What's new

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might possibly be fixed by this, however I haven't looked at it.

is this something you will consider trying/checking for one of the next beta releases?
I'm available to try a test build if you need help.

Any Idea what this means

[2018/05/04 22:11:58.473644, 0] smbd/negprot.c:706(reply_negprot)
May 4 22:11:58 smbd[23579]: No protocol supported !

Also received an error log when connecting to OPENVPN - didnt seem to affect my connection

17:19:53 ovpn-server1[2074]: joevpn/1.129.104.45 AEAD Decrypt error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #539 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings

I felt that way for a long time as DD-WRT was the first non stock firmware I used where using a wired connection for FW upgrades is considered best practice. DD-WRT can be very unforgiving and you can brick the router if upgrading or flashing improperly. For the past year, I have been performing all of my upgrades via WiFi with no issues. Recently, I started performing minor version upgrades remotely over the OpenVPN server connection for several sites I support. But for a new version, I prefer to me onsite so I can power cycle the router. Or, I make arrangements with someone who is onsite to power cycle the router for me after performing the update.

You are much braver than I am. My router is within 30 feet and I will not do it over WiFi.. but for me there is no reason to risk it. My house is wired with cat 5e.

On my AC5300 second 5GHz channel is not working anymore - devices can find it but can't log in saying that password is wrong (tried on various Android, iOS and Windows devices - all the same), same issue with 384.4 but it was fine previously on 380. First 5G and 2.4G are OK.
Nothing interesting in log, tried factory reset with no effect.
Any ideas what to do?

Last edited:
is this something you will consider trying/checking for one of the next beta releases?
I'm available to try a test build if you need help.

The code is already committed to Github, it will be part of beta 2.

The code is already committed to Github, it will be part of beta 2.

ok great... I will let you know if that solves at least the "empty" mac address issue in the GUI.

If moving from 380 to 384, you should also check the length of dhcp_staticlist

nvram get dhcp_staticlist | wc -m

the 384 code limits the total length to 2500 characters, and it will fail on 384 code if it exceeds this limit.

Ouch! Mine is currently at 3329. Looks like I may be using 380.70 for a while if this doesn't get increased...

Ouch! Mine is currently at 3329. Looks like I may be using 380.70 for a while if this doesn't get increased...

If you read further you will conclude this will most likely never get increased enough. You can stick with 380 branch forever. You can temporarily reduce the length of your dhcp list and migrate with xentrk tip or do a clean install like most people.

A workaround is to manually configure these in dnsmasq instead of on the webui. At least, you could do that for a few of them to reduce the size of what is used by the webui. Changes must be made to /etc/ dnsmasq.conf and /etc/ hosts.dnsmasq through a dnsmasq.postconf script (can't post more details, Cloudflare just ate my post with these...).

I'm wondering if anybody is having Hostname displaying issue with Traffic monitoring per IP on AC3100 running Beta 1? On Main_TrafficMonitor_devdaily.asp, there are only IP addresses shown even though I had manually set hostnames and corresponding IP addresses on Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp.

PLsBgPf.png

I have tried factory reset from GUI & using WPS button. There are no special characters or symbols in hostnames except dash "-". The length of dhcp_staticlist is only 880

Code:
/tmp/home/root# nvram get dhcp_staticlist | wc -m

Edit 1: on System Log - DHCP Leases (Main_DHCPStatus_Content.asp) the hostnames were displayed correctly

Edit 2: 380.68_4 was the last version that Monitoring per IP worked properly for me. Every single version after that didn't work
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...ta-is-now-available.43043/page-12#post-368404

Thank you!

Last edited:
Do they show up correctly on the networkmap?

They do show up on Network map. Some has their (manually-set) hostnames matched with client names (the first two in the screenshot below) but some don't (the last two)

0WGsziW.png

On my AC5300 second 5GHz channel is not working anymore - devices can find it but can't log in saying that password is wrong (tried on various Android, iOS and Windows devices - all the same), same issue with 384.4 but it was fine previously on 380. First 5G and 2.4G are OK.
Nothing interesting in log, tried factory reset with no effect.
Any ideas what to do?
I have this issue, but with the first 5Ghz instead. :(

Does anyone have a successful non-tunnel IPv6 connection with this new software? It seems to be blocked for me, and I know that I had it before the upgrade...

When using 384.4.2, and testing on url http://ipv6-test.com/ , this is the message for improving IPv6 connectivity:
Your router or firewall is filtering ICMPv6 messages sent to your computer. An IPv6 host that cannot receive ICMP messages may encounter problems like some web pages loading partially or not at all.
That said, I had a good IPv6 connection.
In the new Beta, IPv6 is totally inop. While troubleshooting, I noticed a difference in the IPv6 screens between 384.4.2 and all the 385 builds so far. The LAN IPv6 Address, LAN Prefix Length, and LAN IPv6 Prefix are all BLANK in 385 builds, while they are all three populated in 384.4.2 build.
Oh, yes...I did a factory reset and upload of the software. The IPv6 failure described was still present.
Ideas?

Last edited:
Does anyone have a successful non-tunnel IPv6 connection with this new software? It seems to be blocked for me, and I know that I had it before the upgrade...

I have IPv6, absolutely no problems, using 384.5 beta 1.

I get the message about something blocking ICMPv6, but doesn’t seem to be a problem in real world operation that I can see.

I use this as a check.......
http://test-ipv6.monash.edu/

Last edited:
A workaround is to manually configure these in dnsmasq instead of on the webui. At least, you could do that for a few of them to reduce the size of what is used by the webui. Changes must be made to /etc/ dnsmasq.conf and /etc/ hosts.dnsmasq through a dnsmasq.postconf script (can't post more details, Cloudflare just ate my post with these...).

I use /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add to assign static dhcp leases at one site I support rather than the web gui.
Format is below. The 1440 is the lease time.
Code:
dhcp-host=49:EF:0C:24:7F:16,D-Link-AP,192.168.2.10,1440
dhcp-host=11:20:AE:5E:86:63,Security-Camera-DVR,192.168.2.200,1440
dhcp-host=94:C9:B2:5D:F5:04,D-Link_Switch,192.168.2.201,1440
<snip>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!