What's new

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-merlin 384.4 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed Beta 2 on my RT-AC1900P and saw these messages in the log:
Feb 13 18:00:14 lldpd[326]: cannot get ethtool link information with GLINKSETTINGS (requires 4.9+): Operation not permitted
Feb 13 18:00:14 lldpd[326]: cannot get ethtool link information with GSET (requires 2.6.19+): Operation not permitted

Are they anything to be concerned about?

Hi Merlin,
Everything is working fine except mobile browsing.
I don't see other issues.
OpenVPN oke
DHCP oke
Parent controll oke

So thnx for the hard work!
539ec282da84227d6b2e17e4ff693c13.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk

People upgrading from firmware 380.xx are strongly recommended to do a factory default reset following the upgrade, and to manually reconfigure their router.
First, Thank you very much RMerlin for your work and such a great support for this community. I tried to do search and couldn't find the answer i was looking for and related to "manually reconfigure their router". Could i use NVRAM Save/Restore Utility for this or it has to be a completely manually reconfigured. I am sorry if this already been talked about. Thanks in advance.

I just installed Beta 2 on my RT-AC1900P and saw these messages in the log:
Feb 13 18:00:14 lldpd[326]: cannot get ethtool link information with GLINKSETTINGS (requires 4.9+): Operation not permitted
Feb 13 18:00:14 lldpd[326]: cannot get ethtool link information with GSET (requires 2.6.19+): Operation not permitted

Are they anything to be concerned about?

No, just ignore them.

Upgraded my AC68P from 380.69 to 384.4 and did a factory reset per guidance. Setup went smooth and was able to leverage AMTM to install AB-Solution, Entware, PixelServ, Skynet, DNSCrypt, OpenVPN (PIA @ SHA256), and AIProtection\Network Protection. Everything is working perfectly following some slight configuration adjustments. Most notably, I had originally had Accept DNS Configuration set to Exclusive, but to get AB-Solution, Skynet, and DNSCrypt to function with OpenVPN, I had to change to Strict.

I have read on here that the AC86U is the only router in the Asus Merlin compatible series with an on-board encryption chip that greatly improves OpenVPN speeds. I get around 25Mbps with SHA256 and wonder if that would be a good upgrade to increase the overall performance and get closer to the 100Mbps that my ISP supports? I saw the AC87U recently at around the same price point, but it seemed that the AC86U might be the better option with encryption considered.

384.4 on board:)

Do not see any problems.

simultanously installed deluge at entware and noticed lower CPU utilization comparing to transmission, probably it is not due to firmare itself but makes me happier:)

Hi @RMerlin,

Possible bug. Site survey will not load. Cleared cache of both browsers (Safari and IE). I also performed a reset to factory default (initialize).

Prior build it was working with both browsers. When it scans, it just hangs on searching for networks. RT-AC1900P.

Screenshot attached of all I see in log.

Thanks.

Attachments

• CC8E5126-6BFC-4ECC-A807-DEC2BE3A60A9.jpeg
    CC8E5126-6BFC-4ECC-A807-DEC2BE3A60A9.jpeg
    4.6 KB · Views: 545
@RMerlin I have same problem. Site survey just spins trying to load a list. AC3100. Syslog shows this only:
Code:
Mar  6 09:41:28 rc_service: httpd 431:notify_rc restart_wlcscan
Same thing is happening on my AC68U.

Last edited:
Mar 6 09:41:28 rc_service: httpd 431:notify_rc restart_wlcscan

Same on my AC88u and as far as I remember this log used to drop earlier while running Site Survey so this log gives no clue about the problem I guess.

Question about Daylight Savings Time.

Can’t set it for 1 hour time change EST. Is this a known issue in the stock firmware? I thought I had it set correctly, but after doing a reset It won’t change from 2 hours or even the weeks can’t change.

Thanks.

Same on my AC88u and as far as I remember this log used to drop earlier while running Site Survey so this log gives no clue about the problem I guess.

Ditto about Site Survey being unresponsive on beta2. My AC68P is running in AP-only mode and all has been perfectly stable throughout 384.3 and 384.4, until this hiccup with beta2. Many thanks Merlin!

As another data point, the Site Survey is working on both of my AC87 access points (running 384.4 beta2). Also, everything seems good on my main router AC86. Well done @RMerlin !

DST settings not changable, we need 5th sunday in march and october for EU, but after apply old setting 2nd will be shown again.
Worked with previous 384.3 as well as 384.4_beta1 where it has been set to 5th.
Occours on both units 68 and 86U, broken since 384.4_beta2.

Will be an urgent problem this weekend!

Last edited:
First, Thank you very much RMerlin for your work and such a great support for this community. I tried to do search and couldn't find the answer i was looking for and related to "manually reconfigure their router". Could i use NVRAM Save/Restore Utility for this or it has to be a completely manually reconfigured. I am sorry if this already been talked about. Thanks in advance.

Hi bratik!

Do it manually. It is more reliable. Do not use restore utility. :)

I have read on here that the AC86U is the only router in the Asus Merlin compatible series with an on-board encryption chip that greatly improves OpenVPN speeds. I get around 25Mbps with SHA256 and wonder if that would be a good upgrade to increase the overall performance and get closer to the 100Mbps that my ISP supports?

The RT-AC86U shouldn't even break a sweat to reach 100 Mbps.

The RT-AC87U is not really an update, it uses the same BCM4709 CPU as the RT-AC68P.

Possible bug. Site survey will not load. Cleared cache of both browsers (Safari and IE). I also performed a reset to factory default (initialize).

I'll have to check. Asus made some changes in 380_20379 relative to the scan process, there's a chance that change might not be compatible for all router models, since some of them are still on 20308 binary blobs. Frickin' closed source components, once again...

Can’t set it for 1 hour time change EST. Is this a known issue in the stock firmware? I thought I had it set correctly, but after doing a reset It won’t change from 2 hours or even the weeks can’t change.

Asus has been changing that section of the code every single release these past months, occasionally breaking it completely. It's possible they might have broken it again.

Will be an urgent problem this weekend!

It's a beta build. If dealing with potential bugs is a problem, then you should stick to stable releases.

Same dst problem on my ac87u on beta2

Thought I'd add that on my RT-AC68U, can't change the DST setting. The end time needs to be the 1st Sunday in November, not the 2nd. Now, it is correct for the upcoming weekend which is the 2nd Sunday in March. Anyway, I change the setting, hit apply and the old setting remains.

Edit: I see it's something ASUS broke. Will wait to see wait happens with next iteration.

384.4 on board:)

Do not see any problems.

simultanously installed deluge at entware and noticed lower CPU utilization comparing to transmission, probably it is not due to firmare itself but makes me happier:)

Hi! In what model did you instal?

Thank you for the detailed response, Eric. I appreciate all your hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!