What's new

[Beta 382] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.2 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly the same firewall-related issue then, that was the only change since alpha 2 related to VPN.

You can delete the rule, however it will be re-added next time the firewall service gets restarted.

Code:
iptables -D FORWARD -o eth0 ! -i br0 -j logdrop

(you might need to replace eth0 with ppp0 if using PPPoE).

Thanks! your workaround works :) I have made an adjustment in my custom script in /jffs/scripts so that it comes right after a reboot. I never restart the firewall by myself, so that should be fine.

Over 2 days of uptime on Merlin’s 382.2 beta 1 and it’s been rock solid. Nothing of consequence in logs, but I run just a simple home user setup with about 7 devices.

Prior to this, ran the 382.18881 Asus release and uptime was 15 days. Love the Merlin extras like tools, site survey and the updated wireless log. Much better features than the Asus release.

One thing to note:

Merlin’s firmware fixed a web gui crash I was experiencing running 18881 under system status, then clicking on status tab or the 2.4 ghz / 5 ghz tabs.

Thank you Merlin and happy new year!

Last edited:
I'm currently pushing 382.2 Beta 2 to the mirror sites, uploads should be there in a couple of minutes.

Code:
a6ed57e httpd: hardcode WAN interface as eth0 for Adaptive QoS upstream data gathering
11bb51f webui: reworked OpenVPN server client list display
d7969d7 firewall: don't drop ovpn traffic sent to wan along the rest of foreign outbound traffic
e46fde9 Bump version to beta 2

I'm currently pushing 382.2 Beta 2 to the mirror sites, uploads should be there in a couple of minutes.
Updated without a hitch. Thank you for all your hard work!

Code:
a6ed57e httpd: hardcode WAN interface as eth0 for Adaptive QoS upstream data gathering
11bb51f webui: reworked OpenVPN server client list display
d7969d7 firewall: don't drop ovpn traffic sent to wan along the rest of foreign outbound traffic
e46fde9 Bump version to beta 2
My issue is resolved after putting 382.2 Beta 2 on both the participating Asus routers. RT-AC3100 and RT-AC68U updated and running perfect.

Thanks, I now see the QoS Stats for Upload on my RT-AC68U.

Hello. Firmware version 382.2_beta2 has the same problem with NTP pre-configurations (table) for countries as the previous version :). I had to change the winter/summer time setting myself. The data for my country was the same for the beginning, even for the end of daylight saving time (the month number, the Sunday number in this month, the 0 or 1 hour increase). I have set all the necessary values for my country manually and it seems to work.

Happy New Year @RMerlin and everyone!

I've updated my AC3100 to 382.2 Beta 2 from the latest Alpha 2. Traffic monitor per device still doesn't work properly for me. Hostname/device names are not shown (I previously reported it here). This function worked perfectly fine on 380.68_4.

I have tried factory reset and re-created/reset IPTraffic data files. My dhcp_staticlist length is 2,370 characters which is less than the reported 2,500 limit.

What should I do to make it work great again? Thanks!

Itol68k.png

Looks like this weird Real-Time Traffic Analyzer bug has crept back in. It thinks I've transferred 24 GB in just a few seconds when it really hasn't. This is 382.2 beta 2 on RT-AC68U with NAT Acceleration disabled.

FNxAKco.png

Well, looks like it is Firefox 57.0.3 specific. Internet Explorer and Chrome don't cause it to happen. Will try some other versions of Firefox I have.

Last edited:
One problem that seems to have squeaked through is QOS not starting when the router is rebooted. I noticed it was not working when checking for stats. The stats were clear. No chart no nothing. I shut down QOS and restarted it now my charts are back as well as stats. I have reset to factory defaults using the button on the back of the router. Manually configured everything by hand. So I'm certain its not my process. QOS is still messed up on a reboot on AC3100.

One problem that seems to have squeaked through is QOS not starting when the router is rebooted. I noticed it was not working when checking for stats. The stats were clear. No chart no nothing. I shut down QOS and restarted it now my charts are back as well as stats. I have reset to factory defaults using the button on the back of the router. Manually configured everything by hand. So I'm certain its not my process. QOS is still messed up on a reboot on AC3100.

Getting this on the newest router:

Jan 1 19:25:50 kernel: ERR[parse_qos_conf:932] Can't set new QoS conf while QoS is started!
Jan 1 19:25:50 kernel: ERR[ioctl_iqos_op_config:3592] parse qos_conf error!!
Jan 1 19:25:50 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_config() fail!
Jan 1 19:25:50 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3344] QoS is already started!
Jan 1 19:25:50 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!
Jan 1 19:25:50 rc_service: udhcpc 7793:notify_rc start_firewall

Updated in my AC68u and the QoS is showing only 100 / 100 mb for limit and I wish I could see 1 gb of bandwidth

Thanks Eric. A simple quick fix for now. Waiting for more exciting feature and fixes.
By the way reminder to all people this is beta and we are suppose to help detect and debugging the bugs. Be patient and respectful.

For those we need the quick Openvpn to be permanent for now, can add the notables command to firewall-start script.
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/User-scripts

Have fun and detect more bugs pls. Haha

* saw the new beta2 already out..
* OpenVPN server now working as smooth as butter. Thanks

Last edited:
I have my traffic data stored on a USB stick plugged into the back of the router on a AC68P (which is supposed to make it persist through a reboot?). When I updated the firmware, I lost all the traffic data stats before today. Is this normal? Installed 382.2_beta2.

However, the individual stats under the dropdown, real-time shows the stats just not on the statistics tab.

Also, is there a way to track wireless stuff with the ac68P like packets dropped and general trouble information?

Last edited:
I have my traffic data stored on a USB stick plugged into the back of the router on a AC68P (which is supposed to make it persist through a reboot?). When I updated the firmware, I lost all the traffic data stats before today. Is this normal? Installed 382.2_beta2.

However, the individual stats under the dropdown, real-time shows the stats just not on the statistics tab.

Also, is there a way to track wireless stuff with the ac68P like packets dropped and general trouble information?

My understanding is that the traffic data stored on the USB stick is just the daily and monthly totals from the drop-down; otherwise, you loose this data after a reboot or firmware flash. The Statistics tab data from the Trend Micro Engine is not stored on the USB stick. I lost all my Trend Micro Statistics as well. My normal daily and monthly totals accessed from the drop-down remained intact. I don't think Merlin has any control over the Trend Micro stuff.

That one I cannot fix, the bug lies in the closed source Trend Micro code. Asus confirmed that they had already fixed it in a later release, so unfortunately 382.2 will have to be released with that known issue - nothing I can do until we get newer GPL for a future release.

Getting this on the newest router:

Same error in the stock firmware, outside of my control.

Updated in my AC68u and the QoS is showing only 100 / 100 mb for limit and I wish I could see 1 gb of bandwidth

Some people mentioned it will automatically adjust based on throughput, but it doesn't work with all browsers.

Not possible, wireless code is closed source, and Broadcom does not provide their visualizer application on older models, only the HND platform used by the RT-AC86U.

I don't think Merlin has any control over the Trend Micro stuff.

The Trend Micro traffic analyzer database is stored in JFFS. Due to the new Trend Micro engine and some JFFS reorganization by Asus, it's possible that 380 data does not get migrated to 382.

I've updated my AC3100 to 382.2 Beta 2 from the latest Alpha 2. Traffic monitor per device still doesn't work properly for me. Hostname/device names are not shown (I previously reported it here). This function worked perfectly fine on 380.68_4.

I can't reproduce it here. Do you have any special configuration to either dnsmasq or on your DHCP/DNS parameters?

Also open your browser console and look for any Javascript errors.

I installed on AC88U latest 382.2 beta 2 and i can not Enable VPN IPSEC. When click on apply nothing change.

Updated from beta1 to beta2 and the QOS upload pie disappeared on QOS statistics tab. With beta1 this feature worked normally

lYywZ4j.png

I'm with RT-AC86U on PPPoE connection. Maybe this is the reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!