What's new

AXE11000 AIMESH mix of backhaul - Guide?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DaninAZ

New Around Here
Current Config:

AXE11000 (Main)
-[WIRED BACKHAUL] ---> XT8
-[WIRELESS BACKHAUL] ---> AXE11000
(All current firmware)

The AXE11000 connected via wireless has a good 5G connection, however trying to connect my iphone through it always gives a password error. When I am back in the area of the other two (main or XT8), I have no problem connecting.

I must have a setting wrong as I only see the strong signal of the 6G ssid when in the area of the wireless axe11000

Does anyone have any type of guide to follow when configuring in this layout?

Thanks

Dan

I haven't added a 2nd wifi node but my understanding provided the AXE11000 was a clean install (reset held in 5 seconds to clean any previous data) the new node should have absorbed the same wifi password as well as the main router admin/password as the main router should you need to do firmware updates later.

Current Config:

AXE11000 (Main)
-[WIRED BACKHAUL] ---> XT8
-[WIRELESS BACKHAUL] ---> AXE11000
(All current firmware)

The AXE11000 connected via wireless has a good 5G connection, however trying to connect my iphone through it always gives a password error. When I am back in the area of the other two (main or XT8), I have no problem connecting.

I must have a setting wrong as I only see the strong signal of the 6G ssid when in the area of the wireless axe11000

Does anyone have any type of guide to follow when configuring in this layout?

Thanks

Dan

My install notes are my guide... no AX bits yet. I would install your 2xRT-AXE11000 AiMesh and save the XT8 for later, if necessary.

Be sure to reset all firmware before you configure it... from scratch.

OE

Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried removing all the XT8s, with one 11000 as the router and the other 11000 as the wireless node. Both running the same firmware. In this configuration, I see devices make connections but disconnect after about 30 seconds. Nothing seems to stay connected.

I'm going to reach out to Asus support to see if they have any further guidance.

Seems like this should just work...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried removing all the XT8s, with one 11000 as the router and the other 11000 as the wireless node. Both running the same firmware. In this configuration, I see devices make connections but disconnect after about 30 seconds. Nothing seems to stay connected.

I'm going to reach out to Asus support to see if they have any further guidance.

Seems like this should just work...
I'd encountered similar issues with my initial setup. My iOS devices couldn't connect to any wifi networks on the node and kept showing an incorrect password prompt..until I downgraded the firmware back to the original on both AXE11000 units (main router and node). Asus Tech Support weren't much help, but don't blame them, outsourced after all. Told them that their firmware update Version 3.0.0.4.386.42489 was responsible for the wifi device disconnections, incorrect password prompts and had to fix it by reflashing it back to Version 3.0.0.4.386.42026 out of the box. Now have the main router in Dual WAN mode 1Gbps + 1Gbps which is working well so far after some initial hiccups and all my iOS devices can connect to all wifi networks even on the node.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!