What's new

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2018-2-13_0-28-5.png

I saw ASUS posted Source Code of 3.0.0.4.384.20308 on Support Page... Please merge with Merlin!

Flipping through all all the settings I could see, changed the Wireless from the Default of China to USA. That worked ok, after that took another stab at loading 384.3 beta3 and on the 4th attempt it uploaded ok.

It's strange, but I have the same type of the router - AC86U, and don't have a region settings on
Wireless - Professional page.
ac86u-wifipro-2-4GHz.png ac86u-wifipro-5GHz.png

I tried to save a few bucks and bought the cheapest RT-AC86U I could find.
Unfortunately it's a Eastern European version without my native language and other scandinavian countries.

90IG0401-BN3000 - territory_code: EE/02 (mine)
90IG0401-BM3000 - should have bought this
90IG0401-BU9000 - or this

I await response from ASUS to my question of which version(s) is intended for my country.
The seller I bought the router from had these three versions but the two others were $50-$60 more expensive.

Just for fun I also asked if they could send me the correct bootloader for my territory :)

Edit: I try to collect a list of the SKUs.

Last edited:
@RMerlin, any plans on supporting 382 in near future ? Waiting for some features like HDD hibernation others.. Do not want go back to asus wrt :) Your firmware much better :)

@RMerlin, any plans on supporting 382 in near future ? Waiting for some features like HDD hibernation others.. Do not want go back to asus wrt :) Your firmware much better :)

There's no separate 382 branch. 382.3 evolved into 384.3. All models supported by Asuswrt-Merlin will be under that same code branch.

BTW, disk sleep feature has been part of Asuswrt-Merlin for years, it's only new for the stock firmware. I added that around 2012 or 2013:

Code:
3.0.0.3.162.14:
   - NEW: Spin down disks after (user-configurable) inactivity timeout
          (using Jeff Gibbons' sd-idle-2.6)

Last edited:
Where can I find a list of all territory codes?)

I think Wikipedia has a list, however I'm not sure if Broadcom strictly follows it, or if they have their own extensions.

very early kernel boot messages:

The oops message is normal, it simply indicates RAM didn't contain a recognized signature in the buffer that will contain the last reboot's crash message (if it did crash).

The rest are not unusual with NAND - those frequently have a few bad blocks (my own RT-AC86U has two of them), and the controler is smart enough to handle them.

AiProtection related:

Random issue that happens to some people, never figured out what was causing it. I only ever experienced once, and reconfiguring Adaptive QoS fixed it. Since that code is closed source, I can't really troubleshoot it.

QOS related:

Ignore these. They also occur with the stock firmware. Again, cannot roubleshoot the cause, they don't seem to cause any issue. I suspect it's a timing issue, where services get restarted while they are already in the process of being setup. The new engine takes much longer to initialize the QoS rules for instance, and also parsing the signature file takes longer - the new signatures are over twice as large as the old engine signatures.

TAP-Interface

Probably EMF trying to deal with the OpenVPN interfaces. Should be safe to ignore.

Activating Asus nat tunnel "feature" seems to help discovering 2,4 GHz WLAN clients.

This option has nothing to do with wireless. And in fact, it won't do anything unless you reboot your router after changing it.

Flashed Beta 3 this morning. Seems stable. Still waiting on next releases for the newer code base.

I upgraded my RT-AC56U to 384.3 beta 3 from 380.69.2. Did not factory reset (I will after the final version if I don't have to in the meantime).
I've had no issues so far. The only error I saw in the log was: kernel: *** ERROR: [tdts_shell_ioctl_sig_op_load:95] tdts_core_rule_parsing_trf_load() fail!
Searching for that error results in this, and then I realized I don't see the signature row on the upgrade page anymore. It doesn't bother me and I don't use AiProtection. I just wanted to report it in case it's a bug.

You might want to factory reset after going from 380 to 384.

I have noticed a problem with web history in adaptive Qos not working.
It will not show history for any device when you choose from the drop down bar.
I’m not sure if it is something I’ve done but it was working ok before I updated to the beta.
I have the AC68U.
Everything else appears to be working great though.

I had that problem with my AC68u in the Alpha trial. It would show ALL history but not device specific web history. However it works OK now in Beta 3 for all and each device. I would suggest a reboot and if that does not fix it try a factory initialize (if its important enough).

I had that problem with my AC68u in the Alpha trial. It would show ALL history but not device specific web history. However it works OK now in Beta 3 for all and each device. I would suggest a reboot and if that does not fix it try a factory initialize (if its important enough).

I’ve rebooted a couple of times and still no joy in getting it working.
I will give it a factory reset later and see if that works.
Thanks for the advice :)

The system log 384.3 beta3 is doing funny stuff again. When you first load up the firmware (beta3) and factory initialize in a RT-AC68U it seems the system time zone is GMT. However when you set the time zone to your part of the world... the dnsmasq-dhcp system log entries continue to get a GMT time stamp while all the other system log entries get time stamped with the local time.

Attachments

• Capturesyslog.PNG
    Capturesyslog.PNG
    493.4 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:
Random issue that happens to some people, never figured out what was causing it. I only ever experienced once, and reconfiguring Adaptive QoS fixed it. Since that code is closed source, I can't really troubleshoot it.

Please, can you explain more about what did you do with Adaptative QoS to fix AiProtection? I can confirm that with this error in log, AiProtection is not loaded correctly into memory thus not working although seems ok in admin ui

Bug in traffic analyzer - statistic tab. RT-ac68u. There are 12 clients active at the moment on this device. The graph on the upper half of the page works correctly for the daily report for all 12 clients. However the title and stats table in the lower half only display the stats for the first 6 clients. Clients 7-12 show a frozen title and table last seen for the client 6. Photo attached - client 6 was android, showing selected is client 7 cisco spa ata... table title and table stats don't update for 7-12. Same for weekly and monthly.

Also may be a bug with the All clients / All apps pull down selector. When you change an all clients display by switching from daily to weekly or monthly it flips the selector from all clients to all apps even though you did not not change the router/application button. You then have to flip the router/app button back and forth until all clients comes back.

Attachments

• Capturetrafficanalyzer stats 3843beta3.PNG
    Capturetrafficanalyzer stats 3843beta3.PNG
    387.2 KB · Views: 373
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!