What's new

[AX4200] Wireguard problem

  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

    SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

    Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

    The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!


New Around Here

I just got a new AX4200, got it updated to the latest firmware:
Its WAN Connection Type is PPPoE.
WAN DNS settings (in LAN tab / DHCP Server, DNS fields are empty):
  • Adguard Family ->,
  • Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS: no
  • Enable DNS Rebind protection: no
  • Enable client auto DoH: Auto
  • DNS Privacy Protocol: None

I have 2 questions about Wireguard and provided DNS:

1. Wireguard

I setup its DDNS (as my IP is dynamic): e5-...asuscomm.com
I enable Wireguard on my router with these configurations:
  • Access Intranet: on
  • Tunnel IPv4:
  • Port: 51820
  • Allow DNS: on
  • Enable NAT: on
  • Pre-shared key: on
  • Private key ... , public key ...
I add new Wireguard client on router, then download Wireguard app on my iPhone and starts to connect. It does not work, cannot load a webpage.
In Wireguard app on my iphone, I change DNS to, it does not work either.

Did I configure something wrong? Please show me how to fix.

2. DNS
As specified in my WAN DNS settings, I am using Adguard Family provided in the router settings.

However, when I use with my WIRED computer -> Ads are blocked; else (with my wireless/wifi devices), Ads are not blocked.
Why? How should I fix this?

Best regards,
I'd like to add additional information on my question #2:
My WIRED computer uses static IP address, while my wireless devices use dynamic, i.e. IP addresses are obtained from DHCP server
I'm not familiar with that specific router. That sounds like 2 problems not one. I'll try to help with the Wireguard one, as that's the thread title.

  • If as you say you are failing to connect to the router, then that's nothing to do with the router's DNS, because you are failing to get to that. => It's something at the client end which is failing.

  • In Android the Wireguard app has a log file so you can see what it's doing, and in your case why it's failing.
    Find that, and post it here, redacting anything which looks like a key or a password.
I got my 2 questions/problems solved, by simply switching from AdGuard Family to AdGuard. All work beautifully

Latest threads

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!