What's new

[Beta 382] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.2 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 12.49.47.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 12.49.47.png
    325.1 KB · Views: 375
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 12.50.02.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 12.50.02.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 623
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 12.50.13.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 12.50.13.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 578
Is the wireless driver updated in 382 for RT-AC68 comparing to the 380.xx branch?

That is the VPN Cliënt option! The problem is the VPN Server.

Hi Erik, and Happy new Year to all.

Im testing on RT-AC56U. Work fine, but I have some issues:

-HTTPS webui take a lot of time to up. Once is up, is fine, probably because some crash or cert generation...
-HTTPS custom cert dont work, don't detect our custom certs, webui dont let you upload either or set persistent certs
-New Firmware alert (in top) is present, what I do not know if it's like that by design for using the beta

1 question ?
I have new Notebook with Intel 8265 card .. and get onliy 12.4MB/s conetcted with 866
(ruters gui freezes during transfer.. ugraded to lates beta.. it was the same with lates stable..)
router rt68U
latest intel drivers 20.10.2.2

My old one 6300 AGN sill get around 19-22 MB/s connected..

5G network ..

tried various different wifi settings - with practically no change) :(

do I need new router ?

Ladies and gentlemen... be patient.. Merlin’s is bumping 382.2.beta2 now.. he will release fix for the openvpn anytime soon.. I hope... still new year mood... let’s enjoy this festival season... cheers!!

Hi @RMerlin - Thanks for your hard work and Happy New Year.

I'm pleased to say that my RT-AC68U has been up constantly on 382.2 Beta 1 for 2 days now. Other than the minor issue with QoS stats not displaying the upload data, I am pleased to say that my router is performing flawlessly although my usage may be different to other people:
  • I do not use WiFi on my RT-AC68U as I have a separate mesh system
  • I do heavily depend on QoS because my bandwidth is only just enough for my needs.
  • I do not use VPN services (although I am planning to start connecting to my LAN via VPN soon)
One thing that might help other people is that I got rid of the flashing exclamation which indicates a firmware update available. I can't be sure, but I think it disappeared after I did a Signature Update to version 2.048 from the version that was in the firmware. Certainly mine has now gone away.

As a Beta 1 this is looking very positive and general performance is very good.

to be precise regarding my bug report:
the selected openvpn client profile of my rt-68u is not restarted automatically after reboot.
Always the client 1 profile is used.

The openvpn with goose is very very poor if it is directly installed in the rt68u. using the windows program gives normal speeds.

the download and upload rate is not shown in the asus app (dashboards)

@RMerlin are we certain that its the firewall which causes the openvpn issue? I've been trying to solve this since yesterday but nothing seems to work and I can't change the server config either.

Nice! :) Do you know if we can solve this problem manually earlier? Or do you have an idea when beta 2 comes out?
I’m not experienced like you and many folks here, so I have no idea how to fix this issue. No idea when he’ll release the update, but he’s definitely already on it. He updated the reserved post in this thread with the update.

Have a Happy New Year!

Strange this worked with the latest alpha.....hmmmm.

Possibly the same firewall-related issue then, that was the only change since alpha 2 related to VPN.

I loaded the latest 382.2 Beta1 firmware on my AC86U and AC68U and I am not seeing the new IPSec Tabs or options for an IPSec VPN.

IPSec is not available on all models. The RT-AC86U is currently not supported.

Can we solve this manually? or do we need beta 2 for this problem?

You can delete the rule, however it will be re-added next time the firewall service gets restarted.

Code:
iptables -D FORWARD -o eth0 ! -i br0 -j logdrop

(you might need to replace eth0 with ppp0 if using PPPoE).

Is the wireless driver updated in 382 for RT-AC68 comparing to the 380.xx branch?

Yes, it contains the KRACK patch among other potential changes.

-HTTPS webui take a lot of time to up. Once is up, is fine, probably because some crash or cert generation...
-HTTPS custom cert dont work, don't detect our custom certs, webui dont let you upload either or set persistent certs

That's a problem related to Chrome, no known solution. For Firefox, same issue happens with the latest Firefox release, however in this case it can be fixed by deleting all the certificates it already had memorized for your router. Seems to be a bug in FX 57 when you have too many memorized certificate for a specific site.

@RMerlin are we certain that its the firewall which causes the openvpn issue? I've been trying to solve this since yesterday but nothing seems to work and I can't change the server config either.

If you are referring to the server not allowing redirected WAN traffic, yes. You can even see the traffic count of that rule increase as you try to transfer through your tunnel.

If you are referring to the server not allowing redirected WAN traffic, yes. You can even see the traffic count of that rule increase as you try to transfer through your tunnel.

Thanks, I tried your command:

Code:

but thats what I get:

Code:
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

I do have the rule as well and trying to remove it using the line number, does get it removed but it doesnt solve the issue.

Thanks, I tried your command:

Code:

but thats what I get:

Code:
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

I do have the rule as well and trying to remove it using the line number, does get it removed but it doesnt solve the issue.

Then your issue is a different one.

Then your issue is a different one.

Issuing:
Code:
 iptables -L FORWARD -v --line-numbers
Returns:
Code:
2       12   624 DROP       all  --  !br0   eth0    anywhere             anywhere
After that, typing:
Code:
 iptables -D FORWARD 2
Removes the rule.

Does your command do something different?

PS: NM it actually works when I delete that rule even using my way. It just took some seconds for my computer to use the Internet through the tunnel. All good! Thanks for the solution.

Last edited:
Does your command do something different?

My command does the same thing, however not knowing which number your table used (iptraffic will cause it to be shifted a few entries down), that's why I went with the literal command. But yours will do just fine provided the number stays the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!