What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stock firmware does not support SMB2 at all.

I kept it disabled by default after adding support for it because of the performance impact it has on these weak CPUs.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
I see. I'm gonna have to test smb2.

Thank you for the reply.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what's the purpose of these placeholders?

Because a post only allows a limited amount of characters. Once the beta phase progresses, it's a lot easier to have all relevant info (changelogs between betas for example) in the first posts.

Try loading the required modules with modprobe first. I remember a similar issue used to exist in early days, until I added a modules.dep config file. If manually loading the modules work, then it means the issue is probably with the modules dep file.

All 11 modules from "/lib/modules/2.6.36.4brcmarm/kernel/net/netfilter/ipset" are loaded. But "ip_set_hash_ipmac.ko" doesn't exist which I believe is the issue?

Also I can confirm the comment extension works on other distros, but I then I saw johns post in his thread;

The original support was a direct port from Tomato-Shibby.
The only thing I'm aware of that's not working is the 'extended' qualifiers when creating an ipset...skbinfo, comment and counters. (Also doesn't work on the current level). When I started to research it, I found references that these were related to linking to the kernel headers and may not work on early kernel levels. I haven't pursued it beyond that.

Hopefully support can be added, comments on ipset entries would be a huge plus for keeping track of large sets.

Running much better than 380.66_6 ... My fios would sometimes show the full 980 Mbps down and sometimes it would be around 400 Mbps... Since switching to 380.67 beta everytime I run speedtest I get around my 980 Mbps down... seems to be much more stable in the few hours since I flashed it too.

I have copied my self-signed certificates (which were already in /etc) to /jffs/https and rebooted.

However Firefox still complains about an Insecure Connection when accessing https://router.asus.com, while I have imported the certificate in Firefox.

I also had this problem with 380.66_6, while the certificates worked before (and they won't expire for a long time).

I'm probably forgetting something... What?

• Vsftpd ✓
  • Tor ✓
  • openvpn ✓
Working great on my N66U as usual. You are the master of my domain, Merlin.

Running much better than 380.66_6 ... My fios would sometimes show the full 980 Mbps down and sometimes it would be around 400 Mbps... Since switching to 380.67 beta everytime I run speedtest I get around my 980 Mbps down... seems to be much more stable in the few hours since I flashed it too.
What device?

I am unable to set a custom QoS priority (the ranking of what traffic is used most) on my RT-AC88U using the beta 1 of 380.67.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what's the purpose of these placeholders?

I generally use them to post known issues during beta cycle. Keeping them separate from the OP makes it easier to manage/consult.

Hopefully support can be added, comments on ipset entries would be a huge plus for keeping track of large sets.

If it requires messing with the skb structs, then it's not gonna happen. Any change to that structure is impossible, as it will break every single closed-source module. That's the main reason for instance why we don't have IMQ support on the ARM kernel.

Any change to these low-level structure would require recompiled modules from Trend Micro, Asus and Broadcom - something that's not gonna happen.

Look for the detailed error message for more info. Most likely it's telling you that the certificate isn't trusted because it's self-signed/not from a known CA.

I am unable to set a custom QoS priority (the ranking of what traffic is used most) on my RT-AC88U using the beta 1 of 380.67.

Adaptive or Traditional QoS?

I hope this isn't too OT/frivolous for this thread Merlin. But I notice you frequently have to chop and change modules from the SDK to get the range of asus routers working.
eg: Note that Asus hasn't released GPL drops for all models, so the following models will use a mixture of 7743 and 7378: N66U, AC66U, AC87U, AC3200.

This makes me believe that asus have better integrated HW support from some of their vendors rather than others.

Based on this, if my RT-AC68 dies tomorrow, can you suggest either a metric or hardware feature I should look for in a new asus router to continue getting the best support (from merlin fw, that is gives you the least hassle integrating the source)?

eg go for their most expensive one, always go for ARM, always get something with a broadcom SOC..?

or is it honestly a crap shoot?

Thank you.

This makes me believe that asus have better integrated HW support from some of their vendors rather than others.

No, not in this case, since all the models I support are Broadcom-based. This is simply that, due to the large number of models Asus has to support, they don't simultaneous update all models at the same time. That's the price to pay for not abandoning old model support after 18 months like most of their competitors do - it's a lot of work releasing updates for so many models at the same time.

Based on this, if my RT-AC68 dies tomorrow, can you suggest either a metric or hardware feature I should look for in a new asus router to continue getting the best support (from merlin fw, that is gives you the least hassle integrating the source)?

At this point, stick to the currently supported models, especially their "flagships", so either the RT-AC68U or RT-AC88U. The chances that I will ever support their new generation of Broadcom routers (RT-AC86U or GT-AC5300) are getting slimmer by the day, and I already excluded supporting the GT-AC9600 due to its Lantiq/Quantenna DNA.

The more I look at the GPL 382 code, and the more I dislike it. I was thinking about it tonight as I was looking at a few things in the networkmap code. Networkmap is one of the newly closed components in 382. Well, networkmap is one of the Asus components where I've probably fixed the most crash/security issues over the years. Take a look at the list of fixes that came either from me or from a contributor over the years:

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/commits/master/release/src/router/networkmap

So unless something changes, the more it goes, and the less likely I am to be able to support any newer model.

so in other words if asus brings the other models to GPL 382, were going to have a bad time ,and your hands will be tied, that is unless they open it up.
I dont see the need to lock down the firmware, even though i understsnd that asus is under pressure from broadcom and trend, due to all the firmware clone ports.
But with out third party firmware support, the router just becomes an expnsive paperweight, and a repeat of the bad experince i had with netear tech support, and issues will go unfixed for the life of the units, this deeply saddens me.

Working well here. One AC66U in bridge mode, One AC87U as router. One AC66U and AC68U as access points.

I have copied my self-signed certificates (which were already in /etc) to /jffs/https and rebooted.

However Firefox still complains about an Insecure Connection when accessing https://router.asus.com, while I have imported the certificate in Firefox.

I also had this problem with 380.66_6, while the certificates worked before (and they won't expire for a long time).

Did you delete all the old certificates? Firefox is trying to match all the certificates, if you have more than one for the same IP address stored. So it could be an old certificate. Go to the certificates manager in Firefox: Options - Advanced - Certificates - View Certificates - Servers - 192.168.1.1:8443 or your IP. - Delete all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!