What's new

[Beta 382] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.2 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the bash scripts help you .-) , especially services-stop and services-start:
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/User-scripts

Thread with overclocking is here (read especially pages 6 and 7):
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/o...in-378-56_2-rt-ac68u-and-rt-n66u.28043/page-6

I think CPU overclocking is not a problem related to the beta testing firmware ^^.

Thanks for the links. Will check out later.

I agree. Apologies for sidetracking the conversation on beta testing to overclocking.

Back to beta testing everyone! :)

Does 382 work RT-AC68P?

Per Merlin's "Supported Devices" page it says it does.
But, per the readme file in the .zip, it does not say if 68P works.

I do see two posts on this thread where people appear to have uploaded 382 to their AC68P.

Does anyone know for sure?
thx

Anyone else able to setup Alexa/ifttt? Like some earlier post I've seen I'm not able to get the code to take, failing authentication.
This happens for both Alexa and IFTTT accounts on rt-ac88u.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Anyone else able to setup Alexa/ifttt? Like some earlier post I've seen I'm not able to get the code to take, failing authentication.
This happens for both Alexa and IFTTT accounts on rt-ac88u.

Do you have the Lets Encrypt cert status successful and WAN access enabled? Must have both for it to work.

Do you have the Lets Encrypt cert status successful and WAN access enabled? Must have both for it to work.
I'm using my own cert and yes wan is reachable. SSL is a valid cert... Guess that's still not an option for Alexa/ifttt support.

RT-AC86U

aicloud doesn't work on 382.2 beta1 and 2, it worked on 382.1_2.

/tmp/home/root# /usr/sbin/lighttpd -f /tmp/lighttpd.conf -D
2018-01-04 11:30:21: (plugin.c.223) dlopen() failed for: /usr/lib/mod_aicloud_invite.so libdl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2018-01-04 11:30:21: (server.c.806) loading plugins finally failed

TY Sir! That did the trick.

Now I guess I need to figure out what's up with the IFTTT not properly linking... Wondering if the 2FA on my IFTTT account has anything to do with it though it's not prevented me from linking it to other devices/services in the past.

Quote me if you find a way to link the router to IFTTT, I am in the same phase stucked with no CODE to link, maybe we need the Alexa to do it

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 712
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 655
I have upgraded my AC68U from 380.69 to 382.2 beta 2 and I’m having problems establishing the VPN connection using same settings (all configured manually from scratch). I’m using AES-256-CBC in configuration but I can see in log that AES-256-CTR is used regardless of the algorithm selected in OVPN config and I think that’s the reason of my issue.

Log detail with AES-256-CBC selected in OVPN configuration pages.

Control Channel Encryption: Cipher 'AES-256-CTR' initialized with 256 bit key
Jan 4 05:01:37 ovpn-server1[2479]: Outgoing Control Channel Encryption: Using 256 bit message hash 'SHA256' for HMAC authentication
Jan 4 05:01:37 ovpn-server1[2479]: Incoming Control Channel Encryption: Cipher 'AES-256-CTR' initialized with 256 bit key
Jan 4 05:01:37 ovpn-server1[2479]: Incoming Control Channel Encryption: Using 256 bit message hash 'SHA256' for HMAC authentication

Regards.

I have upgraded my AC68U from 380.69 to 382.2 beta 2 and I’m having problems establishing the VPN connection using same settings (all configured manually from scratch). I’m using AES-256-CBC in configuration but I can see in log that AES-256-CTR is used regardless of the algorithm selected in OVPN config and I think that’s the reason of my issue.

Log detail with AES-256-CBC selected in OVPN configuration pages.

Control Channel Encryption: Cipher 'AES-256-CTR' initialized with 256 bit key
Jan 4 05:01:37 ovpn-server1[2479]: Outgoing Control Channel Encryption: Using 256 bit message hash 'SHA256' for HMAC authentication
Jan 4 05:01:37 ovpn-server1[2479]: Incoming Control Channel Encryption: Cipher 'AES-256-CTR' initialized with 256 bit key
Jan 4 05:01:37 ovpn-server1[2479]: Incoming Control Channel Encryption: Using 256 bit message hash 'SHA256' for HMAC authentication

Regards.

Disable Cipher negotiation.

RT-AC86U

aicloud doesn't work on 382.2 beta1 and 2, it worked on 382.1_2.

/tmp/home/root# /usr/sbin/lighttpd -f /tmp/lighttpd.conf -D
2018-01-04 11:30:21: (plugin.c.223) dlopen() failed for: /usr/lib/mod_aicloud_invite.so libdl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2018-01-04 11:30:21: (server.c.806) loading plugins finally failed

Was a bug in the build process which included the wrong version of the files, fixed.

Updated from beta1 to beta2 and the QOS upload pie disappeared on QOS statistics tab. With beta1 this feature worked normally

HND-specific issue (HND uses an older version of libbwdpi which isn't properly using the hardcoded eth0 interface yet). Fixed with this commit.

I am getting 100% with no full activity of my entire link

You will need to run the "top" command over SSH to determine what is using your CPU. Most common source is the DLNA media server doing a USB scan.

also I am getting these alerts, what it is? and how to solve it

You are being targeted by a malware trying to see if your router is vulnerable, and the IPS is properly blocking and reporting them. Working as expected there. Welcome to today's Internet, malware scans are part of the Internet's background noise these days.

What should I do to make it work great again? Thanks!

Can't reproduce it here, and since networkmap is now closed source, I have no idea what is going on either. Do you have anything particular on your network, for instance are you using a network wider than a /24? Previously, networkmap didn't properly support subnets larger than a /24, that might cause issues with any service interfacing with networkmap. Also, Asus seems to be limiting the webui's clientlist to 100 entries max, so if you somehow have more than 100 connected clients, they might not all resolve to their hostname on that page.

Last edited:
I installed on AC88U latest 382.2 beta 2 and i can not Enable VPN IPSEC. When click on apply nothing change.

Works for me. Open your browser console and look for any Javascript error when you click on Apply.

Just upgraded to the 382.2 beta2 on my 68U and when trying to login to my https router admin interface through Firefox 57 I just get booted back onto my login screen with the following error in the console:

Code:
Source map error: TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.
Resource URL: moz-extension://dbeb8fb4-9a0d-46be-8468-0726a2d82090/lib/webextension-polyfill/dist/browser-polyfill.min.js
Source Map URL: browser-polyfill.min.js.map

I had initially enabled Lets Encrypt but disabled it once the error began. Curiously, I am able to successfully login to the admin page with Chrome 63 just fine :confused:. Has anyone else been able to overcome this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!