What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I failed to pay attention previously, I need to ask, did the icons on the web gui (left column) change?
The icons seem to look different, or I might be having a senior moment.

Because I failed to pay attention previously, I need to ask, did the icons on the web gui (left column) change?
The icons seem to look different, or I might be having a senior moment.

Shouldn't have changed, tho Asus sometimes do tweaks with spacing between firmware releases.

Last edited:
My RT-AC68U has been as solid as a rock on Beta 1 for the last 2 days and 10 hours. I don't use wifi but I am running FreshJR's QoS adaptive script. If anything this build makes my internet access feel quicker than previous.

Thank you @RMerlin

Sorry I forgot to mention only one thing. Still can't access to admin webui using Safari or any WebKit based browser.

Given the positive feedback on the beta release, I'm about to take a plunge and upgrade to 380.67 Beta 1. One question: I read that there have been made some (minor?) changes to the WebUI. Will installing NTP Daemon for ASUSWRT/Merlin by @kvic cause any trouble when upgrading, as it creates a new tab with the graphs of the statistics made by NTPd in the 'Tools'-menu?

I'm not sure I should post asuswrt-merlin compilation issues here. I'm seeing this issue pop up occasionally.

make -C tor -j`grep -c '^processor' /proc/cpuinfo`
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/xxxxx/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/tor'
cd . && automake-1.15 --foreign
configure.ac:14: error: version mismatch. This is Automake 1.15,
configure.ac:14: but the definition used by this AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
configure.ac:14: comes from Automake 1.11.3. You should recreate
configure.ac:14: aclocal.m4 with aclocal and run automake again.
configure.ac:14: warning: The 'AM_PROG_MKDIR_P' macro is deprecated, and its use is discouraged.
configure.ac:14: You should use the Autoconf-provided 'AC_PROG_MKDIR_P' macro instead,
configure.ac:14: and use '$(MKDIR_P)' instead of '$(mkdir_p)'in your Makefile.am files.
Makefile:2098: recipe for target 'Makefile.in' failed

Some files have automake errors due to version mismatch. I'm trying to compile for RT-AC3200. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit. Trying to compile 380.67_beta2.

Does ln -s /usr/bin/automake-1.15 /usr/bin/automake-1.11 work/help?

Last edited:
I'm not sure I should post asuswrt-merlin compilation issues here. I'm seeing this issue pop up occasionally.

configure.ac:14: warning: The 'AM_PROG_MKDIR_P' macro is deprecated, and its use is discouraged.
configure.ac:14: You should use the Autoconf-provided 'AC_PROG_MKDIR_P' macro instead,
configure.ac:14: and use '$(MKDIR_P)' instead of '$(mkdir_p)'in your Makefile.am files.

Some files have automake errors due to version mismatch. I'm trying to compile for RT-AC3200. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit. Trying to compile 380.67_beta2.

Fixed by running autoreconf on /src/router/tor folder.

Given the positive feedback on the beta release, I'm about to take a plunge and upgrade to 380.67 Beta 1. One question: I read that there have been made some (minor?) changes to the WebUI. Will installing NTP Daemon for ASUSWRT/Merlin by @kvic cause any trouble when upgrading, as it creates a new tab with the graphs of the statistics made by NTPd in the 'Tools'-menu?
It still works for me after upgrading the fw.

Wait a second... Did you do a clean install @GoNz0, cause if I recall correctly, the NTPd setup by @kvic uses a a copy of the WebUI, so I'm suddenly wondering wether you, if you didn't start fresh, are still looking at the old UI? Or did you start from scratch and do the modifications by @kvic still work fine after installing 380.67 Beta 1?

Wait a second... Did you do a clean install @GoNz0, cause if I recall correctly, the NTPd setup by @kvic uses a a copy of the WebUI, so I'm suddenly wondering wether you, if you didn't start fresh, are still looking at the old UI? Or did you start from scratch and do the modifications by @kvic still work fine after installing 380.67 Beta 1?
No clean install, I put NTPD on about 10 days ago I think so just a firmware upgrade done and it seems fine.
https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArTAP9qwiGB0iJsk6aPwDg9h8Kmmbw

Install automake 1.11. If using the officially supported Ubuntu distro:

Code:
sudo apt install automake1.11

No clean install, I put NTPD on about 10 days ago I think so just a firmware upgrade done and it seems fine.

@kvic's NTPD TAB will always appear fine after any firmware upgrade as httpd is using the custom /www files on the entware drive.

I went for ages without seeing @RMerlin's GUI tweaks until the penny dropped. :eek:

So I now always manually run my short script after every Firmware upgrade to ensure that any undisclosed GUI tweaks by Asus are always shown!
(@RMerlin would never move a few GUI pixels without formally announcing it? - except for the infamous April Fool's prank! :p)

/jffs/scripts/RefreshWWW.sh

https://pastebin.com/tbw0LgnL

Hosted on pastebin as life is too short to tediously identify why posting the script in-line triggers the forum blocker :mad:

Last edited:

I have a feeling that you're looking at the UI from the previously installed release, displaying the new version number. Under the hood everything probably is fine, but in the WebUI some things have changed (SMB2 settings for example, if I'm correct). When you followed the tutorial by @kvic, you made a copy of /www and modified the copy:

When I'm not mistaking, the WebUi your looking at after the tutorial is a copy of the original, meaning when you flash a new version with changes to the WebUI, the copy you created by following the tutorial, does not reflect changes to the WebUI made in the update... @RMerlin or @kvic , please correct me if I'm wrong..

Edit: Thanks @Martineau, was just typing so didn't see your post. I was under the impression that httpd used /www in ROM (why else make a copy first?), but it's good to know that the installation of NTPd with graphs is persistent and survives an upgrade.

Edit 2: Read too fast. Looking at your script, it does exactly what I meant, it restores the modifications from the previous to the current WebUI, if I'm correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was under the impression that httpd used /www in ROM (why else make a copy first?), but it's good to know that the installation of NTPd with graphs is persistent and survives an upgrade.

By default /www in ROM is indeed used by httpd, but in order for the NTPD TAB to be visible, /www is mounted to /opt /var/ www by the fstab entry @boot which consequently overrides the fault mapping.

By default /www in ROM is indeed used by httpd, but in order for the NTPD TAB to be visible, /www is mounted to /opt /var/ www by the fstab entry @boot which consequently overrides the fault mapping.
Exactly what I meant, but it came out wrong, so thanks for clarifying. And thanks for sharing your script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!