What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgraded from 384.12 to 384.13 Beta 1 and tried Quad9 DOT again (instead of Cloudflare).

Still need to reload a page now and then to see all content, as on 384.12.

Does Quad9 really perform that poor?

Upgraded from 384.12 to 384.13 Beta 1 and tried Quad9 DOT again (instead of Cloudflare).

DNS service usually depends on distance the packets travel. On my home ISP Cloudflare resolves to a data center 100 miles away. Quad9 goes almost 1,000 miles, sometimes more.
Use dnsleak to see what data center you use.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Is this a bug ?
I have noticed in the Wireless log that for the 2,4GHZ it is not showing if you are transmitting in 20ghz or 40ghz (frequency), where as the 5ghz does show you which frequency you/router are using. OCD I know.
Is this same for all?
My 2.4GHZ band is currently set to 20GHZ only, channel static and wireless mode N

upload_2019-7-27_19-47-46.png

upload_2019-7-27_19-49-26.png

Last edited:
I had to do a 4x fresh install on my RT-AC86U after a 10-15sec reset button. When I upload a vpn config, (with no settings adjusted on the router) I can’t login into the router whatsoever, circle keeps spinning with 100%, even after a power cycle I can’t login the router for some fine-tuning. Setting vpn: 192.168.1.0/24 block clients tunnel down. I tried a SSH but couldn’t login. Alpha 2 had no issues for me, apart from a falling NTP time server occasionally after a power cycle. Unfortunately I cant share log due to the no login. Reverted back to Alpha 2, loaded JFFS and settings and is working as intended, for me..

My 2.4GHZ band is currently set to 20GHZ only, chanel static and wireless mode N

So basically there is nothing to show, if you were 40MHz it would ad an L after the channel.
Same would be for 5GHz if put on 20MHz...

I've exactly the same experience, tested Quad9, Cloudflare and Cleanbrowsing, with Quad9 I also have those issues, with Cloudflare and Cleanbrowsing I don't. They all use servers in Amsterdam, which is appropriate for me. Now I'm sticking with Cleanbrowsing, no issues yet.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-H870 met Tapatalk

If you have a aimesh node unplug it then restart your primary router .
I did that very thing. Did not work. My 86 (primary) wouldn't let me in via GUI nor SSH but was up and running. The 88 (mesh) wouldn't boot at all. I had to power down and power up holding in the WPS button until it came back. Did a full reset on both afterwards and now things are fine. I did a full M&M when I went from .12 to .13A too. Kind of a strange time for this but since my experience doesn't seem to be typical, likely just my fault in some way I didn't notice.

Only thing I did that was out of "standard" was to update the mesh node from stock Asus FW back to Merlin .13b via the gui as the first step. Was planning on doing a factory reset but the router never woke up from the update.

DNS service usually depends on distance the packets travel. On my home ISP Cloudflare resolves to a data center 100 miles away. Quad9 goes almost 1,000 miles, sometimes more.
Use dnsleak to see what data center you use.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
Running quad9 and cloudflare....using DNSleak i can see the servers being on the west coast (California) whereas I'm on the east coast. o_O

Do you mean dnsleak.com?

That only shows the IP of the DNS server?
Same here. I see the country, but that's as fine-grained as it gets.

Everything running great here no node issues.

Flashed a new AX88U with the new 13 beta. As soon as I activate the VPN , I lose internet connection. I reset and configured everything from scratch, and have internet access throughout the whole time. As soon as I activate the VPN, the internet stopped working the second time. Have used the same settings as before and don’t use the kill switch. As soon as flashed back to alpha-2, everything was back to normal and VPN is working. Have not had a chance to look at the logs but will again as soon as go home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any way to also fix the Sysinfo/Ethernet Ports showing LAN 1 <unknown> (I know it is on Quantenna...)?

The Realtek switch does not provide the last seen MAC info. There's nothing to fix, it's simply not available, as the note at the top of the table says.

Last edited:

Part of it has to do with timing schematics of quad 9's servers. I would recommend also using extra servers for buffer like cleanbrowsing security suite.

I have noticed in the Wireless log that for the 2,4GHZ it is not showing if you are transmitting in 20ghz or 40ghz (frequency), where as the 5ghz does show you which frequency you/router are using. OCD I know.
Is this same for all?

The 2.4 GHz (legacy) does not handle channel width internally the same way as the 5 GHz band. The 2.4 GHz band will register as two separate channels (which will be shown if using 40 MHz), while the 5 GHz band will register as one larger channel.

I had to do a 4x fresh install on my RT-AC86U after a 10-15sec reset button. When I upload a vpn config, (with no settings adjusted on the router) I can’t login into the router whatsoever, circle keeps spinning with 100%, even after a power cycle I can’t login the router for some fine-tuning. Setting vpn: 192.168.1.0/24 block clients tunnel down. I tried a SSH but couldn’t login. Alpha 2 had no issues for me, apart from a falling NTP time server occasionally after a power cycle. Unfortunately I cant share log due to the no login. Reverted back to Alpha 2, loaded JFFS and settings and is working as intended, for me.

Flashed a new AX88U with the new 13 beta. As soon as I activate the VPN , I lose internet connection. I reset and configured everything from scratch, and have internet access throughout the whole time. As soon as I activate the VPN, the internet stopped working the second time. Have used the same settings as before and don’t use the kill switch. As soon as flashed back to alpha-2, everything was back to normal and VPN is working. Have not had a chance to look at the logs but will again as soon as go home.

Check your system log for errors, also please read the third post in this thread listing known issues.

Upgraded my ax88(main) and nodes ac88 /68u both with 384.13_alpha2 to ax88 384.13beta and ac88/68u with stock firmware.
Everything is stable , aimesh works great , no drops/disconnect when facetiming/downloading and switch with several nodes

Also dnssec /openvpn(server) and several crontab scripts is working.

Thx merlin for this release

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!