What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running on AC87U (router) & AC68U (AP) and now nothing out of the ordinary.
Don't forget to update your signature ;).

EDIT 1:
As for my update, 30 hours now on two AC88Us with no issues to report except ya-malware-block.sh script appears to not run as before. Please see reports here:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/y...ing-ipset-v4-and-v6.38935/page-17#post-332620

EDIT 2:
Correction, there is no issue with the new version and ya-malware-block.sh script. Explanation here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/y...ng-ipset-v4-and-v6.38935/page-17#post-332707s

Last edited:
Good evening to the whole estate! Did anyone test this firmware on asus 88u? Whether it gives performance to the 950/950 Full Duplex router! Now I'm sitting on 380.65_beta3 the only one of all the firmware that runs on 900/900 Full Duplex! I would not want to pour something again with the cut production

Thank Eric,

(RT-AC56u)

Very happy with all new certificate enhancements, only some minor ¿issues?:

-A typo error on tooltip under "Use persistent certificate": ".... stored under /jffs/ssl", should be /jffs/https.
-Maybe, the tooltip or web interface should indicate cert/key format, name, extension...
-After applying the new setting (only enabling persistent certificate), Router didn't create/copy default cert/key under /jffs/https, was needed a service restart_httpd too.

Without the above details, I have tested with an ec prime256v1 certificate, and it works perfectly without any issue for now.

vsftpd seem work fine, maybe adding explicit TLS/SSL support could be a good idea in the future

Last edited:
I'm probably forgetting something... What?
AFAIK, nothing.....I believe FF decided that ALL self-signed certificates are insecure.....even if you import/trust them. (Chrome and IE will import the certificate and show a secure connection)

-A typo error on tooltip under "Use persistent certificate": ".... stored under /jffs/ssl", should be /jffs/https.

Thanks. That location got changed during development, but I didn't think of updating the tooltip. I blame @john9527 for that one :p

Maybe, the tooltip or web interface should indicate cert/key format, name, extension...

There will be a dedicated Wiki page for that feature, as I don't want to burden the webui with detailed instructions, especially not in a popup that can't be kept open for reference.

-After applying the new setting (only enabling persistent certificate), Router didn't create/copy default cert/key under /jffs/https, was needed a service restart_httpd too.

I'm still debating how to handle things there. If it's not too difficult to implement, I might add a button to restart the webserver. Otherwise, it will be covered by the Wiki documentation.

vsftpd seem work fine, maybe adding explicit TLS/SSL support could be a good idea in the future

I don't want to devote too much effort toward the FTP service, as personally I consider it to be a "distraction" rather than an important feature. It would depend on how much effort would be involved in adding such support.

AFAIK, nothing.....I believe FF decided that ALL self-signed certificates are insecure.....even if you import/trust them. (Chrome and IE will import the certificate and show a secure connection)

I don't know about you, but personally I seriously don't like some of the recent decisions taken by the Firefox or the Chrome devs. They both suffer from tunnel vision, if you ask me. "Insecure" is a sure way to alarm a lot of casual users who will assume that it means that their computer is suddenly at risk of being hacked.

This is a knee-jerk reaction to all the recent crop of Internet scares, from NSA snooping to Heartbleed.

I am able to add a security exception with Firefox 54. When the insecure connection first comes up, click the Advanced button and then can add an exception. I'm just using whatever the router gives, not my own. Normally I don't use the secure option though.

I am able to add a security exception with Firefox 54. When the insecure connection first comes up, click the Advanced button and then can add an exception. I'm just using whatever the router gives, not my own. Normally I don't use the secure option though.
You can add the exception, but the icon in the address bar still shows as insecure. I think that is what he was referring to.

I am unable to set a custom QoS priority (the ranking of what traffic is used most) on my RT-AC88U using the beta 1 of 380.67.

Works for me. Try resetting it over SSH:

Code:
nvram set qos_bw_rulelist=""
nvram commit

Ah, that would explain why Firefox complained with 380.66_6 as well.

I did a nvram erase and a full firmware recovery to 380.67 BETA1 and my Asus RT-AC5300U started acting all weird. First off, it didn't save any of the wireless settings from the "first-time wizard". Secondly the whole 2.4GHz radio didn't accept any connections/passwords, neither the actual SSID, nor the Guest SSID. It was impossible to connect, even changing to not have a password wouldn't let clients connect. 5.0GHz on the other hand seemed to work.

Enabling AiProtection and Adaptive QoS (Gaming) make Core 1 on the CPU hit 100% pretty much all the time, and the CPU temps was 102-103 constantly. Everything seemed to be working (besides 2.4GHz wireless) but my iPad Pro 12,9 Gen2 had some serious bandwidth issues when connected to 802.11ac WiFi, but my girlfriend's iPad Pro 10,5-inch and our iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus did not have issues. According to Speedtest-app on my iPad I had 200ms+ and about 1 mbit down and 0,5 mbit up during testing and everything was dreadfully slow. Browsing was slow, ProTube/YouTube was constantly buffering etc.. All while my girlfriend could stream 1080P Netflix on her iPad without problems.

I tried to reboot my iPad but nothing helped. Tried a reboot of the router, but nope..

So this morning I did a new nvram erase and a full firmware restore to 380.67 BETA1 and this time around none of the awkwardness from yesterday occurred. The WiFi-settings from the first-time wizard actually sticked, the 2.4GHz WiFi and the 2.4GHz Guest WiFi are both working. My iPad is getting proper speeds and everything. Only difference this time around is that I have yet to enabled AiProtection and Adaptive QoS and I'm hesitant to do so in fear of it messing something up. If I recall correctly, I've had issues with both AiProtection and Adaptive QoS causing some huge CPU spikes in the past.

Another thing like always is that I can't get hardware acceleration level 2 aka CTF + FA working. Has Asus disabled FA all together in newer firmware's? Even right after doing a full restore of the firmware and not doing anything with the settings other than going through the first-time wizard I still only have hardware acceleration level 1 aka CTF and no FA. I tried various "tips" I found on Google, like disabling Spanning Tree Protocol, disabled acceleration, do a reboot and re-enable acceleration (while keeping STP disabled) but that still only gives me CTF and no FA.

EDIT:

This is is also the first time I use the Guest Networking option as I have never ending increase of various devices on my network that I don't see why they should have any intranet/LAN access at all. Like Withings/Nokia Smart Body Scale, Ring Video Doorbell etc..

But after testing the Guest Networking option I have a hard time understand what it really does? Other than creating a secondary SSID with its own security settings. There seems to be no VLAN involved as clients connected to the Guest Network still gets IP's in the very same DHCP-scope as the rest of the network and clients connected to the Guest Network is still able to ping other local clients and whatnot. All this is with the allow access to intranet option disabled.

My AC88U has been running flawlessly with the 380.67 Alpha versions and now the 380.67 Beta firmware. The only exception is I am one of the unlucky ones with an AC88U that can not use 80Mhz bandwidth channels without the 5Ghz network mysteriously disappearing - SSID disappears, all clients disconnect, 5Ghz LED still on, no error logs. It usually happens at around 23 ½ hours - independent of number of connected devices or WiFi streaming traffic - which is also around the time the DHCP leases get renewed. When width is set to 40 Mhz, this issue never occurs and the router is solid as a rock. I doubt it is a HW issue as many people on the boards have RMA'd devices - sometimes multiple times - and the problem still persists.

Many people on all the boards have reported this problem with the AC88U/AC3100/AC5300 which leads me to believe it is either a Broadcom WiFi driver issue or an Asus 380.xx firmware issue. I have tried all the recommended "remedies" and have no DFS or CCI/ACI issues. I also have the router on a cooling pad and the 5Ghz radios are at 109F which is very cool so I know it is not a heat issue. The only thing that has fixed it is to not use 80Mhz channel widths with the 5Ghz network.

I love Merlin firmware and if indeed he will not support or be able to support the new 382.xx SDK, then I am stuck with my 5Ghz dilemma. Especially if the new 382 SDK fixes the problem either in Asus firmware or with any new Broadcom WiFi drivers it may contain.

Last edited:
Hi, I wanted to report the release of the new 3200 firmware

Beta1 Up time: 1 days 19 hours 20 minute(s) 29 seconds

All is working fine with my environment (IPv6, Connectivity, Speed, etc).
Kids and their friends are pounding the wireless with gaming and YouTube (and whatever else is "cool"), and no one has complained about wan/lan connectivity.
Good Work RMerlin!

Hi, I wanted to report the release of the new 3200 firmware

Already merged in, along with the RT-AC66U GPL that was also released yesterday. However Asus forgot to include the RT-AC3200 wireless driver in the GPL archive, so it's still partly a Frankenbuild for that model.

Is it normal for the RAM usage to hang around 75% consistently now?

I took a model not too lucky. This makes me want to go to the 88U :confused:.

Thank you so much, Merlin and sorry for the message. I thought I was doing a good thing. :)

Is it normal for the RAM usage to hang around 75% consistently now?

Nothing was changed there. RAM usage will vary based on what you do. Anything that accesses a connected USB disk for instance will cause the buffers to get filled up. This is perfectly normal behaviour under Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!