What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.10 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beta 2. Im having a problem clearing old certs from openvpn clients, particularly "client certificate" and also "certificate revocation list"; removing the data and saving it does not clear it, so I cannot connect to VPN servers with those clients

Last edited:
Other problems: Certain clients will connect but not others. Client one for example refuses to work. Also I am unable to start multiple openvpn clients at once; the provider supports multiple connections. All settings except IP are the same as the one that is connected and functional, however I get this error with client three, (this is while client 2 is connected):

Code:
Mar 19 03:25:25 ovpn-client3[23187]: Options error: No client-side authentication method is specified.  You must use either --cert/--key, --pkcs12, or --auth-user-pass
Mar 19 03:25:25 ovpn-client3[23187]: Use --help for more information.
Mar 19 03:25:25 syslog: VPN_LOG_ERROR: 487: Starting OpenVPN failed...

Last edited:
Strange phenomenon, client 2 got renamed to client 3, and other clients were renamed; some had no name, here is a screenshot

Strange2.png

Strange.png

Bricked. After rebooting to see if this would rectify the issue, it went into an infinite boot loop; Factory default/reset button doesn't change that. I cannot access the router at all. Looks like the latest firmware bricked my AC66U B1

Bricked. After rebooting to see if this would rectify the issue, it went into an infinite boot loop; Factory default/reset button doesn't change that. I cannot access the router at all. Looks like the latest firmware bricked my AC66U B1

Just tested it on my RT-AC66U_B1 and no issue here. Based on your previous posts I suspect your nvram content was corrupted (perhaps it was full). Turn the router on while pressing the WPS button, and release it once the power led flashes - this will reset it to factory default.

Will nvram corruption affect upnp forwarding?

I have noticed a lot of nvram consolidation of space messages I did read they were just some the router does and not to worry about it from a form search.

I'm just trying to determine what in my network is bugging out again.

Last edited:
Just tested it on my RT-AC66U_B1 and no issue here. Based on your previous posts I suspect your nvram content was corrupted (perhaps it was full). Turn the router on while pressing the WPS button, and release it once the power led flashes - this will reset it to factory default.

@RMerlin I have done that a few times and it just keeps on cycling on reboot. All the lan leds go dark, then all leds flash, and the cycle continues. When I hit WPS and wait for it to blink, then let go, I let it sit for a good 3-5 minutes before powering it off myself. How long does the reset take and should I be powering it off when the power led starts blinking?

Update I see the blinking led is for firmware restoration, I will try this and update shortly

Last edited:
@RMerlin I have done that a few times and it just keeps on cycling on reboot. All the lan leds go dark, then all leds flash, and the cycle continues. When I hit WPS and wait for it to blink, then let go, I let it sit for a good 3-5 minutes before powering it off myself. How long does the reset take and should I be powering it off when the power led starts blinking?

That's the process for manually clearing the NVRAM:

1- Power off the Router.
2- Press and hold down the WPS button.
3- While holding the WPS button, plug in the power cable to turn router on.
4- Keep holding the WPS button for 30 seconds before releasing. The router should reboot.
5- It's Done!!

That's the process for manually clearing the NVRAM:

1- Power off the Router.
2- Press and hold down the WPS button.
3- While holding the WPS button, plug in the power cable to turn router on.
4- Keep holding the WPS button for 30 seconds before releasing. The router should reboot.
5- It's Done!!

I tried this and it does not reboot, the led keeps blinking. This is supposed to initiate a router restore mode according to asus , however holding the WPS button while the router is already running did result in it rebooting (unless it was just reboot cycling like before), and I tried this multiple times. I tried uploading firmware via the firmware restoration tool exactly as described by ASUS and it claims the router is "not in restoration mode"

Last edited:
Sometimes it stops cycling for a few minutes, a zenmap scan shows two closed ports tcp 139 & 445, that is it; then the router continues on rebooting

his is supposed to initiate a router restore mode according to asus

Make sure you do follow the posted instructions closely. The WPS button must be pressed BEFORE turning the router on, not while it's already running. This will do a factory default reset.

oye, I am confusing wps with reset! didn't even know there was another button there... aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it looks like its working, bingo. Sorry about the confusion, the firmware is not the issue here, sorry merlin.!

Last edited:
crl revocation list still not clearing on my openvpn client, did a factory default and restored settings, cant delete it.

crl revocation list still not clearing on my openvpn client, did a factory default and restored settings, cant delete it.
I'll take a look. In the meantime delete the file from /jffs/openvpn/ .

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Issues connecting to multiple vpns at one time, although IP is set you can see it shows the client is connecting to nothing;

Mar 19 10:27:23 syslog: VPN_LOG_ERROR: 487: Starting OpenVPN failed...
Mar 19 10:27:57 ovpn-client2[13325]: Options error: No client-side authentication method is specified. You must use either --cert/--key, --pkcs12, or --auth-user-pass
Mar 19 10:27:57 ovpn-client2[13325]: Use --help for more information.
Mar 19 10:27:57 syslog: VPN_LOG_ERROR: 487: Starting OpenVPN failed...

This happens on client 2 no matter whether client one is connected or not; looks exactly like what was happening earlier; in other words, some of the other clients should work just fine.

vpnissues.png

Last edited:
Rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel, removing clients from this does not work successfully on client 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!