What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What OS do you use to build with? I shut down my build server around a year ago, and trying to compile from source on any fresh ubuntu image (12.04 > 16.04) seems to be a nightmare of endless errors :rolleyes:

try this ' o' (for ubuntu 16.04 64bit)

dpkg --add-architecture i386

apt-get update

apt-get install git autoconf automake bash bison bzip2 diffutils file flex \
m4 g++ gawk groff-base libncurses5-dev libtool libslang2 make patch perl \
pkg-config shtool subversion tar texinfo zlib1g zlib1g-dev git-core gettext \
libexpat1-dev libssl-dev cvs gperf unzip python libxml-parser-perl gcc-multilib \
gconf-editor libxml2-dev g++-4.7 g++-multilib gitk libncurses5 mtd-utils \
libstdc++6-4.7-dev libvorbis-dev g++-4.7-multilib autopoint xutils-dev \
autogen sed build-essential intltool libelf1:i386 libglib2.0-dev lib32z1-dev \
lib32stdc++6 libproxy-dev libltdl-dev

cd /root
git clone https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.git

cd asuswrt-merlin/
git tag -l
git checkout 380.67-beta3

ln -s ~/asuswrt-merlin/tools/brcm /opt/brcm
ln -s ~/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/toolchains/hndtools-arm-linux-2.6.36-uclibc-4.5.3 /opt/brcm-arm
export PATH=$PATH:/opt/brcm/hndtools-mipsel-linux/bin:/opt/brcm/hndtools-mipsel-uclibc/bin:/opt/brcm-arm/bin
sudo mkdir -p /media/ASUSWRT/
sudo ln -s ~/asuswrt-merlin /media/ASUSWRT/asuswrt-merlin

cp /usr/include/proxy.h ~/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/neon/
cd ~/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/libdaemon
aclocal
cd ~/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/libxml2
sed -i s/AM_C_PROTOTYPES/#AM_C_PROTOTYPES/g ~/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/libxml2/configure.in
aclocal

cd ~/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/
make rt-ac68u

Last edited:
try this ' o' (for ubuntu 16.04 64bit)

I was more or less the same, the main issue ended up being from trying to build the current commit which I guess is incomplete, reverted to beta4 and it solved that issue. Also had to run;

Code:
cd /root/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/libvorbis
aclocal

Merlin,

I noticed something odd, and likely nothing you can do. But i wanted to mention it. With Adaptive QoS enabled, with fd_codel selected, and bandwidth limits manually set. When i run the speedtest on dslreports, the test oddly bypasses the limits i inputted. But if i go to other speedtest sites, when running the test, speed's stay below the limits i set correctly.

I know with the recent changes you have made with QoS, there has been others testing, and even posting speedtest results from dslreports. So i wonder when others run this test, is it honoring the limits you set within QoS on the router?

Yes, DSL Reports tests have been aligned to my configured bandwidths during my tests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, DSL Reports tests have been aligned to my configured bandwidths during my tests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thinking, I did enable IP Traffic logging, which disables HW Accelerator. So i wonder with it being disabled, if it's causing this. Still odd either way, as if i run a test on speedtest.net. it will lock down to my manually set 280/28 settings. But when i ran dslreports speedtest, on the downstream side alone it would jump over 400mbps, which will happen due to my ISP using powerboost.

What OS do you use to build with? I shut down my build server around a year ago, and trying to compile from source on any fresh ubuntu image (12.04 > 16.04) seems to be a nightmare of endless errors :rolleyes:

Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit. Don't forget to also install 32-bit dev libraries as well as automake-1.11.

I think I updated the Wiki when I built this 16.04 VM last year, with the list of required packages.

Merlin,

I think this has been mentioned before, but I noticed it on my AC3100. The Traffic Analyzer/Traffic Monitor. It is logging near the same amount of traffic both ways. Which is for sure wrong... As it's more likely I'm using 1/3 of upstream bandwidth as I'm using downsteam bandwidth. You have any ideal why this is happening? Currently it seems in a broken state. I did a factory reset after flashing this build, and manually configured things. I just find this odd, and didn't know if this is a known issue, or if something setting wise is triggering this to happen.

Attachments

• Traffic Monitor.png
    Traffic Monitor.png
    311.7 KB · Views: 692
The beta 4 build has some errors.

Attachments

• shutils.c_errors.txt
    18 KB · Views: 740
I'm now using the beta. QOS helps though isn't perfect.

One thing I've noticed is that during a speedtest (max 220/20) the asus AC-3200 CPU is getting to around 60-70% CPU. I *thought* it had been 40-50 before, but having gone back to older builds it seems the same.

CTF is reporting as enabled, though I'm using QOS and the trend micro stuff.

Is this what others are seeing without full accel enabled (inevitable if actually using the facilities the router offers).

I'm a little nervous if I'm honest in that I've considered whether to upgrade to 300 or 350 Mbps (in fact peak rate is 10% above this) and that would mean pretty much maxing the CPU. I feel a little hard done by (by ASUS) in terms of CPU. I may switch to a faster router (I guess the 88u or 5300 are the only sensible options... since the firmware *esp* merlin is super...).

QoS is done by the CPU, so I wouldn't be surprised if it increased the CPU load.

The beta 4 build has some errors.

Missing ";" in shared/shared.h, at the end of:

Code:
extern int replace_char(char *str, const char *from, const char *to)

I have lag pikes in gaming with beta3b (QoS off), with beta2 no lag spikes. :/ [87U]

I'm now using the beta. QOS helps though isn't perfect.

One thing I've noticed is that during a speedtest (max 220/20) the asus AC-3200 CPU is getting to around 60-70% CPU. I *thought* it had been 40-50 before, but having gone back to older builds it seems the same.

CTF is reporting as enabled, though I'm using QOS and the trend micro stuff.

Is this what others are seeing without full accel enabled (inevitable if actually using the facilities the router offers).

I'm a little nervous if I'm honest in that I've considered whether to upgrade to 300 or 350 Mbps (in fact peak rate is 10% above this) and that would mean pretty much maxing the CPU. I feel a little hard done by (by ASUS) in terms of CPU. I may switch to a faster router (I guess the 88u or 5300 are the only sensible options... since the firmware *esp* merlin is super...).
normal wan<->lan cpu processing. Only when FA is acitve then cpu load should be low.

Last night my 5 ghz went down again. Can someone tell me what went wrong ?

Jul 8 21:00:39 miniupnpd[3856]: upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer
Jul 9 02:00:03 rc_service: rc 26952:notify_rc restart_wrs
Jul 10 08:38:24 rc_service: httpd 1950:notify_rc restart_wireless

After reset this morning all back again.

Sorry,
VPN Server - OpenVPN
TLS control channel security
What is the difference between
- Incoming Auth (0) and
- Incoming Auth (1) ?

s.1499680849.jpg

Thank You

Last night my 5 ghz went down again. Can someone tell me what went wrong ?

Jul 8 21:00:39 miniupnpd[3856]: upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer
Jul 9 02:00:03 rc_service: rc 26952:notify_rc restart_wrs
Jul 10 08:38:24 rc_service: httpd 1950:notify_rc restart_wireless

After reset this morning all back again.

If you have your 5Ghz channel width set to 20/40/80 Mhz or 80Mhz, this happens with some AC88Us. It is either a bug with Asus or Broadcom firmware. If you set your channel width to 40Mhz or 20Mhz, this doesn't happen. No solid explanation why some AC88Us have this problem and some don't. My research on the Boards shows that the Asus firmware 3941 from October last year is the only version without this issue. Merlin does not have a version based exclusively on this Asus firmware so all his versions of 380.6x have this issue.

Merlin,

I think this has been mentioned before, but I noticed it on my AC3100. The Traffic Analyzer/Traffic Monitor. It is logging near the same amount of traffic both ways. Which is for sure wrong... As it's more likely I'm using 1/3 of upstream bandwidth as I'm using downsteam bandwidth. You have any ideal why this is happening? Currently it seems in a broken state. I did a factory reset after flashing this build, and manually configured things. I just find this odd, and didn't know if this is a known issue, or if something setting wise is triggering this to happen.

Yeah Traffic Monitor on my AC3100 just doesn't want to seem to work correctly. As it wants to show very close to same usage on download, and upload. Download finished at 24GB of usage yesterday, upload finished at 19GB of usage. Download side might of been close to real numbers, but upload side is way off, I think real upload usage yesterday might of been in 2-4GB range at most. I tried even going under tools<->other settings, and switching between RAM<->NVRAM, didn't seem to matter any.

To tell the truth, I'm pretty sure Traffic Analyzer Statistic are off as well, likely both affected as they're in the same section, so I would guess they kind of work off each other in a sense. Anyone else have issue with there Traffic Monitor/ Analyzer not working? I'm using the beta 3B.

Attachments

• Traffic Monitor.png
    Traffic Monitor.png
    255.4 KB · Views: 680
Last edited:
Well Merlin brought it to my attention NAT Acceleration needing to be disabled, currently enabled on the router. Would be nice if Traffic Monitor/Analyzer were disabled by default, and have a button to turn them on, and when they are activated, NAT Acceleration gets disabled. I'm currently under the impression it doesn't do this... So I was over here scratching my head wondering what the hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!