without having to reconfigure anything or having strange stuff happen (or does the ROG version add extra data, e.g. for user-interface settings). I of course understand you need to flash the other firmware to change between them.

You misunderstand. What I was asking was if the EEPROM data was the same between GT-AX6000 "standard" and "rog" user-interface firmwares, so you can switch between the two without having to reconfigure anything or having strange stuff happen (or does the ROG version add extra data, e.g. for user-interface settings). I of course understand you need to flash the other firmware to change between them.
@RMerlin would be the best person to decide if switching back and forth using saved settings would work correctly or not. I personally don't see the point. If it's just colors that change and you like them stay with ROG.

Last edited:
388.1 Beta 3 is running fine on my RT-AX58U, system log looks ok and every feature i use works fine:

- AiProtection
- Adaptive QoS
- Traffic Analyzer - Statistic
- UPnP Media Server, Samba (smb v2)
- OpenVPN Server
- DNSSEC, UPnP Secure

Beta 3 feels better than Asus Official Fw.

What i haven't tried is WPA3 Personal but i only got one device (Dell G7 notebook) with WPA3 support, not sure if the Galaxy Tab A, Galaxy S8, Galaxy A71 or the AppleTV 4k supports WPA3. The old Toshiba Satellite and HP DV7 does not support WPA3.

@RMerlin would be the best person to decide if switching back and forth using saved settings would work correctly or not. I personally don't see the point. If it's just colors that change and you like them stay with ROG.
As I said, I might find initial setup easier with the "standard" interface and if the "rog" one has a bunch or gaming extras that might be nice afterwards.

As I said, I might find initial setup easier with the "standard" interface and if the "rog" one has a bunch or gaming extras that might be nice afterwards.
Probably saving settings in each GUI would be advisable rather than using one setting file to go between the two. IMHO. But you've likely thought of this.

I just got myself the GT-AX6000 and I noticed when using the stock AsusWRT firmware I can change between Symmetrical and Full-Cone NAT under WAN settings. Just like on my RT-AX88U. But after installing Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 BETA3 the option has disappeared. I seem to be able to toggle Full-Cone NAT via SSH, it's just not visible in the WebUI.

The setting is still visible and active on RT-AX88U.

Sorry if this has already been covered but should Bandwidth Monitor (basic no Apps) be working on an RT-AX88U? Everything else looks fine (no wifi issues, no DNS leaking, IPv4 and IPv6 firewalls look fine, no drops in connectivity, no complaints from the family) and I can see traffic in the System Status box and in Traffic Monitor, but nothing at all in Bandwidth Monitor (tested with Edge and Firefox under Windows 10 & 11)

Outside of Merlin's control, it is an ASUS issue, report it to them.
This is dismissive and unhelpful. Also, we don't know this as fact yet as we are still in discovery with what may be causing this.

I discovered an issue, unrelated to Merlin, in the firmware earlier with Beta 1 on the AXE-16000 and RMerlin worked with Asus engineers directly to create a temporary workaround until they can create a permanent resolution on their end.

Lets be real here. Whether we like it or not, we are indirect testers for Asus own firmware issues with access to firmware not released to the general public yet. Us communicating issues here is important.

That being said, I'm hoping RMerlin can comment whether he has any knowledge of the issue I shared in post #662 and whether it's something Asus is aware of.

The setting is still visible and active on RT-AX88U.

I'm running 388.1 BETA3 on my RT-AX88U as well and it's still visible in the WebUI on that one. Seems like this is simply an oversight on the AsusWRT-Merlin firmware for the GT-AX6000.

I just got myself the GT-AX6000 and I noticed when using the stock AsusWRT firmware I can change between Symmetrical and Full-Cone NAT under WAN settings. Just like on my RT-AX88U. But after installing Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 BETA3 the option has disappeared. I seem to be able to toggle Full-Cone NAT via SSH, it's just not visible in the WebUI.
RMerlin has already answered this question here.

Status
Not open for further replies.