What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.1 Beta is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, I have no idea what's going to happen with this model. I just don't feel like dealing with this anymore for tonight. I might try to see if there's anything Asus can do to help me with this in a few days.

One of the acceleration levels is compatible with it, the other isn't.
in 380.68, when acceleration is set to auto it revers to CTF with ai protection, now in 382, it disables it completely, I did a factory reset after upgrading. it says you can only have either ai protection or acceleration when before it would revert to CTF when both were enabled.

Hello good merlin, you know if the AC87U will have update to 382, thanks.

regards!!!

Hello. I'm using RT-AC88U. Now switch to Beta 1. And I found that Disk spindown configuration is missed under Tools-Other. Anyway, sd-idle-2.6 is working good. Start it from SSH with default parametrs. Thank you.

Hello. I'm using RT-AC88U. Now switch to Beta 1. And I found that Disk spindown configuration is missed under Tools-Other. Anyway, sd-idle-2.6 is working good. Start it from SSH with default parametrs. Thank you.

Moved to the System Page since Asus added it to that page.

Hi,

RT-AC3100 issues I see with Beta 1.

This is a good hour after installing and rebooting the router.

Network map shows zero clients.

The guest network page is all messed up:

GuestNetwork.png

QOS page is broken. Shows zero download and upload speed even though I'm uploading at around 1MB/s and downloading at over 120mbps.

And just a spinning circle is shown:

QOS.png

Note: System log keeps reporting:
ERR[set_app_info_qos_meta:3361] It's a paid app, please assign a default bandwidth!

OK?

General tools page for Wireless clients (2.4 GHz) shows crazy numbers for Authorized and Authenticated. There is zero chance of that!

NetworkStats.png

Advanced Setting wireless does not load correctly.

Chrome F12 shows these errors/warnings:
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ;

Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:1 [DOM] Found 2 elements with non-unique id #preferred_lang: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) <input type= "hidden" name= "preferred_lang" id= "preferred_lang" value= "EN"> <input type= "hidden" name= "preferred_lang" id= "preferred_lang" value= "EN">

Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:1 This page includes a password or credit card input in a non-secure context. A warning has been added to the URL bar. For more information, see https://goo.gl/zmWq3m.

Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:661 Uncaught ReferenceError: initial is not defined
at onload (Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:661)

Wireless.png

Crazy 800896076 °C temp reported on Advanced Settins > Administrtation > Temperature tab

temp.png

Thank you,

Will

Is anyone else noticed the "high-ish" load avg on the RT-AC86U? The cpu graph shows 0% or 1% usage.. but under tool it's load avg is 4.34, 4.04, 3.92.. it's not causing issues, just curious. It matches what top sees when you ssh into the router.

On the RT-AC86U using Merlin 382.1 Beta is the site survey working for anyone? under Wi-Fi Radar, Wi-Fi Site Survey I get nothing when I hit scan.

On the RT-AC86U (Merlin 382.1 Beta) It also seems that they removed the CPU temp from Tools->Sysinfo.. They still have the radio temps.

Just awesome. HND has closed the sources to libnvram, and also introduced another closed library that has hardcoded nvram limits that are different from mine. Any unrecognized nvram (read: unique to Asuswrt-Merlin) is limited to 256 characters. This is going to break a whole series of Asuswrt-Merlin features on the RT-AC86U

To say I am currently completely pissed off by this is the best I can say. This puts the whole RT-AC86U support in jeopardy, after devoting nearly two months on this frigging model.

I can understand your frustration. Sad that they seem to be slowly moving away from open source. I just bought mine (RT-AC86U) yesterday so I admit that I am really hoping it doesn't come to you dropping it.

Hi,

View attachment 10725

QOS page is broken. Shows zero download and upload speed even though I'm uploading at around 1MB/s and downloading at over 120mbps.

View attachment 10726

OK?

General tools page for Wireless clients (2.4 GHz) shows crazy numbers for Authorized and Authenticated. There is zero chance of that!

View attachment 10727

View attachment 10728

Crazy 800896076 °C temp reported on Advanced Settins > Administrtation > Temperature tab

View attachment 10729

Thank you,

Will

Exactly the same symtoms in my rt-ac88u.

Chrome javascript error:
Code:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'childNodes' of undefined
    at Object.success (router_status.asp:240)
    at c (jquery.js:3)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js:3)
    at k (jquery.js:5)
    at XMLHttpRequest.r (jquery.js:5)

As well as the following error-syslog entries:
Code:
Feb 14 01:00:17 kernel: CONSOLE: 000000.000 initvars_srom_pci, SROM CRC Error
Feb 14 01:00:17 kernel: <3>SQUASHFS error: xz_dec_ï¾Uªerror, data probably corrupt
Feb 14 01:00:17 kernel: <3>SQUASHFS error: squashfs_read_data failed to read block 0x611ef0
Feb 14 01:00:17 kernel: <3>SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [611ef0]
Feb 14 01:00:17 kernel: <3>SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 611ef0, size deb8
Feb 14 01:00:18 kernel: (sda1): previous I/O error to suor (device sda1): ext4_put_supernal
Oct 18 23:57:27 kernel:  *** ERROR: [tdts_shell_ioctl_sig_op_load:95] tdts_core_rule_parsing_trf_load() fail!

Just awesome. HND has closed the sources to libnvram, and also introduced another closed library that has hardcoded nvram limits that are different from mine. Any unrecognized nvram (read: unique to Asuswrt-Merlin) is limited to 256 characters. This is going to break a whole series of Asuswrt-Merlin features on the RT-AC86U

To say I am currently completely pissed off by this is the best I can say. This puts the whole RT-AC86U support in jeopardy, after devoting nearly two months on this frigging model.
What actually will this limit break in your firmware?

AC3100 Owner here. I have Century Link fiber, gigabit. Using PPPOE instead of ISP combo. I was not getting full speeds on the old stable firmware (about 500mbs) so I decided to give the beta firmware a try (382.1). Still not getting full speeds (managed 600mbs on the new firmware) but everything else seems to be working correctly. My speed issue is a different issue so I wont spam this thread with it https://www.snbforums.com/threads/another-centurylink-fiber-speed-issue-ac3100.41734/. I just wanted to report in that things seem stable enough on the beta. I do see the log spam but thats more of a nit pick than an issue.

UPDATE: I wanted to add that the load on the CPU seems less with the beta firmware. I was getting core 1 75% on speed tests before. Now its 35%.

Last edited:

I don't see anything wrong with that screenshot. What is "all messed up" on it?

Works for me. Open your browser console and look for any error message.

Same happens with Asus's stock firmware. No idea what that error message means.

Sounds like something's wrong with your 2.4 GHz radio. Works normally for me. Try doing a factory default reset.

Works for me. Try clearing your browser cache.

Hi,

View attachment 10725

View attachment 10726

OK?

View attachment 10727

View attachment 10728

View attachment 10729

Thank you,

Will

You may try flashing router with Beta 1 again. last night this helped a lot for me.

Hi,

View attachment 10725

View attachment 10726

OK?

View attachment 10727

View attachment 10728

View attachment 10729

Thank you,

Will
factory reset thats what i did to get rid of the errors about paied app

What actually will this limit break in your firmware?

Any new setting that's longer than 255 characters won't be saved. This will limit the number of Policy rules to 255 chars total for instance - around 5-7 rules, depending on the length of your description field.

Any settings which I made larger (like the DHCP static reservations) won't be able to store more settings than allowed by the original buffer length. The DHCP reservation list will be limited even more, as I add an extra hostname field to the stored data in nvram.

I was also forced to move SSH keys to JFFS during early development - didn't know at the time the cause, now I do. Anything stored to jffs won't be included in settings backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!