What's new

Ax88u Slow WAN speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

After moving all the Ethernet cables off the router's Ports 5-8, be sure you try an electrical reset first (before doing a full reset).

Simply pull the power plug from the router and from the wall plug while leaving the router's power switch in the 'on' position. Wait a few minutes, and power it back up. Wait another few minutes after it has fully booted, then test.

Yes I knew I would not get over 1Gbps via the WAN
So from the ISP Speed test I get 1.61gbps DL & 963Mps UP

Connecting my PC directly to the ISP modem/router I get around 725Mbps DL/UP.
Like I said I was hoping to reach at least like you said 900/900

Then it is either the ISP's modem/router or your PC that is the limitation, not the Asus.

What ISP speed test, do they have one built into their router? If that is just on some troubleshooting page on their website or something I would not trust that number, who knows what it is actually testing.

Then it is either the ISP's modem/router or your PC that is the limitation, not the Asus.

What ISP speed test, do they have one built into their router? If that is just on some troubleshooting page on their website or something I would not trust that number, who knows what it is actually testing.
The speed I see from the ISP modem/router built in tool is 1.61gbps DL & 963Mps UP
From the router I get max 750-800 DL and the same for Upload.

For now I'll find some time to electrical reset and factory reset and see after that how it goes.

Thanks for the help!

After moving all the Ethernet cables off the router's Ports 5-8, be sure you try an electrical reset first (before doing a full reset).

Simply pull the power plug from the router and from the wall plug while leaving the router's power switch in the 'on' position. Wait a few minutes, and power it back up. Wait another few minutes after it has fully booted, then test.
Electrical Reset... Does it clear also the settings or only the factory reset does it?

The speed I see from the ISP modem/router built in tool is 1.61gbps DL & 963Mps UP
From the router I get max 750-800 DL and the same for Upload.

For now I'll find some time to electrical reset and factory reset and see after that how it goes.

Thanks for the help!

Ignore their built in tool. Connect your PC directly to their modem/router (wired) and see what speeds you get. If you're seeing 7xx there, it is nothing to do with the Asus.

Electrical Reset... Does it clear also the settings or only the factory reset does it?

No electrical reset will not reset any settings. If you're going to factory reset, you can just unplug the power adapter, then hold the WPS button (or whatever the "hard reset" procedure is for your model) while plugging it back in, that will take care of both electrical and factory reset.

An electrical reset and a full reset are not the same. Some routers may need both, and done multiple times each (with different methods for the latter), to be stable and back to a good/known state.

I'm suggesting the electrical reset first because it is a quick easy check to see if your router speeds will improve and save you some time from the full reset procedure.

An electrical reset and a full reset are not the same. Some routers may need both, and done multiple times each (with different methods for the latter), to be stable and back to a good/known state.

I'm suggesting the electrical reset first because it is a quick easy check to see if your router speeds will improve and save you some time from the full reset procedure.
Thanks for the clarification.
Also cleaning up the ports on my ax88u and reorganize them on my switch. I took the time to swap some old cables and make everything more clean.
All it's missing to try the electrical reset and see how it is after