What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to change reboot to example 2 days a week instead of 7. How do I save this setting. Nothing happens if I press "apply" at the bottom.
AC5300 Running 380.66 Beta 4

upload_2017-5-7_18-28-34.png

Last edited:
Trying to change reboot to example 2 days a week instead of 7. How do I save this setting. Nothing happens if I press save at the bottom.
AC5300 Running 380.66 Beta 4

View attachment 9242
The save button is the way to do it and I can't tell you why it isn't working. Perhaps you need to hard reset the router and manually reenter your settings.

The save button is the way to do it and I can't tell you why it isn't working. Perhaps you need to hard reset the router and manually reenter your settings.

Sorry, but why should I need to hard reset a router to make this save button work...everything else works....

Sorry, but why should I need to hard reset a router to make this save button work...everything else works....
Just to make sure something didn't get corrupted in nvram....via telnet/ssh

nvram set reboot_schedule_enable=0
nvram unset reboot_schedule
nvram commit

then reboot the router and try to set things up again.

EDIT: Also, another handy hint...don't set the reboot time to the default hour that is set when the router reboots before the router system time is set. This can cause problems (like a boot loop). I put a fix for this in my fork, but not sure if Merlin ever picked it up.

Last edited:
Same problems as before. I just tested Beta 4 and DNS requests were leaked to my ISP with both settings of Policy Rules and Policy Rules strict. The Accept DNS Configuration is set to Exclusive. I have the IPs assigned to android tablets and then those IPs listed under Policy Rules. On Beta 2 there are no DNS leaks as seen through https://ipleak.net on those devices. Port Forwarding does not list those IPs being forwarded through the VPN in Beta 4. The IPs are present and listed as being forwarded through the VPN in Beta 2.

I fixed the updown.sh script that was broken in beta 4, and I have no DNS leaks here when testing with that site. Should now be fixed for the next beta.

Entering a hostname with an underline (_) is still broken, even though the popup message clearly states that it is a legal character.

While valid, the underscore character is considered a reserved character, and should ideally not be used unless for specific cases (I think the info can be found in an RFC, been a few years since I ran into that info). Bind 9 will even throw a warning when it sees a hostname that contains such a character inside a zone file.

The changelog is accurate: I only took care of the apostrophe, because it was frequently used by users wanting to enter something like "Joe's PC". Asus has recently been moving to new validation code, so some of these validations are still in a state of flux at this time. I'm mostly focusing for now on preventing page load issues, but I'm sure there are still plenty of corner cases still left. Catching ALL of them would be an entire project on its own that would probably require a code review of the entire webui, so for now I'm only focusing on the most common cases.

Asuswrt' webui code is poorly validated against script-breaking input. Making it bulletproof will have to be a long-term project, because of the amount of work involved.

Asuswrt' webui code is poorly validated against script-breaking input. Making it bulletproof will have to be a long-term project, because of the amount of work involved.
I trust your work over theirs any day of the week.

I started uploading some fresh test builds to the Test Builds folder on MediaFire, labelled as beta 5 (these are not final beta 5 builds yet tho, that will be formally released later this week). In addition to fixing Exclusive DNS mode, I was able to do some tests with a PIA tunnel tonight, thanks to a user donated account. A couple of improvements to the ovpn import process should make it easier for users to configure a (new) PIA client on the router (other providers will also benefit from these improvements).

I recommend updating to these builds if you use OpenVPN, and doing some more testing with them.

Code:
e35915f webui: Fix syntax error on OpenVPN Client page; better report issues on ovpn file import
2f48b2c webui: make cipher and digest checks non case-sensitive on OpenVPN client, to handle ovpn import with casing different from our list of supported algorithms
62c2493 openvpn: implement importing of reneg-sec parameter from ovpn file
cfc4d9a openvpn: fix syntax error in updown.sh related to the check for Internet redirection mode

Give it a few minutes for all builds to be done uploading.

Did router.asus.com break for anyone else? On a reset it says that the site is redirecting too much. After setup through 192.168.1.1 the page just redirects to asus.com

Seems like www.asusnetwork.net broke too as well. Did Asus forget to renew the domain or are they disabling them now?

EDIT: Seems like everything has been fixed. Guess they had some server issues for a bit.

Last edited:
Just to make sure something didn't get corrupted in nvram....via telnet/ssh

nvram set reboot_schedule_enable=0
nvram unset reboot_schedule
nvram commit

then reboot the router and try to set things up again.

EDIT: Also, another handy hint...don't set the reboot time to the default hour that is set when the router reboots before the router system time is set. This can cause problems (like a boot loop). I put a fix for this in my fork, but not sure if Merlin ever picked it up.

Hi. Appreciate your help. Unfortunately I don't know where to look for there settings. PLS help....

Hi. Appreciate your help. Unfortunately I don't know where to look for there settings. PLS help....

nvram show will return all of the nvram variables and values. You may want to pipe it to a more e.g. nvram show | more
nvram show | grep reboot_schedule
will return any nvram variable and it's value with the words reboot_schedule
nvram get fw_log_x will return the nvram value for fw_log_x

Last edited:
Hi, I registered to report a bug with the latest beta 380-66 Beta 4 on ASUS AC68U.

Using Policy Rules with a rule 192.168.1.0/24 and Iface VPN, everything is fine. As soon as that is switched to Policy Rules (strict), the router hangs. Progress is frozen at "Complete" and the router cannot be accessed by its IP address from a web browser. I did not try any alternate methods. I did note that the wifi networks were still up after a power reset.

I had to reset the router using the Reset button to factory (?) state and reconfigure everything.

This happened twice. Second time is as described.

Hi, I registered to report a bug with the latest beta 380-66 Beta 4 on ASUS AC68U.

Using Policy Rules with a rule 192.168.1.0/24 and Iface VPN, everything is fine. As soon as that is switched to Policy Rules (strict), the router hangs. Progress is frozen at "Complete" and the router cannot be accessed by its IP address from a web browser. I did not try any alternate methods. I did note that the wifi networks were still up after a power reset.

I had to reset the router using the Reset button to factory (?) state and reconfigure everything.

Try with the Beta 5 builds found here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bj94sbhrh7e49/Test_Builds

Also, using 192.168.1.0/24 doesn't make much sense - might as well leave it to "All".

How long have you been lurking around here? :) Welcome to snbforums and asuswrt-merlin.

I was able to toggle between Policy Rules and Policy Rules (Strict) without issue. The difference with me is that I list each client in the rules section for wan and vpn iface. Just cuz I like details. :D

nvram show will return all of the nvram variables and values. You may want to pipe it to a more e.g. nvram show | more
nvram show | grep reboot_schedule
will return any nvram variable and it's value with the words reboot_schedule
nvram get fw_log_x will return the nvram value for fw_log_x

Sorry......really nice of you to try to help...but......I don't understand anything.....sorry...

Sorry......really nice of you to try to help...but......I don't understand anything.....sorry...
You might want to google how to ssh or telnet into the router. Once at the command line, you can run those commands. There is client software such as putty and MobaXterm you can install on your client to create ssh session into the router.

Beta 5 is running nice and smooth here without any issues. I have Accept DNS Configuration set to Exclusive and Redirect Internet traffic set to Policy Rules (strict). Thank you @RMerlin :)

Have a problem with my RT-AC88u with 380.65.4. After al couple of days my 5 ghz band is gone. I fully hard reset the device. After 6 days the same. 5 ghz gone. when I do a reboot the band is back. Anyone else that problem ? Can I upgrade tot 380.66 beta to solve my problem ? Or use auto reboot every day.

Rmerlin thanks for the great firmware. Much better than stock firmware.

Have a problem with my RT-AC88u with 380.65.4. After al couple of days my 5 ghz band is gone. I fully hard reset the device. After 6 days the same. 5 ghz gone. when I do a reboot the band is back. Anyone else that problem ? Can I upgrade tot 380.66 beta to solve my problem ? Or use auto reboot every day.

Rmerlin thanks for the great firmware. Much better than stock firmware.
Cavey is having issues with his 2.4ghz radio going down and you're having them with the 5ghz. You might try switching to the 380.66 beta and see how it behaves for you. I'm running the beta 3 right now and will switch to the beta 5 later this week when it becomes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!