What's new

AX3000 as wired router in a 2,5Gb LAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NätverksNils

New Around Here
Hi.
Would there be any downsides by using the AX3000 as a wired router (broadcaster off) in a 2.5 Gb lan with 2 xt8´s as multigig AP´s?

You don't have too many configuration options. Connect the two TX8's WAN ports to an 2.5GbE switch, connect AX3000 LAN port to the same switch. Try to run AX3000 as router and XT8's as nodes in wired AiMesh. You'll have up to Gigabit Internet, but Wi-Fi communication between devices connected to different nodes or Wi-Fi to wired devices may take advantage of 2.5GbE network. Not every switch works with AiMesh though, you have to experiment.

Thank you for the replys

I would just use the xt8´s as ap´s so no meshing around with Aimesh.
The real question is if the 3000 is up for the task or if i´m much better of with same tier (xt8) hw for routing?
I also wonder if making the 3000 silent will free up ram and lighten cpu-load i.e compensating for what it is lacking in hw. Making it more capable as "wired" router, just a theory i have.
Wan performance-wise i cant say i could tell the difference between them though, for my familys use anyway.
That is when i used the 3000´s in a wired backhaul and the xt8´s in wireless backhaul mode.

The real question is if the 3000 is up for the task or if i´m much better of with same tier (xt8) hw for routing?

Both are about the same. Same CPU cores at the same frequency. Routing is single core. Use AX3000 as router and XT8's as AP's.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!