What's new

AX6000 failed to update firmware 3.0.0.6.102_21514

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Roy2002

Regular Contributor
I used iphone Asus app and found there is an update. I did not check anything but just hit the update button. Now the logo LED light is red and no wifi signal.

What should I do? Did not expect this since ASUS routers have been so reliable to me for almost 20 years.

UPDATE: The 3.0.0.6.102_21514 is buggy, I reverted back to 3.0.0.4.388.23285.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your experience @Roy2002.

I would never recommend using any 'app' to upgrade firmware or configure a router (Asus or otherwise).

Use a PC to connect to the router via the web browser instead.

I would never recommend using any 'app' to upgrade firmware or configure a router (Asus or otherwise).
The app simply triggers a firmware download from the routeri, just the same as if he did through the webui itself. It makes no difference, using the app is perfectly fine.

The app simply triggers a firmware download from the routeri, just the same as if he did through the webui itself. It makes no difference, using the app is perfectly fine.
With a laptop, I will download to laptop, then upload/update right? Same as app?

With a laptop, I will download to laptop, then upload/update right? Same as app?
You don't need to download anything to update to the latest version available on Asus' LiveUpdate services. The router downloads the file itself.

You don't need to download anything to update to the latest version available on Asus' LiveUpdate services. The router downloads the file itself.
Got it.

Just pressed the WPS to reset it. Will swap the router during the lunch.

Yes, that is what we would like it to do.

But the app needs access to everything on your phone/pad to work.

Not the same.

Not fine.

Even if the Asus app isn't hacked, other apps are and can access all information the Asus app knows about. That's the difference.

No, it doesn't.

A quick web search will prove that in seconds.

I recovered the router and it works since then. But there is a new problem. The iPhone ASUS app can no longer connect to the AX6000. I reinstalled the app and it cannot even find the router. Searched but cannot find any clue. Is it related to the new firmware? If so I would downgrade the firmware. This firmware gives me a lot of trouble.

UPDATE: The 3.0.0.6.102_21514 is buggy, I reverted back to 3.0.0.4.388.23285. Now I can connect to the routher with iphone app. I doubt if ASUS did test the new firmware for AX6000.

Last edited:
I recovered the router and it works since then. But there is a new problem. The iPhone ASUS app can no longer connect to the AX6000. I reinstalled the app and it cannot even find the router. Searched but cannot find any clue. Is it related to the new firmware? If so I would downgrade the firmware. This firmware gives me a lot of trouble.

UPDATE: The 3.0.0.6.102_21514 is buggy, I reverted back to 3.0.0.4.388.23285. Now I can connect to the routher with iphone app. I doubt if ASUS did test the new firmware for AX6000.

I confirm this. Router ended in a reboot loop upon upgrade to 3006. Now back to 3004 and all is well.

Sad thing is 3006 is full of new features (ASUSWRT5) and I feel missing out on those.

I confirm this. Router ended in a reboot loop upon upgrade to 3006. Now back to 3004 and all is well.

Sad thing is 3006 is full of new features (ASUSWRT5) and I feel missing out on those.
5here is a new app for firmware 3.0.0.6 Asus Expert WIFI

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!