What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 is now available for all supported Wifi 6 models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It would be nice if everyone posting here had a signature with their router model so anyone reading along can see what the postimg refers to.
Thanks...
Greetings to all!

It would be nice if everyone posting here had a signature with their router model so anyone reading along can see what the postimg refers to.
Thanks...
Greetings to all!
Agree. Signatures are great, and take a second to create.

Can't connect to NORDvpn, after fallback from ASUS the latest firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22238, back to Merlin 388.2 Alpha, but get the system Log:
ovpn-client1[8907]: --cipher is not set. Previous OpenVPN version defaulted to BF-CBC as fallback when cipher negotiation failed in this case. If you need this fallback please add '--data-ciphers-fallback BF-CBC' to your configuration and/or add BF-CBC to --data-ciphers.
Feb 10 13:19:11 ovpn-client1[8907]: Options error: You must define CA file (--ca) or CA path (--capath)
Feb 10 13:19:11 ovpn-client1[8907]: Use --help for more information.
Feb 10 13:19:11 openvpn: Starting OpenVPN client 1 failed!
Since there is no such setting in Merlin firmware , such as Cipher Negotation and Legacy/fallback cipher,
will there be any one here can help me to solve this problem.
or can I fill in something in the attached fields ?

Thanks
Asus GT-AXE11000 @388.2 Alpha
The cipher line is just a warning indicating that you might have issues if your remote end is running a very old version (older than 2.4). Your actual problem lies with the missing Certificate Authority certificate.

actual problem lies with the missing Certificate Authority certificate
Sorry RMerlin, I am just a layman only, I just don't know how to insert back the missing Certificate Authority certificate, here is my VPN client input screen. Pls help me how to insert back the missing Certificate Authority certificate. I tried to contact Nordvpn but they just said only have a guide for Asus Rapture routers when they have VPN Fusion option.

Thanks.

Attachments

• ScreenShot_20230210232701.jpeg
    ScreenShot_20230210232701.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Sorry RMerlin, I am just a layman only, I just don't know how to insert back the missing Certificate Authority certificate, here is my VPN client input screen. Pls help me how to insert back the missing Certificate Authority certificate

Thanks.
Upload the NordVPN ovpn file and configure the client again.

I tried to upload the related ovpn file and get the same result error-check configuration! and I had contacted NordVPN several times, they just said there is nothing wrong, but they just support Asus's VPN fusion only,

I tried to upload the related ovpn file and get the same result error-check configuration! and I had contacted NordVPN several times, they just said there is nothing wrong, but they just support Asus's VPN fusion only,
weird, cause i use nord/udp on my ax86u and it's fine. you may have to post your config for more help. oops, are you on 388.2? i missed that. shouldn't you be on a different thread?

Last edited:
weird, cause i use nord/udp on my ax86u and it's fine. you may have to post your config for more help.
I had already upload my VPN Client input screen above.

388.2 alpha is an unsupported alpha release for people that want to experiment with it. Go back to 388.1 and see if the same problem exists.
I tried fallback to 388.1, still get the same result

I tried fallback to 388.1, still get the same result
Check the VPN client "Keys and Certificates" (Static Key and Certificate Authority). They are part of the config file you downloaded from NordVPN but were missing in your post #825.

Check the VPN client "Keys and Certificates" (Static Key and Certificate Authority). They are part of the config file you downloaded from NordVPN but were missing in your post #825.
sorry, how to check ? I just a layman, I only know how to follow the instruction step by step only. As I had already contact NordVPN and they just said it seems normal in my VPN client setting

sorry, how to check ? I just a layman, I only know how to follow the instruction step by step only. As I had already contact NordVPN and they just said it seems normal in my VPN client setting
Don't forget to press tjhe "Apply" button after uploading the ovpn file you got from NordVPN. And do it againg after doing any changes, like entering your username and password.

It has happened to me before...

Been running 388.1 on my 3 routers with Torguard VPN, no problems since released. And I've been using Merlin for many years now.

Don't forget to press tjhe "Apply" button after uploading the ovpn file you got from NordVPN. And do it againg after doing any changes, like entering your username and password.

It has happened to me before...
I do press the Apply button in order to make the change, but the result are the same

Been running 388.1 on my 3 routers with Torguard VPN, no problems since released. And I've been using Merlin for many years now.
My router works fine before I installed Asus latest Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22238, it slow down and have a poor response time, so I fallback to the 388.2 Alpha 1, and restore all data will my backup, then the VPN showed error, I then initialize all the settings and reinstall 388.1, but get the same result. Will then be any expert on this area can help me here.

hi, sorry i was missing. I try to downgrade to 386.7_2 but disconnet with this log message, i dont know what happen.

Feb 11 22:05:45 pppd[6814]: Serial link appears to be disconnected.
Feb 11 22:05:45 wsdd2[7128]: error: wsdd-mcast-v4: wsd_send_soap_msg: send
Feb 11 22:05:46 WAN_Connection: Fail to connect with some issues.
Feb 11 22:05:51 pppd[6814]: Connection terminated.
Feb 11 22:05:51 pppd[6814]: Modem hangup
Feb 11 22:06:00 vnstatd[23383]: Interface "ppp0" disabled.

After installing this FW version in my AX88U I am facing an issue in the client list of the network map that did not occur me before (apart from that, it is working well so far): the client list view does not refresh (even pressing the refresh button, the moving circle does not appear), and when you press view list, all the data shown is also frozen (not updating), including the Tx and Rx Rate and connection time.

I have read here that network map has not worked well from ages (although it was fine for me in the past, without any issues in any of the previous FW) and that it is closed source, but I would like to know if there is a way to re-start this service without re-booting the router (after a reboot it works ... for some days, until it freezes again ..) just without disturbing the internet use of people at home.

The client list in Aimesh page seems to be updating and the wireless log also refreshes :( ...

Or maybe is it possible to be a corrupted database?
Any help or hint is welcomed.
Coming back to the problem, I have seen that around six days after the reboot, the client list is again frozen without possibility to refresh. Previous frozen state was also after around six days from reboot. Not a big deal but it is driving me nuts because I see not a clear relationship about the reason of six days working and from then, frozen ... Maybe is only a coincidence.

I have no problems of RAM (around 55% used) nor in the jffs partition.