What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin on DSL-N66U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

robs8

New Around Here
Hello Community!

Again, the same question. I want to ask you something about the functionality. Is there any version of Asuswrt-Merlin that runs on the Asus DSL-N66U?

Thanks! :D

Hello Community!

Again, the same question. I want to ask you something about the functionality. Is there any version of Asuswrt-Merlin that runs on the Asus DSL-N66U?

Thanks! :D

I dont think Merlin supports routers with built in modems. Here is the routers Merlin currently supports.

Official support:
RT-N16
RT-N66U
RT-AC66U
RT-AC56U
RT-AC68U
RT-AC87U

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello chaps

Any change since this was posted?

No. The DSL routers have closed source components and so not something Merlin can work with, as I recall.

Also, don't like to preach but you're probably better off just buying a separate router anyway, otherwise one breaks and you have to throw two things away if you buy integrated.

Hello chaps

Any change since this was posted?

No, and it never will. I have zero intention on supporting any DSL models, for multiple reasons, first one being I can't even test them.

No. The DSL routers have closed source components and so not something Merlin can work with, as I recall.

Also, don't like to preach but you're probably better off just buying a separate router anyway, otherwise one breaks and you have to throw two things away if you buy integrated.

What about to do firmware for this router without support of DSL? I am not using it. But I would like to upgrade to this firmware. :) ?

Merlin has made his position crystal clear many times, in this thread and others.

Do you know that it is not DSL router at all? There are two routers in one. So that I am not asking for DSL router. OK, could be one of completed firmwares similar? For example RT N66U?

Do you know that it is not DSL router at all? There are two routers in one. So that I am not asking for DSL router. OK, could be one of completed firmwares similar? For example RT N66U?
I understand what you are asking for but Merlin has stated that he will never produce firmware versions for the DSL- routers.

You can try loading the RT-N66U firmware on your DSL-N66U if you want. Or you (or someone else) can even take the source code a compile your own version.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!